Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:19:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 20 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 20 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre [DISCUSSION]  (Read 17332 times)
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »

Ok, It was a good show. Axl is on his game.
All the solos just killed the crowd that were already tired.
Yes they can all play their guitars... no shit, that's why they are part of the band.. but 3 guitar solos at about 10 minutes or more each gets a bit much.
The only people that really stood all night were the people on the floor, everyone else had a seat and watched the show.

I had a good time but can honestly say it wasn't in my top 5 concerts I have ever been to.
Yes I think there were alot of GnR fans there but I also think there were alot of curious onlookers.
Am I still a GnR fan?
Sure
Would I go again, yup. I had a great time.

I know I'll probably get ripped apart on this post but it's how the show came across to me and people I went with.

No ripping here - This pretty much sums up the MSG show for me to a tee - The guitar solos destroyed the show - People just don't wanna hear that shit - Maybe one, but 3?? enough already

I like the solos, don't see why SOME people bitch about them all the time. maybe it's cuz i'm a guitar player but anyway i like em'

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Psychophobia
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 10:15:32 AM »

what is the capacity of arena?

I'm not sure if it would've been exactly that, as I'm not sure how many folks were on the floor, and they had to rope off a couple sections to make room for the stage.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 10:56:25 AM »

A hoy hoy gang, I just woke up from a great show.

I saw the shows in Ontario in 2002 and man has Axl improved, the band too. I have to agree with people that the solos do take away from the show but I did really enjoy Ron's.

He got everybody standing for his rendition of O' Canada, but a lot of people there didn't realize he was playing Don't Cry, or at least the pepole around me didn't. But Ron being the great guy sang the words so people would get it. It was really cool watching ?him from 20 feet front and centre from the stage, and of course the rest of the band.

The crowd erupted both times they broke out the paino, of course they nuts once Axl sat down to play. Ron's solo during that song was insane, the crowd seem to really like Ron.

To watch Axl sing Liquor and Whores was classic. God, I have never seen him smile so much, he was truely enjoying himself. I wish I had the pictures but when I snunk my camera in the batteries fell out without me knowing it. Go figure.

Dizzy's panio solo was The Stones " Angie". It was a great rendition but again with the solos.

I can honestly say that there was alot more interaction within the band. It was first time I ever seen Robin and Ron stand together and play front and centre during the PC outro.

Frank was awesome, the man worked the crowd and was truely enjoying himself.

And I have to say that I was impressed with the sound. Axl's vocals were down during the first couple of songs but ti was corrected as the show progessed. You could here everybody's guitars, something I was afriad of base reviews from previous shows. ?

I only caught the Trews opening act, ?but man I still really like these guys. They changed up their songs a lot, got a great response too.

I still haven't heard why there was no beer being sold? Didn't Axl cancel the Maine gig b/c he couldn't drink on stage hihi No Beer and no t.v makes Axl something something.

They did do the T & A show b/t sets but everytime a girl go to flash they camera people would shut the pitrure off. Not that I really care but it is a Guns N' Roses show. No beer, no flashing, really no beer!

All in all it was a great show. It was great to here Better live, man that song rocks hard. Axl nailed the screaming parts, and the band sounded amazing.

Well I'm off to relax my feet, god I'm still tired. I take it no one got into Bubble's Mansion after. I saw the line outside but I was so tired after that show that my friends and I called it a night. Plus I had to have my brother at the airport at 6 am.

I'm to Edmonton Sunday so I'm going to catch teh show there as well.

Later,

DH

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »

I like the solos, don't see why SOME people bitch about them all the time. maybe it's cuz i'm a guitar player but anyway i like em'

I can appreciate strong solos myself. Really I can - I never had a problem with Slash doing them, and I don't have a problem with them now, but 3 guitar solos is too much - and I can't describe it completely but it fucking sucks the life out of the crowd - at MSG they went to them very early and it was awful
TheSpacePope
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 12:17:46 PM »

Christ what a great show. Only next time it would be nice to keep it to one opening act, by the time Axl and co. got on stage everyone on the floor was pretty much exhausted. Not that people weren't into the songs but the energy level was definitly lagging at times. Would of liked to hear civil war and you're crazy but rocket queen and the amazing performance of madagascar definitly made up for it, not to mention Liquor and whores with the trailer park boys. I don't know many other places where you can get ten thousand poeple singing along to that song together. Also Dizzy's solo had the whole arena awe struck, it really was beautiful what he did on that piano.
Codith
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2006, 12:37:13 PM »

Fucking awesome concert, truely blown away, I can barely speak and or hear anything.  First act was pretty bad, the drummer though kicked ass, if it was just him, and him alone it probably would have been better.  The suicide girls were entertaining, although I think there set went on too long, I mean you pretty know whats comming by the 3rd time they pop back out onto the stage.  The trews were awesome, just liek I told everyone, they always bring a great show.  Of course gnr fucking rocked, un real show, Dizzy's solo was really a highlight, absolutely amazing.  The only piss off was not being allowed to bring in a camera, totally tried to sneak it in 2 times, and they found my secret hiding place, bastards.
daubs
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2006, 12:48:50 PM »

i got my camera in, just a disposable, ill post my pics eventually (Have to get developed ect.)
j redstar
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2006, 01:23:32 PM »

So let me get this straight?  Axl was singing Liquor and Whores with Bubbles?  If that's the case, I NEED to hear an mp3 of this.  Or prey the TPB's come to Winnipeg.
Noticeboy
Headliner

Rock On!

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2006, 01:26:12 PM »

So let me get this straight?? Axl was singing Liquor and Whores with Bubbles?? If that's the case, I NEED to hear an mp3 of this.? Or prey the TPB's come to Winnipeg.

Yup, you got it right!

It's Rock n Roll, Not Brain Surgery!
JonnyG
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2006, 02:32:08 PM »

So let me get this straight?? Axl was singing Liquor and Whores with Bubbles?? If that's the case, I NEED to hear an mp3 of this.? Or prey the TPB's come to Winnipeg.

Ha - like NoticeBoy said, you got it right. It was friggin classic. Some memorable quotes from Bubbles on the night:

"This here's a song we play down at the legion sometimes.... called Liqour and Hoes"

"THAT'S AXL F*CKIN ROSE!!!"

What an unbelievable night for me - a diehard Axl fan for almost 20 years. This was my first, but not my last show.
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2006, 03:56:44 PM »

Madagascar was one of the biggest highlights of the concert everyone i was by loved it
FILTHY
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2006, 04:03:29 PM »

GNR +  Bubbles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVsp9gos3_8
j redstar
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »

Yes! Good stuff.  Being a hardcore Guns and TPB fan, this is the pinnacle of awesomeness. ok
daubs
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »

sweet child from the concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqWqPWR3xFA
Psychophobia
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2006, 05:58:29 PM »

Awesome! This means there's a recording out there somewhere... Funny, it almost looks as if it were filmed from around where I was sitting.
imgrubby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »

that was great. Looks like Axl was having a good time.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »

I hope theres some more videos to come.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Grasshopper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2006, 06:04:33 PM »

Last night was awesome, when the Trailer Park Boys showed up it was awesome, hopefully our American cousins will have the honor of seeing this song played.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2006, 06:04:55 PM »

Ok, It was a good show. Axl is on his game.
All the solos just killed the crowd that were already tired.
Yes they can all play their guitars... no shit, that's why they are part of the band.. but 3 guitar solos at about 10 minutes or more each gets a bit much.
The only people that really stood all night were the people on the floor, everyone else had a seat and watched the show.
And is the soundman Axl's dad or something?
Can't they fire that guy and get someone that knows how to do a vocal mix, I mean c'mon.. people went to hear the songs song by Axl.. you could see his lips move but not much come out. Until the end when he nailed everything.
FIRE THE SOUND MAN!
I had a good time but can honestly say it wasn't in my top 5 concerts I have ever been to.
As for singing along, sure there was a couple songs but for the most part people just watched the show.
Not to compare but when Motley Crue played.. nobody sat down and everyone sang ALL NIGHT.
Yes I think there were alot of GnR fans there but I also think there were alot of curious onlookers.
Am I still a GnR fan?
Sure
Would I go again, yup. I had a great time.

I know I'll probably get ripped apart on this post but it's how the show came across to me and people I went with.

Liquor and Whores was funny and Axl seemed into it.. said they may add it as a staple and pay The TPB's royalties..lol

Oh yeah and no booze on sale at the event was retarded..lol
Die Mannequin = something to find your seat to.
Suicide Girls = Much better looking onstage than off. But I think I have to buy my wife a hoola-hoop.. DAMN!
The Trews = great show, just most of their songs sound the same.

You hit it man. Die Mannequin didn't impress anyone and pretty much got pity applause. The suicide girls were ok I guess but no one stood. The hula hoop bit was awesome. The trews were actually really kickass. I don't really like the studio version of songs but live that sounded raw and great , plus the sound miss was a lot better than die mannequin and later GNR. The vocal sound sucked and I didn't think it was Axl's voice cuzz at the end he started nailing it but at the first and middle of the set it was scratchy and shit. Good and all but not the best ever. NOTHING compared to motley crue. The fans at GNR sat like most of the show , even some people in the standing area , there was less singing along and less energy. I was amazed seeing people either just watch or seeing people sitting. The whole vibe wasn't as positive and high energy and it was harder to get into it. But it was still good and I'd probably do it again.

I hate fanboys.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »

yes!! love it...great vid  beer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: