Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  3 famous riots ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 famous riots ???  (Read 8314 times)
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »

on the above photos - are the seats on the floor (GA) ripped from the surrounding seats and thrown down - or were there seats on the floor that got ripped up and trashed there?? just curious.... amazing that no-one got seriously injured (at least i hope they didnt, I cant remember that they did)

Haha, good find on the pics. I was right by the soundboard seated at about the left of the 3rd pic. They were "fold-up' seats. Like you'd see in a gymnasium. Essentially there were about 30 or 40 guys standing around, just throwing them at the soundboard talking, laughing, joking around. I wasn't one of them ( Roll Eyes Lips Sealed ) just there. Anyway, it wasn't "dangerous" as the floor cleared out for the most part. I read in the paper there was some damage to the actual arena's seats, but that's not primarily what you're seeing in the pictures. Yeah, the cops were outside in riot gear, which was cool to see, but they were more in prevention mode, we walked right by them & I remember patting one on the shoulder and said... welll I probably shouldn't repeat what I said being that this is a GnR fansite Lips Sealed.

Overall, although I wasn't at Vancouver, I'd have to say that was probably worse (fires?!!) as Philly really wasn't that bad.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:00:35 PM by pasnow » Logged
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 12:14:36 PM »

cheers for the reply dude.  Someone next to me was predicting a riot and how he wanted to get right into it when we were waiting at Docklands, london 02 gig for gnR to start.  I dont remember them starting very late though, def before 10pm.  wanker. (as in the c*** who wanted to start the riot - what a total nob-end).
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 12:59:01 PM »

it took to the streets with cops, guns, billyclubs, dogs and barricades in vancouver....i was right there dudes...musta been 50 cop cars show up. Apparently a million bucks damage to the outside of the building. the building is nestled between two elevated freeways and people were on the freeways throwing traffic signs down below to where we were...it was quite the scene man...

What caused the riots

uhh...are you new? Axl freaking? Rose caused the riot.

no his shit head fans caused the riot.

i'm allowed to say it, i was one of them in philly... but we totally were at fault, we're the ones that fucked up the soundboard and broke all the chairs and fought each other (and i think caused a few fires).

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 01:01:19 PM »

fucked up the soundboard

who cares if the soundboard broke?? ?

not me.? ?
BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 01:05:29 PM »

no no the point is WE were the guilty ones, not axl.

i mean yeah it was weak as hell not showing up for your own concert and we had every goddamn right to be pissed, but we definetly did everything.

riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 03:44:30 PM »

it took to the streets with cops, guns, billyclubs, dogs and barricades in vancouver....i was right there dudes...musta been 50 cop cars show up. Apparently a million bucks damage to the outside of the building. the building is nestled between two elevated freeways and people were on the freeways throwing traffic signs down below to where we were...it was quite the scene man...

What caused the riots

i'm allowed to say it, i was one of them in philly... but we totally were at fault, we're the ones that fucked up the soundboard and broke all the chairs and fought each other (and i think caused a few fires).

Axl shows, no riot. he caused it, plain and simple. For vancouver, is it not reasonable to expect him to BE IN THE COUNTRY when the show is scheduled to start? he can blame the venue, the promoter, the security, the fans, whomever....bottom line: he shows up, there's no riot. he caused the riot in St Louis, Philly and was the cause of it in Montreal, tho he can somehwat be given the benefit of the doubt there.
BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 04:57:22 PM »

What caused the riots

Axl shows, no riot. he caused it, plain and simple. For vancouver, is it not reasonable to expect him to BE IN THE COUNTRY when the show is scheduled to start? he can blame the venue, the promoter, the security, the fans, whomever....bottom line: he shows up, there's no riot. he caused the riot in St Louis, Philly and was the cause of it in Montreal, tho he can somehwat be given the benefit of the doubt there.

no axl doesn't show up and every gets pissed and vocalizes how much they hate him or whatever.

it's fans who made the conscious choice to deal with their anger by ripping apart chairs and smashing the soundboard, rather than in a responsible way.

Axl caused people to be disappointed and pissed, but it's the fans that took their anger and went apeshit.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »

Riots: St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver, Philadelphia, and Bogota.

"1992 Colombian authorities banned huge rock concerts following a riot after a Guns n' Roses show in Bogota. Twenty people were hurt after about 1,500 people, most of whom could not get tickets for the concert, fought police, smashed cars and looted stores."
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 12:04:23 AM »

I would say in this order,

Montreal
St. Louis
Philadelphia

Sucks that they had to happen. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 01:28:44 AM »

I was under the impression that the Vancouver venue suffered more material damage than the one in Philly.

Not to undermine the Philly incident (hate it when that happens), was just curious.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 02:24:57 AM »

Surely i'm not the only one that would make off with as much stuff as possible from the arena, right?

hihi

Fucked up and out of place
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 03:11:06 AM »

"1992 Colombian authorities banned huge rock concerts following a riot after a Guns n' Roses show in Bogota. Twenty people were hurt after about 1,500 people, most of whom could not get tickets for the concert, fought police, smashed cars and looted stores."

Sorry to break it to ya,but Bogota doesn't count. That show went on and those people acted out as a result afterward. It'd be different if Axl didn't show but,he did and those folks got shut out. The following riots were because NO show (or not much of one) happened. It's really 4 famous riots.

? GN'R Riots to date so far:

? ? ? ?St. Louis - 1991

? ? ? ?Montreal - 1992

? ? ? ?Vancouver - 2002

? ? ? ?Philly - 2002

Personally,I was amazed in 2002 when Vancouver and Philly happened.? No other band EVER is capable of having fans who are...um..."passionate" enough to want to destroy everything in sight,due to a no-show,especially when no album had been released (and still isn't,natch) and they hadn't toured in several years.?

That's loyalty brother.?yes? Misguided loyalty,maybe.....but,it's loyalty nonetheless. No other band can incite a fanbase to be SO fuckin' disappointed in a no-show that you wanna take it out on anything or anyone in sight including a cop with mace and a baton. Ya don't get that kind of following from?U2 fans!? hihi

Btw,go to Yahoo search and type in "cancel show" and Gn'R is 2nd.

? ? MATT

riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 03:47:11 AM »

What caused the riots

no axl doesn't show up and every gets pissed and vocalizes how much they hate him or whatever.

it's fans who made the conscious choice to deal with their anger by ripping apart chairs and smashing the soundboard, rather than in a responsible way.

Axl caused people to be disappointed and pissed, but it's the fans that took their anger and went apeshit.

as fans of a guy who has repeatedly done that, we have no other recourse but to bring shit on him in one way or another...what are we gonna do? call in to the radio and bitch? ooh, get angry on the internetz? the only way he gets any message, and he didn't seem to pick up on it, is to cause shit and have the repercussions, whatever they may be, fall on him. i didn't do anything in the vancouver riot, but i paid 300 bucks to get out there and don't get that back, so what other recourse do i, or others in the same situation, have? so what if the building gets wrecked? they have insurance, but if Axl's chances at other tours get fucked up, causing him to, god forbid, have some respect for his fans, then it's worth whatever happened.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »

I was under the impression that the Vancouver venue suffered more material damage than the one in Philly.

Not to undermine the Philly incident (hate it when that happens), was just curious.

No because they never let anyone inside in Vancouver. They found out Axl was late and locked the doors. The venue only suffered minor damage - some broken windows and such.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 03:39:34 PM »

Sorry to break it to ya,but Bogota doesn't count. That show went on and those people acted out as a result afterward. It'd be different if Axl didn't show but,he did and those folks got shut out. The following riots were because NO show (or not much of one) happened. It's really 4 famous riots.

if you read the fourth post the guy wanted to know which riots slash was talking about when he said his amps had survived 3 riots.

so philly and vancouver wouldn't be riots slash's amps survived would they.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 03:43:05 PM »

No because they never let anyone inside in Vancouver. They found out Axl was late and locked the doors. The venue only suffered minor damage - some broken windows and such.

vancouver made philly look like a walk in the park Vancouver was fucking crazy i was there and it was a fucking crazy situation, philly was pretty much "lets pile up these fold up chairs on the sound board" BIG DEAL the only reason that philly is even talked about is because guns did not tour after that and thats it.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 04:14:02 PM »

vancouver made philly look like a walk in the park Vancouver was fucking crazy i was there and it was a fucking crazy situation, philly was pretty much "lets pile up these fold up chairs on the sound board" BIG DEAL the only reason that philly is even talked about is because guns did not tour after that and thats it.

dude philly was way worse than that, i was there... people were fucking everything up.

BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 04:23:46 PM »

What caused the riots

as fans of a guy who has repeatedly done that, we have no other recourse but to bring shit on him in one way or another...what are we gonna do? call in to the radio and bitch? ooh, get angry on the internetz? the only way he gets any message, and he didn't seem to pick up on it, is to cause shit and have the repercussions, whatever they may be, fall on him. i didn't do anything in the vancouver riot, but i paid 300 bucks to get out there and don't get that back, so what other recourse do i, or others in the same situation, have? so what if the building gets wrecked? they have insurance, but if Axl's chances at other tours get fucked up, causing him to, god forbid, have some respect for his fans, then it's worth whatever happened.

oh dude i agree get pissed and smash shit, hell i did in philly.  But it was your conscience decision to fuck up the venue (or city streets) like it was mine.  Axl deserves any anger sent towards him, but axl is the cause of the fan's disappointment.  Drunk and angry fans are the cause of the damage.  He cancelled last minute in Maine, which wasn't exactly the same as vancouver but it's damn near the same and those guys didn't riot, but they sure as hell were pissed and were all over the news.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 04:47:09 PM »

GN'R Riots to date so far:

St. Louis - 1991

Montreal - 1992

Vancouver - 2002

Philly - 2002

Personally,I was amazed in 2002 when Vancouver and Philly happened.  No other band EVER is capable of having fans who are...um..."passionate" enough to want to destroy everything in sight,due to a no-show,especially when no album had been released (and still isn't,natch) and they hadn't toured in several years. 

That's loyalty brother. yes  Misguided loyalty,maybe.....but,it's loyalty nonetheless. No other band can incite a fanbase to be SO fuckin' disappointed in a no-show that you wanna take it out on anything or anyone in sight including a cop with mace and a baton. Ya don't get that kind of following from U2 fans!  hihi

Btw,go to Yahoo search and type in "cancel show" and Gn'R is 2nd.

MATT

You're not breaking anything to me. A riot is a riot. I wasn't commenting on the reason for it, just stating that it was another riot at a GNR show. Doesn't matter that the show went on.

GNR Riots: Montreal, Vancouver, Philly, St. Louis, Bogota. The reasons for them don't matter. And it has nothing to do with "passionate" fans. The fans in Vancouver, and you can quote me on this, were fuckheads who rioted because the band has a history of riots and they thought it would be "cool" to fuck shit up when the show was cancelled. It wasn't a case of the show already being started, like St. Louis, Montreal, or Philly, or even Bogota where people couldn't get tickets - Vancouver was a case of a) moron venue manager refusing to let the show run late (lol, go look at how late shows are going THIS tour. Axl still would have been offstage at 2am in 2002 had the venue manager not shut things down) and b) idiot fans following the "rioting tradition."
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 05:20:29 PM »

Dude that's ridiculous. I'm sorry, but trying to get a message to axl rose is NOT a good reason for a riot. A cancelled concert, is NOT a good reason for a riot. If you feel disrespected by the guy then fine, don't support him - but wanting to fuck up his future chances at touring - what kind of sick fan feelings are that?
I understand anger and i understand acting on it - but because a rock band hasn't showed to their concert?
Trust me, most people reading the news just figure a bunch of drunken idiots got sweapt up in mass mentality and got out of control. Nobody respects it, and Axl doesn't say "damn, they rioted because of me! i really should respect these guys more."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: