Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:39:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If ChinDem comes with concert DVD, which 2006 show would U like 2-C?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If ChinDem comes with concert DVD, which 2006 show would U like 2-C?  (Read 12640 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »

I'd like an indoor show - they just usually look better on DVD. If it happened, I would imagine it would be the Hammerstein shows - historically significant, and since there were 3 dates, a good choice for the best material.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2006, 04:31:28 PM »

thats an easy one, the last night at hammerstein was the best show so far.....
Finck About You
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2006, 09:45:59 PM »

Pick the best performances from each song at the 4 Hammerstein NY shows and edit them into one concert. But WTTJ from May 12th has to be used because I can't imagine the atmosphere being any greater than that.

Then as bonus features include pro-shot tracks from Europe and America. If I had more knowledge of the quality of the concerts, I'd prob list my choices. As well as, among other features, a motherfucking COMPREHENSIVE documentary about the making of the album. I'd settle for one that lasts 3-4 hours.  Grin

Ahhh to dream....
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 12:51:12 PM »

I was at the third night at hammerstein and it was great. That being said, nothing can even begin to compare to the energy of msg on November 10th. The crowd was absolutely electric and the band sounded so tight. The problem with the hammerstein shows is that they were still working out all of the kinks of the new stage show. I like the idea of a two disc set with the second disc containing some footage from the european tour and maybe some behind the scenes interviews. Hopefully this will become a reality in some format in the not too distant future. I think a bonus disc with some footage of any show would be a great addition to chinese democracy.

There's a lot goin on here.....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 01:01:17 PM »

I'd like an indoor show - they just usually look better on DVD. If it happened, I would imagine it would be the Hammerstein shows - historically significant, and since there were 3 dates, a good choice for the best material.

4 dates actually, but yeah i kinda agree with ya that or donnington
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 02:19:53 PM »

I think it will be Download if they do release a DVD reason being ?  the video's that are on gunsnroses.com look DVD Quality and I think there gonna release those sooner or later.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 02:41:01 PM »

Athens, Greece 2006.

Amazing show.

OR

London Acoustic show... out of this world.

Edward Rose
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 02:44:04 PM »

I think it will be Download if they do release a DVD reason being ?  the video's that are on gunsnroses.com look DVD Quality and I think there gonna release those sooner or later.

I guess I'm not allowed to reply with just a wink smiley. So, "Wink."

Seems like Hammerstein is more popular in this thread, even though the band was obviously still in the "warming up" phase of the tour. So very unlikely. I think it'll be Donington for several reasons. One being Axl said the location was very "Special" for Guns. Two because those are the only videos they showed at the official .com site. Another because it was a fucking insane audience... a sea of people. Also, since England is closer to the North Pole, they had long days during that time of the year. So it was cool how the Sun was still up when they started and it slowly got darker and darker, yet dark enough the whole time for the stage lights to still look cool. Even at the end of the set, the sky still had a little blue in it, as evidenced in the P. City video right now at the official .com site.

And for anyone who thinks the problems at Donington have anything to do with it. One word. "Edit." Smiley

This is all just based on my oppinion and hopes for a Donington dvd.  ok
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2006, 02:46:36 PM »

the hammerstein shows and the halifax show (trailer park boys - liquor and whores)

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »

The Paris show, 'cause the band said it was the best show of the tour (up until that point), and it was darn splendid, too! Smiley

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2006, 08:28:09 PM »

Minneapolis by far and the Hammerstein shows. 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2006, 08:35:27 PM »

Selections from each of the 3 LA shows.  and while we're at it, selections from the Hammerstein too.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2006, 08:43:17 PM »

Id go with any of the Hammerstein shows, they sounded great, the crowd was 1000% into the band, and the air was FULL of electricity!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2006, 09:44:55 PM »

Totally would say MPLS.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2006, 10:00:46 PM »

Make a DVD with the best performance of every song that the band has played at a show in 2006.  (Please?)   drool

welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2006, 10:29:39 PM »

Having been to one of their club shows (last of hammerstein) and one of their arena shows (msg) I would have to say that GNR in Nov/Dec, blows away the GNR from May. It isnt even comparable, the band is tighter, more comfortable, in unison, axl sounds a lot stronger and has even more control over his voice plus we are getting better setlists now.

with the exception of twat being played, the Hammerstein shows while great, are nothing to how good Madison Square Garden was.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »

Id like to see a dvd of not just one concert but highlights from the tour every song from a different concert with all kinds of backstage stuff and maybe some interviews
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2006, 01:18:54 AM »

This would be cruel, but....

I'd like them to include DVD's of every pro-shot concert from the tour - randomly inserted, one DVD with each album.

This would definitely skyrocket sales, because you'd have collectors buying like 20 copies of the album just to get all of the shows.

Also, it is very unlikely that all of the shows would be torrented, so if you wanted a specific show the only way would be to buy albums until you get one.

As I said before, this would be cruel - but it is a BONUS and a lot better than having to choose just one show to represent an entire tour.
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2006, 10:39:05 AM »

The one they played Down on the farm, can't remember where was it...

it it's not possible, the wembley shows would be nice, the highlights of the two days...

What do you think?

Baltimore, First Mariner Arena.
danny9894
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2006, 10:42:48 AM »

Totally would say MPLS.

Agreed, even though it has been the only show I have seen live ever the setlist and the bands performance was top notch
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: