Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:35:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  3 famous riots ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 famous riots ???  (Read 8318 times)
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2006, 07:44:39 PM »

Personally,I was amazed in 2002 when Vancouver and Philly happened.? No other band EVER is capable of having fans who are...um..."passionate" enough to want to destroy everything in sight,due to a no-show,especially when no album had been released (and still isn't,natch) and they hadn't toured in several years.?

That's loyalty brother.?yes? Misguided loyalty,maybe.....but,it's loyalty nonetheless. No other band can incite a fanbase to be SO fuckin' disappointed in a no-show that you wanna take it out on anything or anyone in sight including a cop with mace and a baton. Ya don't get that kind of following from?U2 fans!? hihi

Btw,go to Yahoo search and type in "cancel show" and Gn'R is 2nd.

? ? MATT

you dont know much about philly then when it comes to them and their craziness towards any sports team or group
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2006, 09:17:27 PM »

Personally,I was amazed in 2002 when Vancouver and Philly happened.? No other band EVER is capable of having fans who are...um..."passionate" enough to want to destroy everything in sight,due to a no-show,especially when no album had been released (and still isn't,natch) and they hadn't toured in several years.?

That's loyalty brother.?yes? Misguided loyalty,maybe.....but,it's loyalty nonetheless. No other band can incite a fanbase to be SO fuckin' disappointed in a no-show that you wanna take it out on anything or anyone in sight including a cop with mace and a baton. Ya don't get that kind of following from?U2 fans!? hihi

Btw,go to Yahoo search and type in "cancel show" and Gn'R is 2nd.

? ? MATT

you dont know much about philly then when it comes to them and their craziness towards any sports team or group
No because they never let anyone inside in Vancouver. They found out Axl was late and locked the doors. The venue only suffered minor damage - some broken windows and such.

vancouver made philly look like a walk in the park Vancouver was fucking crazy i was there and it was a fucking crazy situation, philly was pretty much "lets pile up these fold up chairs on the sound board" BIG DEAL the only reason that philly is even talked about is because guns did not tour after that and thats it.

Really?!? I don't know much about Philly's craziness?!? I'm only fuckin' FROM here,dumbass. I am that guy from the 700 level. Don't tell me shit. I know we're fuckin' crazy and I'm proud of it. I'm well aware of Philly's reputation and I've helped add to it over the years.
My post was referring to GUNS fans (as you'll notice I mentioned Vancouver in the same sentence!) overall,NOT about Philly as a whole. I was amazed when the riot was occurring,(ya don't see that everyday)but,I didn't say I didn't see it coming. There's a difference. The loyalty was about GN'R fans who can get riled up enough to do that. Add Philly to that recipe and..bingo! Shit went down.

And to that douche who said it was no "big deal",you obviously weren't there. The chairs around the soundboard were after the fact. The board was destroyed by that point and they gathered the rest of them there later. Ever see a chair come flying from the 3rd tier all the way to the stage in the Wacho Center?!? And not the folding kind,I'm talking about seats TORN the fuck OUT of the floor. How about seeing one of those concrete trashcans outside thrown through someone's windshield?!? Maybe you experience that all the time...I dunno.
Or the fact that the female workers in the bldg. were brought out first because rape had been threatened. Now,no one is condoning that but,Philly wasn't a fuckin' "walk in the park" and it could've been a whole lot worse than what it was. I think it probably would've if they hadn't cut off beer sales early on.
The Wacho Center/Comcast tried to downplay what happened,not for Guns' sake,but because they felt embarrassed and had to calm people's concerns/fears that the place wasn't gonna be ready for a Sixers game the next day. They literally said that "everyone left in an orderly fashion and only a few chairs had got ruined". Fuckin' puhlease.

And "kyrie",Bogota don't count. No matter how much you want it to. And I don't think Vancouver fans rioted because the thought it was "cool." The were pissed off beyond words 'cause Axl canceled on them 10 years earlier...so they felt robbed again of seeing an awesome show. They chose to vent that feeling on the venue. I'm pretty sure they weren't thinking "Ya know,it'd be kinda cool to start a riot like in other cities." They went nuts 'cause they were so close,and they were disappointed yet again. End of story.

? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? MATT
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:19:28 PM by MATT A REAL FAN » Logged
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2006, 01:28:53 AM »

And "kyrie",Bogota don't count. No matter how much you want it to. And I don't think Vancouver fans rioted because the thought it was "cool." The were pissed off beyond words 'cause Axl canceled on them 10 years earlier...so they felt robbed again of seeing an awesome show. They chose to vent that feeling on the venue. I'm pretty sure they weren't thinking "Ya know,it'd be kinda cool to start a riot like in other cities." They went nuts 'cause they were so close,and they were disappointed yet again. End of story.

MATT

Wrong. On both counts. First, the reason for the riot does not matter. It's still a GNR riot. For proof, go look on Google news. That riot bit turned up yesterday in papers because it was the anniversary of the riot. So the press and general public clearly count it. The fact that you don't because they still went and played is pretty meaningless. It still happened.

People rush the stage at a Who concert - well the band didn't cause that, but they still get saddled with it. Same goes here.

See, what you don't get is that from the outside, people just see the name GNR and think riot. That's exactly what happened in Vancouver. It would happen anywhere. I've heard so many people (most half drunk) at GNR shows - of which I've been to 4 - saying "If they don't show, I'm fucking shit up."

Bands cancel shows all the time. Some just as last minute. But it's just one band where a certain sub-section of people - generally the drunken mullet types who bitch and moan about Axl's behavior on Metal Sludge - fuck things up.

In Vancouver, the doors hadn't even opened. There's no excuse.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: