Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 20 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 20 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre [DISCUSSION]  (Read 19248 times)
daubs
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 02:20:52 AM »

Im going thru my gnr track list to remember which songs were played, so here is the full set list, all the songs played, not in order tho

Better
Liquor and Whores
Its So Easy
Heavens Door (forgot that one first time)
Live and Let Die
Brownstone
Michelle
Nightrain
Nov Rain
Paradise City
Patience
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child
Madagascar
The Blues
Welcome to the Jungle
Out To Get Me

then the solos like dont cry and beautiful.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 02:22:52 AM by daubs » Logged
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 02:26:36 AM »

I really want to see or hear them doing liquor and whores my buddy loves the trailer park boys and he thinks I am full of shit when I told him abotu liquor and whores.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 02:29:19 AM »

Rocket Queen returns?!  drool

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 02:30:15 AM »

dude, i'm a huge Trailer Park Boys fan, but what is "liquor and whores"?

is it from an episode?

lol, did bubbles play guitar??

Fucked up and out of place
daubs
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 02:35:02 AM »

its a song bubbles does, it got alot of radio play around here about a year ago. yes bubbles played guitar and ricky / julian walked around the stage getting the crowd going. sam losco was sitting in front of me too  ok
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 02:42:28 AM »

its a song bubbles does, it got alot of radio play around here about a year ago. yes bubbles played guitar and ricky / julian walked around the stage getting the crowd going. sam losco was sitting in front of me too  ok

LOL, thats awesome!! I actually got to meet the trailer park boys in Vancouver earlier this year!

I hope we get a bootleg of this, thanks for sharing the stories!

Fucked up and out of place
Noticeboy
Headliner

Rock On!

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 02:44:09 AM »

Ok, It was a good show. Axl is on his game.
All the solos just killed the crowd that were already tired.
Yes they can all play their guitars... no shit, that's why they are part of the band.. but 3 guitar solos at about 10 minutes or more each gets a bit much.
The only people that really stood all night were the people on the floor, everyone else had a seat and watched the show.
And is the soundman Axl's dad or something?
Can't they fire that guy and get someone that knows how to do a vocal mix, I mean c'mon.. people went to hear the songs song by Axl.. you could see his lips move but not much come out. Until the end when he nailed everything.
FIRE THE SOUND MAN!
I had a good time but can honestly say it wasn't in my top 5 concerts I have ever been to.
As for singing along, sure there was a couple songs but for the most part people just watched the show.
Not to compare but when Motley Crue played.. nobody sat down and everyone sang ALL NIGHT.
Yes I think there were alot of GnR fans there but I also think there were alot of curious onlookers.
Am I still a GnR fan?
Sure
Would I go again, yup. I had a great time.

I know I'll probably get ripped apart on this post but it's how the show came across to me and people I went with.

Liquor and Whores was funny and Axl seemed into it.. said they may add it as a staple and pay The TPB's royalties..lol

Oh yeah and no booze on sale at the event was retarded..lol
Die Mannequin = something to find your seat to.
Suicide Girls = Much better looking onstage than off. But I think I have to buy my wife a hoola-hoop.. DAMN!
The Trews = great show, just most of their songs sound the same.

It's Rock n Roll, Not Brain Surgery!
daubs
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 02:49:29 AM »

i agree at first it was hard to hear axl in certian parts. its too bad they have jungle and live and let die first cuz there are some awesome screams in thoes which are missed early but it seems like he nails thoes later in the show. the best part of LALD i always thought was the scream during the guitar parts, but early in the show it just sounds weak.

whateve,r the show was great and im very happy. got my moneys worth.

side note, anybody know what happened at bubbles mansion? i went by with my ticket and i heard they had clsoed, any idea on a refund or something?
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 03:28:54 AM »

wow just got back amazing. dont know what everyone talking about with hearing AXL. from where i was "Lower Bowl" his vocals really dominated the mix. sooo loud

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Psychophobia
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 03:33:24 AM »

Rocket Queen returns?!? drool
I was thrilled to get it in the set - that was one of my favourites back when I first heard Appetite!

Here's my attempt at a review... Just got home now at 330am, but I'm still wired up, so why not write for a bit.

Die Mannequin, I thought they were alright... not really my cup of tea. Found them too close to emo / punk rock for my tastes.

Suicide Girls were a bizarre little act to have between bands. Some of the wives in the audience didn't seem too impressed with it! I got a chuckle out of it in parts. The hula hoop act made me laugh. Some hot girls, but I would've prefered another band.

The Trews really impressed me. They might be the new Sloan! Great vibe, great sound, nice all-around set of good-old-fashioned rock and roll. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for when they're in town again.

Guns finally hit the stage around midnight, five hours after the doors opened. Typical Axl...! But it was well worth the wait. What a great show! It was heavy on hits, but that was to be expected. The new songs went over well. The first one they played was Better, which got a great response. Sounded awesome, too! The bootlegs dont' capture the heaviness of it, especially the three-guitars part near the end. At first I was a little thrown off, as on the leaked demo, Buckethead(?) plays this great little lick around 1:26 in... I've become quite attached to it! Ron Thal changed it up a bit, which threw me for a loop!

I thought The Blues sounded really good too. One of my favourite Robin Finck solos of the night, and it fits into the set really well after Dizzy's solo (an unexpected highlight).

We got Madagascar as an encore, which was unexpected - I thought that it'd be Chinese Democracy, which it turned out wasn't played. The people around me were real silent at first when it kicked in, but by the end, it gathered quite a bit of applause. The MLK video works well with it. Great tune.

I was also pleasantly surprised with the inclusion of Night Train, My Michelle, and Rocket Queen into the set. I haven't followed the boots that closely for this tour, and hadn't known they were playing them. Liquor and Whores gave the show a bit of a sense of uniqueness too.

Some thoughts on the band:

Axl is in great shape! Running about the stage all night, sang very well (sounded much better than the '02 shows I've heard), and appeared to be in a jovial mood. I was struck by his professionalism throughout the show - didn't shit-talk anyone, and frequently stepped into the background to let the band show off, as if to prove that he has a solid cast of musicians with him. A far cry from his more obnoxious image in the 90s, but IMO, a great improvement!

Dizzy - I never would've expected to rank a piano solo as a highlight of a rock concert, but this was definately one of my favourite spots to the night.

Fortus - He surprised me. With Buckethead gone, I find that Fortus sticks out the most onstage, just for his lanky frame, animated stage antics, and brighter colours than the others. I hadn't known that he actually played a number of leads during the shows; I'd assumed that was Finck/Bucket/Thal territory. His solo spot was nice, too.

Finck - I've had a mixed opinion of Robin Finck ever since my introduction to the new Gn'R through the 2002 Rock in Rio vid. Good guitar player, he's obviously got the chops for the job, and he's got a cool stage presence on this tour - looks like a rockstar as opposed to someone auditioning for Marylin Manson. He plays the old songs (and the new ones!) well for the most part, but I really disliked his solo spot - found it to be mostly noise and thrashing around... ho-hum. Didn't like his take on Patience either... it was sounding good until he toook the solo. I'll look forward to hearing his playing on the album, so I'll be able to form a better opinion of him. Has he recorded anything other than his stuff with NIN that's worth hearing, anyone know?

Ron Thal - Amazing. Axl didn't fool around, looking to replace Buckethead. This guy is every bit as warped and spectacular in his playing, and like Bucket, is content to hang out on the side of the stage and not draw attention to himself. Pure class. I was surprised that he didn't handle more of the solos - seemed like Finck did quite a bit more, but it might've just been because Thal was on the opposite side of the stage from me, and I couldn't always hear him clearly.

The New Drummer Guy - Who is this guy, and where did Axl find him? I thought he did a very good job filling in for Brain.

Overall, a great show - definately the best rock concert I've been to so far.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 03:35:19 AM by Psychophobia » Logged
Slash_N_Roses
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 03:44:56 AM »

wow, to all the haters who bitch and whine. what i seen tonight was entertainment at its best, SEE THEM LIVE IF NOT STFU.

axls voice was PEFRECT, stretched a bit on chinese democracy but other then that it was honestly flawless.

Props to all the guitarists in the new GNR for complimenting slashs/izzy's wonderful styles and WOW.

unbeleiveable.

ill come back tommorow with a real review cuz im a lil fukked rigt now.

but all in all, go see Gnr because its a real rock and roll show (even tho u  couldnt buy beer at this venue)

p.s learn the lyrics to dont cry, so the next time ron thal plays it u can help him out and show a bit of support Smiley

beer
Psychophobia
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 03:46:38 AM »

sam losco was sitting in front of me too? ok
rofl rofl
Yes they can all play their guitars... no shit, that's why they are part of the band.. but 3 guitar solos at about 10 minutes or more each gets a bit much.
I know what you're saying, and almost agree with you - I'd be happy to see them drop Finck and Fortus's solos and just let Thal do his thing. ?Cheesy But at the same time, I can understand letting them each have their own moment in the spotlight. There've been so many jokes and such made about Guns, and how long CD is taking to be released, that I can see Axl letting his band members strut their stuff for a few minutes just to show people he means business.

Having three guitar solos does kill the momentum though. Go through two or three rockers, sit down for a solo, repeat. I didn't mind it in the least, but I'd take more songs over them in a second.

Also, have Live and Let Die, and Knockin' on Heaven's Door always been so early in the setlist? I hadn't expected them to be among the first handful of songs.
Slash_N_Roses
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 03:49:06 AM »

the only solo that killed the crowd imo was the beatiful duet.

ppl were caught off guard to say the least and to strike back with out ta get me was a bit misleading.

props to dizzy for a wonderful piano solo. FUCKING AWESOME, see it for yourself if possible.

p.s the whole bubbles mansion thing was a scam Smiley

suckers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 03:51:52 AM by Slash_N_Roses » Logged
Psychophobia
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 03:50:19 AM »

axls voice was PEFRECT, stretched a bit on chinese democracy but other then that it was honestly flawless... ill come back tommorow with a real review cuz im a lil fukked rigt now.
Ha... you must be, as they didn't play Chinese Democracy. Wink beer
Slash_N_Roses
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 03:52:51 AM »

fack, my bad. the song before paradise city. the blues was awesome Smiley

props on the solos, classic gnr style.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 03:54:52 AM by Slash_N_Roses » Logged
Psychophobia
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 03:57:40 AM »

fack, my bad. the song before paradise city. the blues was awesome Smiley
Madagascar. Wink The Blues was definately awesome - each of the new songs came off really well, I thought.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 06:57:51 AM »

Cool! Thanks for the reviews and stuff.. I hope we'll hear Civil War soon. Was the place almost full?

it was sold out...
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 09:54:22 AM »

Long time member here at htgth this was my first GNR concert ever!!!!!
I was standing prolly 10 feet away from Axl on the floor, and this concert totally kicked my ass!!!!!!!!!!! incredible!!! Axl was in prime shape hit the notes and was dancin and runnin like a madman.
Im sorry I cant remeber the exact order of the setlist i wasnt gonna sit there with a pen I was just headbanign and singing all night but heres the songs they played
 welcome to the jungle
its so easy
mr brownstone
live and let die
knockin on heavens door
better
you could be mine
the blues
out ta get me
november rain
rocket queen-AWESOMEEE
patience
Liqour and whores with the trailer park boys
night train
my michelle
madagascar
paradice city   
may have missed some i dont know. The crowd around me was loving it!!! new songs got some confusion but madagascar was the best received I heard people around me that were like blown away by it. Before GNR hit the stage a fight almost broke out in the crowd some chick and a dude this chick slapped buddy in the face. And during November rain a fight almost broke out lol.
When the trews played for some reason security came over to me and my buddy and thought we were taking pictures even though either of us had a camera on us, he said "Axl says if theres a camera that flashes at me Im walkin of stage" total bull shit security guard was just bein a knob.

You can watch this band on youtube, or tv or whatever but nothing does them justice until youve seen them live the solos were incredible axls voice phenominal I was soo happy they played rocket queen and madagascar never thought i was gonna hear those two!!! especially with madagascar commin during the encore. Axl looked like he was loving the show same as the rest of the band!!! Halifax had a crazy atmosphere I cant wait too see these guys again
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 10:03:59 AM »

Ok, It was a good show. Axl is on his game.
The only people that really stood all night were the people on the floor, everyone else had a seat and watched the show.

I had a good time but can honestly say it wasn't in my top 5 concerts I have ever been to.
Yes I think there were alot of GnR fans there but I also think there were alot of curious onlookers.
Am I still a GnR fan?
Sure
Would I go again, yup. I had a great time.

I know I'll probably get ripped apart on this post but it's how the show came across to me and people I went with.

No ripping here - This pretty much sums up the MSG show for me to a tee - The guitar solos destroyed the show - People just don't wanna hear that shit - Maybe one, but 3?  enough already
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 10:05:28 AM »

what is the capacity of arena?

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: