Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:28:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  MATT SORUM: 'We Have 18 Songs Ready And We Are All Very Excited
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: MATT SORUM: 'We Have 18 Songs Ready And We Are All Very Excited  (Read 7882 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 01, 2006, 10:44:13 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum has issued the following update:

"Looks like VELVET REVOLVER are finally going to start recording the album. We have 18 songs ready and we are all very excited. Producer Brendan O'Brien [PEARL JAM, SOUNDGARDEN, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, AUDIOSLAVE] has been in pre-production with us at Scott's [Weiland, vocals] Lavish studios for the last three weeks. We have been working six days a week, and let me tell you that man has whipped us into shape. This will be a killer album, I promise you.

"We are planning to record right up to Christmas and then finish up just after the New Year. Making plans for touring in the spring. I know it has taken a little while, but it's going [to] ROCK. Can't wait to get back out on the road with all you great fans."

VELVET REVOLVER's sophomore album has a working title of "Libertad". The band's 2004 debut, "Contraband", was certified double-platinum for sales in excess of two million copies in the United States.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 06:25:06 AM »

"We are planning to record right up to Christmas and then finish up just after the New Year. Making plans for touring in the spring. I know it has taken a little while, but it's going [to] ROCK. Can't wait to get back out on the road with all you great fans."

This is great... I can't wait to hear some new material and hopefully catch these guys live again!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »

Scott is amazing live-I still can't get over that-I was a casual STP fan, but seeing Scott in concert-and I love Slash and Duff-you can't stop watching Scott

libertad
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:40:24 AM »

Great! Hope I can see them on tour again, hopefully this time i'll have better seats too!  ok
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 12:16:16 PM »

it would be great if they put the 18 songs on the album, a long and all kind of stuff album, like Illusions
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 03:30:33 PM »

it would be great if they put the 18 songs on the album, a long and all kind of stuff album, like Illusions

yeah IMO that would be the ultimate with a bunch of new songs instead of the 12 they think would sell the most album just include all 18 and maybe more?so that everybody can fins their personal favourite
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 03:59:50 PM »

yes Merck yes, I agree!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 11:37:36 PM »

wtf i thought that rick rubin was producing?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 01:03:28 AM »

Great news. I'd love to hear some new stuff from them and hopefully catch them in concert.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 02:05:51 AM »

I'll be interested to hear what they're working on.  I didn't find the first album "blow me away great", but it was good enough for me to listen to anything else they record. 

Any word if ALL 18 are slated for the album, or are they pickin' n' choosin'?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 12:13:13 PM »

I hope it's going to blow away Contraband.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 12:46:00 PM by Falcon » Logged
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »

Very hopeful that VR does not suffer from the sophmore slump and they put out an outstanding new album. Just so long as it does not get released before chinese democracy. Wouldn't that be awful if VR were able to release two stellar albums over a three year period without axl's magnum opus surfacing. As a fan of both bands I just feel that if the new VR album came out first it would just add to the constant press and industry mockery of CD.......
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:16:12 PM by billbailey07 » Logged

There's a lot goin on here.....
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 03:00:24 PM »

seems rubin was asking too much of them, i mean back mid october they said they had 10 songs, rubin told them only 3 were good enough, now he'd gone...........

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 08:42:39 PM »

seems rubin was asking too much of them, i mean back mid october they said they had 10 songs, rubin told them only 3 were good enough, now he'd gone...........

Where'd you hear that? I wasn't even sure if they actually got to work with him since he was working with U2 and was scheduled to work with Metallica. I thought they might have switched because they didn't want to wait around.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »

Probably would take way too long. I think Brendan O'Brien has pretty close ties with Rubin anyway.. So he may be somewhat involved still.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 11:44:35 AM »

Anyway, it is great that things are moving along now.  It would be great to see them on the road in the spring.. Although I would hope they release the album first.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »

s..eems rubin was asking too much of them, i mean back mid october they said they had 10 songs, rubin told them only 3 were good enough, now he'd gone...........

Heresay, never documented.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 09:57:38 PM »

So this sounds like another June release then???  Not a bad thing, I'm just predicting.  I can't see them getting the album out before then if they are still in the studio at Christmas.  We all know it's possible but history shows this is a fairly slow moving band. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 02:48:23 AM »

So this sounds like another June release then?Huh Not a bad thing, I'm just predicting.? I can't see them getting the album out before then if they are still in the studio at Christmas.? We all know it's possible but history shows this is a fairly slow moving band. 

I wouldn't neccessarily say that they are slow. These guys have always been quick recording in the studio.
Just remember, Contraband was recorded and ready around Christmas 2003, but it was the record company that pushed it back to the June 2004 release date. So I expect the same for this album, because the record company would probably like to plan their marketing strategy for it.

Most bands go through the whole "follow-up not as good as their debut" syndrome with a second release, so I think the fact that they have spent so long on this when usually they are quick about things, gives us promise that they really want this new album to be something great.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »

They get into the studio in 5 days... I think things will roll along pretty quickly from there.... Would love to see this thing by May.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: