Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  MATT SORUM: 'We Have 18 Songs Ready And We Are All Very Excited
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: MATT SORUM: 'We Have 18 Songs Ready And We Are All Very Excited  (Read 7848 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 09:56:54 PM »

STP recorded their second album in one month. So I think B 'B works fast. If the album is finished by Feb, hopefully we can see a May/June release, which would rule.
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 01:22:24 AM »

Tour in the spring - Awesome! ok

Fucked up and out of place
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »

STP recorded their second album in one month. So I think B 'B works fast. If the album is finished by Feb, hopefully we can see a May/June release, which would rule.

"We are planning to record right up to Christmas and then finish up just after the New Year. Making plans for touring in the spring. I know it has taken a little while, but it's going [to] ROCK. Can't wait to get back out on the road with all you great fans."

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jthunders13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »

i heard rick rubin is in the studio with metallica, whatever happened to him working on the vr record is they are almost done recording?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »

s..eems rubin was asking too much of them, i mean back mid october they said they had 10 songs, rubin told them only 3 were good enough, now he's gone...........

Heresay, never documented.

yes it was. matt actually said it himself on CFR.

"Matt said that Rick listened to the songs they already had and he only liked one. So, he suggested the band go out and jam and record it. Ok, so they did, came back and he liked three. Rick told them that he was going to the South of France (to work on U2's album) and he'll be back at the end of September"

hardly hearsay when the bands drummer is saying it.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 09:27:41 PM »

s..eems rubin was asking too much of them, i mean back mid october they said they had 10 songs, rubin told them only 3 were good enough, now he's gone...........

"Matt said that Rick listened to the songs they already had and he only liked one. So, he suggested the band go out and jam and record it. Ok, so they did, came back and he liked three. Rick told them that he was going to the South of France (to work on U2's album) and he'll be back at the end of September"

"Liked" and "Good enough" are 2 different animals entirely.

Just because Rick may have not cared for what he heard initially doesn't meet they "sucked" so to speak.  O'Brien may think the exact same material is freaking gold, who knows?

From all accounts, there seems to have been a lack of chemistry with Rubin.  Best they found out early in the process and cut ties.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »

Just because Rick may have not cared for what he heard initially doesn't meet they "sucked" so to speak. O'Brien may think the exact same material is freaking gold, who knows?

From all accounts, there seems to have been a lack of chemistry with Rubin. Best they found out early in the process and cut ties.

Ya I guess he wouldnt know what he is talking about.   Right,  Roll Eyes

I have my doubts about this record

If you dont like me, blow me!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 11:06:32 PM »

Ya I guess he wouldnt know what he is talking about.? ?Right,? Roll Eyes

So with this whacky logic, by default, Brendan O'Brien is absolutley tone deaf for taking the gig?? ?ok

Apparently the band nor the current producer don't.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 11:08:06 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GeraldFord
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 02:55:50 AM »

Didn't Rick Rubin produce the new Justin Timberlake album? Screw him. Everything BOB has worked on has been great pretty much. I think this new album is gonna be great.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 04:39:59 AM »

VR are great, its not gonna suck, its gonna be amazing.

Next year is a great year musically for me.

GNR hopefully,finally

VR? and? new bon Jovi album

Its gonna be a great year!

If u watched Metallica's Some kind of Monster u would know how slow and conflicted Metallica are, so no wonder VR went another direction cause they didnt want to wait.

They wanted a producer who could focus all his attention on them cause they dont like to wait around.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 07:05:12 AM »

VR are great, its not gonna suck, its gonna be amazing.

Next year is a great year musically for me.

GNR hopefully,finally

VR? and? new bon Jovi album

Its gonna be a great year!

If u watched Metallica's Some kind of Monster u would know how slow and conflicted Metallica are, so no wonder VR went another direction cause they didnt want to wait.

They wanted a producer who could focus all his attention on them cause they dont like to wait around.

It should also be noted that Metallica nearly broke up during the recording of their last album, hence the extra delays they had. But then again, Metallica have always taken their time in the studio, and if it would've held VR up, I'm glad they've picked someone else, especially Brendan.

I'm expecting really great things with the new VR album, and I still think pretty highly of Contraband.
I'm really eager to hear some new Slash riffing! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
EstrangedReality
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »

s..eems rubin was asking too much of them, i mean back mid october they said they had 10 songs, rubin told them only 3 were good enough, now he'd gone...........

Matt said that Rubin didn't like the songs they had shown him, but the only reason given for Rubin's departure was that "things didn't work out."
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 09:20:24 PM »

With all the GNR activity I've been kind of forgetful of VR but listening to Contraband today and I'm getting more and more pumped for the boys second album.  Matt's drumming is really standout imo in VR, really cool. 

I think we're all in agreement that we want more Slash on the second album compared to the first.  I've never heard anyone disagree with that statement. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
darkmonth
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 10:36:57 PM »

Just because Rick may have not cared for what he heard initially doesn't meet they "sucked" so to speak. O'Brien may think the exact same material is freaking gold, who knows?

From all accounts, there seems to have been a lack of chemistry with Rubin. Best they found out early in the process and cut ties.

Ya I guess he wouldnt know what he is talking about.   Right,  Roll Eyes

Yeah ... well, with a Buckethead avatar staring at me while I read your post ... I'm not surprised Wink
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 08:37:38 AM »

Yeah ... well, with a Buckethead avatar staring at me while I read your post ... I'm not surprised Wink

C'mon now!!  Buckethead is a HUGE part of the Gn'R's legacy!!   rofl

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: