Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:51:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck responds to Eagles Of Death Metal:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck responds to Eagles Of Death Metal:  (Read 6647 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 10:46:31 AM »

I deleted selected posts that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. They were just the same old people whining about something completely different.

These people seem to think they have the right to turn every thread into attacks on the band. It's their "right" to always take the other side and defend whoever writes shit about the band.

If you have this need to attack the band all the time, go to Metal Sludge or wherever the fuck you came from in the first place.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 11:00:48 AM »

I find it hard to believe that this Hughes character would fabricate a story about band infighting that could be so easily rebuked by all in attendance.
How many fan's account have gone up on NME? None, Hughes can say what he wants to get the publicity regardless how absurd his statement is. What matters to him is that every time for the next month or so that GnR are mentioned, EoDM will more than likely be mentioned also. Can't buy that sort of publicity.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:11:11 AM by slunksoma » Logged
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 11:16:01 AM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=63092

GUNS N' ROSES' manager Merck Mercuriadis has responded to the claims by the EAGLES OF DEATH METAL leader Jesse "The Devil" Hughes that GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson threw down his bass in disgust after Axl Rose went off on the EAGLES after Hughes and Co. opened for GN'R at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena Friday night (Nov. 24). EAGLES OF DEATH METAL took the stage in Cleveland to open the first of what was supposed to be 15 North American dates on the GUNS N' ROSES tour, but exited the trek after just that one performance following an onstage rant by Rose, during which he nicknamed the band "The Pigeons of Shit Metal" before informing his audience that the gig would be the EAGLES' last on the tour.

"When [Rose] called us the 'Pigeons of Shit Metal', Tommy Stinson took his bass off, threw it down and went, 'Fuck you, that's it!' to Axl," Hughes told MTV.com. "And then Axl picked [Stinson's] bass up and threw it at [him]."

Mercuriadis disagreed with Hughes' account. "There is no truth to either claim [that Rose fired a crew member or that Stinson threw down his bass] as evidenced by the fact that our crew remains identical to when the tour started almost six weeks ago, and to say Axl threw a bass at Tommy is pure fiction," he told MTV.com. "The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL were asked to leave the tour not only because GUNS N' ROSES' audience hated them and tore them apart but because they could not handle the response. They were supposed to play a 60-minute set but left the stage after 42 minutes due to the hostile reception. The facts do not support the image they are trying to portray, which is why they are attempting to put this spin on it."

Read more at MTV.com.

I didn't see any of that happen. lol.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Cows N' Roses
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 11:18:45 AM »

Pigeons of shit metal??

rofl

I would have loved to hear that but I don't believe any of this happened.
Their feelings were hurt and they wanna walk away heads high.
Whenever shit happens, Axl's always the black sheep, why should it be any different this time?
I say, get in the line to.. get in the ring.

It don't really matter.
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 11:23:52 AM »

I find it hard to believe that this Hughes character would fabricate a story about band infighting that could be so easily rebuked by all in attendance.
How many fan's account have gone up on NME? None, Hughes can say what he wants to get the publicity regardless how absurd his statement is. What matters to him is that every time for the next month or so that GnR are mentioned, EoDM will more than likely be mentioned also. Can't buy that sort of publicity.
that dave grohl was mentioned in the article is pertinent since nirvana got half their cred ripping on axl. axl's defenseless against these attacks. when he fights them he's called unhinged and when doesn't fight back people heap it on. part of the problem is the people attacking him are the same people who attack jack white or other rock types who go against the norm. the media and people like dave grohl play to the masses and the mediocre types who get freaked out by the slightest hint of someone doing something they can construe as odd. there's a long line of folks like axl from james joyce to orson welles who did things differently and took the heat for it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »

If you have this need to attack the band all the time, go to Metal Sludge or wherever the fuck you came from in the first place.

Or go back to their fav eodm board.  yes
Gosh aren't they Magpies of crap?

While booing at supporting acts is nothing cool,
making up a bunch of crap out of revenge is worse.

It's not even whether you believe merick or not. It's too obvious that the EODM person is full of shit.
There're so many eye witnesses in here and other fan forums that disproved him before he made his claims.

The facts are
1) No report said EODM 1 the crowd.
2) No one at the show saw the alleged stage fight but EODM.

Like making a paradise city out of few claps, they like to make mountains out of molehills with all kinds of frills and embellishments, it seems. Or are they having hallucination?

And more,
The Eagles of Death Metal feud has also been reported by www.rollingstone.com
It seems that Bach was involved...

Sounds like the magpies were hell rude to other performers.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 12:21:43 PM by ppbebe » Logged
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 12:15:33 PM »

I was on the floor about 5 rows back.  Axl called them the pigeons of shit metal, that's true but none of that shit with Tommy happened.
Edward Rose
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 01:02:10 PM »

Every media source that published that band's story owes GNR an apology for printing crap that could have been easily researched with the media coverage that was at that show.  Merck you should have slammed the media along with that band.  Someone needs to start the fight with the media on this type of shit, might as well be GNR.

I've been trying to tell you guys the media is evil.  hihi

On a different note; Am I the only one wondering what Merck is talking about concerning a fired crew member? That wasn't in the EODM lying article yesterday... unless it steamrolled on the internet and more lies got added to it.

And my point yesterday in the deleted thread was, "If this is true, why didn't EODM report this (Tommy) BEFORE their little play on words statement?" The logic was as simple as that.  ok
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:05:01 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »

Every media source that published that band's story owes GNR an apology for printing crap that could have been easily researched with the media coverage that was at that show.? Merck you should have slammed the media along with that band.? Someone needs to start the fight with the media on this type of shit, might as well be GNR.

I've been trying to tell you guys the media is evil.? hihi

On a different note; Am I the only one wondering what Merck is talking about concerning a fired crew member? That wasn't in the EODM lying article yesterday... unless it steamrolled on the internet and more lies got added to it.

And my point yesterday in the deleted thread was, "If this is true, why didn't EODM report this (Tommy) BEFORE their little play on words statement?" The logic was as simple as that.? ok

It was in one of the articles I read where the EODM were claiming Axl lashed out at them because he was in a bad mood and was lashing out at the crew as well.? That is what Merck is responding to.? What BS, I am so sick of these Pigeons riding off this for publicity.
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »

that dave grohl was mentioned in the article is pertinent since nirvana got half their cred ripping on axl. axl's defenseless against these attacks. when he fights them he's called unhinged and when doesn't fight back people heap it on. part of the problem is the people attacking him are the same people who attack jack white or other rock types who go against the norm. the media and people like dave grohl play to the masses and the mediocre types who get freaked out by the slightest hint of someone doing something they can construe as odd. there's a long line of folks like axl from james joyce to orson welles who did things differently and took the heat for it.

I completely agree dude! Axl takes the rap for daring to be different and somewhat interesting, he'll never be a media darling because he doesn't pander to them as other rock stars tend to. Rock n Roll and conformity do NOT go hand in hand IMO!

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 01:14:10 PM »

I deleted selected posts that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. They were just the same old people whining about something completely different.

These people seem to think they have the right to turn every thread into attacks on the band. It's their "right" to always take the other side and defend whoever writes shit about the band.

/jarmo

Seems like some people can't read or don't want to pay attention....

So, stop wondering where the fuck your posts went, and read the above.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Edward Rose
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...
What makes you think this whole incident is good for EODM?
Do you actually believe that they'll get higher sales because of this?!
Who would want to buy any of their albums after Axl had called them Pigeons of Shit metal?!!
They probably want it to end more than GNR does.

I think everyone is missing the culprit here. The only people who benefited from the media LIES was the media. (a certain web site)  hihi
Edward Rose
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 01:24:58 PM »

It was in one of the articles I read where the EODM were claiming Axl lashed out at them because he was in a bad mood and was lashing out at the crew as well.  That is what Merck is responding to.  What BS, I am so sick of these Pigeons riding off this for publicity.

Thanks Bandita. I'm recalling it now.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: