Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:11:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chicago show
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicago show  (Read 22906 times)
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2006, 06:35:03 PM »

Not trying to mislead anyone, just trying to describe the show from my vantage point.  It looked completely packed from where I was sitting.
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2006, 06:38:49 PM »

In the past 4 days I saw GNR in Cleveland, Detroit and Chicago, ?all shows rocked and all started late. ?The only thing that sucks about it starting late is that it is near impossible to stay drunk at a GNR show. ?In chicago I got to the venue at 10:30 and they had already stopped serving, by the time GNR got on stage I was sober and tired. ?All I wanted was to get drunk and rock, is that too much to ask?

Also, on 97.9 the loop today everyone was calling in and saying how shitty GNR was in chicago last night. ?Did I miss something, I thought they were awesome.
Annie
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »

In the past 4 days I saw GNR in Cleveland, Detroit and Chicago, ?all shows rocked and all started late. ?The only thing that sucks about it starting late is that it is near impossible to stay drunk at a GNR show. ?In chicago I got to the venue at 10:30 and they had already stopped serving, by the time GNR got on stage I was sober and tired. ?All I wanted was to get drunk and rock, is that too much to ask?

Also, on 97.9 the loop today everyone was calling in and saying how shitty GNR was in chicago last night. ?Did I miss something, I thought they were awesome.
I agree! That show rocked!!! I had a blast and I never drink alcohol.
pntra420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2006, 06:56:10 PM »

I was at the show last night. ?They sounded great but the crowd sucked. ?I was in the front row, the people around me looked like they needed a gun to shoot themselves. They were barely alive, just hanging with their heads down, not singing, hands in their pockets. ?My friend and I were the only ones singing and the asshole, so-called GNR fnas were getting pissed. ?Were they trying to take a nap? ?Fuckin lame. ?VERY disappointed. ?Lame asses.
pntra420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »

Couldn't drink alcohol on the floor. LAME
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2006, 07:24:25 PM »

Couldn't drink alcohol on the floor. LAME

The only thing you could take on the floor was water. That sucked! I don't drink, but they wouldn't even let me take my pepsi down with me.

The upper section towards the back was pretty scarce looking. I'd estimate that this show was 80-85% sold out, which isn't bad considering there is no new album, and all that stuff.

I noticed Axl's voice was a little raspier( nothing too serious though) towards the last few songs, but man i'll give the guy props. I've had a couple serious bouts of strep throat, one of which nearly landed me in the hospital, so I don't know how he pulled it off. I'd have never guessed he was sick.

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2006, 07:36:51 PM »

Folks, you gotta plan ahead and bring a "fun bag!" ok
pntra420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2006, 08:00:50 PM »

A fun bag with a flask, and a blanket for the people who need a nap.  The Allstate Arena can lick my ass.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2006, 08:53:31 PM »

You know, my wife put it best about the show, she is MUCH less biased than me, so its not all G N R love from her..

She pointed out, as someone who has theatre experience, that the show was basically scripted.  It wasn't spontaneous and everyone in the band knows exactly whats coming. 

Now i have to point out this clearly wasn't the case in 92 when they played this same venue, that show was unpredictable, not pre-determined and was deadly good.  This one was good, but not in the same league as that.  And its not a slight on Axl or the other band  members, its more of how the show is packaged.  More "brand than band" is a good way to put it...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2006, 09:00:53 PM »

She pointed out, as someone who has theatre experience, that the show was basically scripted.  It wasn't spontaneous and everyone in the band knows exactly whats coming.

I saw multiple shows and can tell you that it's not like that.

They know what's coming because Axl or Tommy tells the rest of the guys what song is next. They have ways to communicate between each other. So if Tommy says "let's do Used To Love Her", the rest of the band will know what's coming.

They switch around songs and add songs. You can't script that in advance.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2006, 09:04:30 PM »

She pointed out, as someone who has theatre experience, that the show was basically scripted.? It wasn't spontaneous and everyone in the band knows exactly whats coming.

I saw multiple shows and can tell you that it's not like that.

They know what's coming because Axl or Tommy tells the rest of the guys what song is next. They have ways to communicate between each other. So if Tommy says "let's do Used To Love Her", the rest of the band will know what's coming.

They switch around songs and add songs. You can't script that in advance.

/jarmo

you are talking about 1 or 2, 3 songs at the most...90% of the show IS scripted, it has to be, lighting, pyro, and video is in place.? if you recall the UYI tour, there was no pyro, no video images...thus the big difference and limitations.  Not saying its good or bad really, it is what it is..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 09:07:43 PM by brock » Logged
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2006, 09:19:51 PM »

i was at yesterdays show it was great!!!!!!!!!!!  Sebashtian was  bad he sucked!!!! Axl was awsome we left after nightrain it was so late  i noticed people started leaving at 1230  that was weirdI enjoyed BETTER  and IRS I'M GLAD axl wasnt a jerk he put on one hell of a show!!!!!!He should of put the album out 1st because the people didnt no the new song but i did  lol i hope the album comes out ASAP!!!!!! I hope axl feels beter
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2006, 09:25:19 PM »

They don't use pyro in every song.

Same with the video footage.

They had lights and some pyro in the 90s too.

1-3 songs?

Rocket Queen, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, Down On The Farm, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and IRS are all optional songs they play.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »

1-3 songs?

Rocket Queen, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, Down On The Farm, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and IRS are all optional songs they play.

/jarmo

Thou dost protest too much...
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2006, 09:37:04 PM »

It is almost the same exact set list and order since New York.  Sure one or 2 songs may be added and are optional.  But they do script the show.  There is no shame in that, they have a job to do.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2006, 09:40:20 PM »

1-3 songs?

/jarmo

In the 90's there was no pyro except for maybe Paradise City and I don't even think there was for that.  It was all mood lighting.  Not the extravagant lights they have now.  Let's not kid here!  I have been a fan of the band since the beginning.  The show is much more polished now, and it should be for $65-$90 a ticket!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »

I think they had pyro on Live And Let Die.

They're a lot tighter now than they were in Europe back in the summer.

/jarmo

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2006, 09:58:07 PM »

I think they had pyro on Live And Let Die.

They're a lot tighter now than they were in Europe back in the summer.

/jarmo

Pretty sure it was just strobe lighting on LALD.  There is no doubt that they are tighter, at least from the first 2 nights in NY that I seen.  But it is still a package setlist and order.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2006, 10:08:39 PM »

again....

if 5 or 6 people around you look like they are being forced to be there, they may not be loud cheerleader type anyways...

from section 116 across from the stage, I could see nearly the whole crowd, and it was JACKED like I said

Not Lame at all
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

1-3 songs?

/jarmo

Umm, it is not quite that spontaneous.

On the US Leg, we have seen the following choices

1. Madagascar and /or Chinese Democracy
2. IRS is there nearly every show.
3. One of the following Rocket Queen, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, Down On The Farm appears very sporadically. They do not use this option consistantly.

So basically, we get No. 2 nearly every night and a choice with No. 1.  On the rare instance, they pull out no. 3.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 10:25:26 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: