Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:23:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Milwaukee concert cancelled [press release] - refund info added
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Milwaukee concert cancelled [press release] - refund info added  (Read 17596 times)
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2006, 02:32:29 PM »

I feel sorry for the fans that were going to attend this show,the cancellation sucks. But if Axl hadn?t followed the doctor?s advice it could be worse. He better be healthy and give the best of him than being ill,make a mediocre show and put his health in danger.

I hope he recovers and that everything goes well love

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2006, 02:36:50 PM »

Strep is a legit reason to pull the plug on any concert and travel. The only criticism anyone could have is that perhaps Axl, at 44, should cutback on some of the late nights and wild partying... that shit will wear your defenses down eventually... I don't care who you are. The tight scheduling of many of the shows (in many cases a mere 24-48 hours) and the onset of winter in North America don't help things either...

Anyway, get some rest and feel better Axl. Hit up Milwaukee on the next tour. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2006, 04:08:52 PM »

for the love of God....i assume he's legitimately sick...but so help me, if he can't be in calgary next wednesday, after already having been through the vancouver riot and cancellation......
Loco_motive
Opening Act

Wreckage Of Twisted Dreams

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2006, 04:35:49 PM »

Just called tickets.com at 800-352-0212 as directed from a generic e-mail response to a form I filled out on their website.? I spoke with a rep named Justin, and he had no indication that the show had been cancelled.? That didn't surprise me very much.?

What did surprise me is the fact after he realized that the show was truly cancelled, I was informed that tickets.com has "not yet been instructed by the scheduler (promoter?) of the performance about how to process refunds for the show."? Well, how about a credit back to the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets?? Makes sense to me.

I also realize now that I will have to eat roughly $100 in convenience charges & service fees (had 8 tickets) because tickets.com only refunds the FACE VALUE of the the tickets in the event of a cancellation.? I looked up ticketmaster's policy, and surprisingly enough, they refund EVERYTHING.?

[i]Jarmo, perhaps this little tidbit of info can be passed along to GNR management in the event that they offer a "fan club" presale in the future.? When something like this cancellation happens, the fan club (and I use that term loosely) members lose a lot of money.[/i]

Look, I'm really upset about the cancellation, and I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole here, but I just foresee a big problem with getting a refund through tickets.com.

5/24/91 - East Troy, WI (1st UYI tour show)
11/18/02 - Chicago
VR 1/25/08 - Milwaukee
Slash 9/5/10 - Milwaukee
2/19/12 - Chicago
7/1/16 - Chicago
8/2/17 - Denver
11/7/17 - Milwaukee
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2006, 04:39:26 PM »

well it was just cancalled... tickets.com did sell tickets before GN'R and will sell tickets after this... so relax and give them time to sort it out. and I am pretty sure ticketmaster would "eat" some money too...
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »

I also called tickets.com earlier today and the chick that answered first told me to call the Bradley Center but then recanted and gave me the same spiel about GNR Managment needs to direct tickets.com officially regarding refunds.   It's obviously scripted.  It would be nice to get the refunds back before I have to pay for bill for the Reno, NV tickets I just bought..
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2006, 04:54:50 PM »

Just called tickets.com at 800-352-0212 as directed from a generic e-mail response to a form I filled out on their website.? I spoke with a rep named Justin, and he had no indication that the show had been cancelled.? That didn't surprise me very much.?

What did surprise me is the fact after he realized that the show was truly cancelled, I was informed that tickets.com has "not yet been instructed by the scheduler (promoter?) of the performance about how to process refunds for the show."? Well, how about a credit back to the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets?? Makes sense to me.

I also realize now that I will have to eat roughly $100 in convenience charges & service fees (had 8 tickets) because tickets.com only refunds the FACE VALUE of the the tickets in the event of a cancellation.? I looked up ticketmaster's policy, and surprisingly enough, they refund EVERYTHING.?

[i]Jarmo, perhaps this little tidbit of info can be passed along to GNR management in the event that they offer a "fan club" presale in the future.? When something like this cancellation happens, the fan club (and I use that term loosely) members lose a lot of money.[/i]

Look, I'm really upset about the cancellation, and I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole here, but I just foresee a big problem with getting a refund through tickets.com.

That's unfair.   You shouldn't be out like that for something totally beyond your control. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ben9785
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »

I'm sorry for all the fans who missed out. I hope you guys don't have too many problems with refunds.

I've just read one or two posts in this thread particular;
Now we understand frustration with unexplained cancellations in the past, the lack of album, late show times etc etc, fair enough, but I really really hope nobody has anybody sort of complaints or issues with Axl this one time; the man is fucking ill, he's sick, he's a human being. And lets leave it there yeah.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2006, 05:00:03 PM »

Give them some time.

I'm sure it'll work out.

And as far as I know, you always end up not getting back the service fees when you get a refund.  Undecided

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pntra420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2006, 05:05:40 PM »

GAY.  That sucks.  Well I hope they are still on for Friday.  If I get cancelled twice, well. I guess I'll take it in the ass like usual.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »

Give them some time.

I'm sure it'll work out.

And as far as I know, you always end up not getting back the service fees when you get a refund. Undecided

/jarmo

your dead right man, if someone is gonna screw you it aint GnR its the promoter or venue.

i didnt get back the service charge when guns cancelled in 02 (glasgow) and when ozzy cancelled (same year i think)

so dontget angry at GnR about refunds guys Smiley ok

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2006, 05:11:37 PM »

? Please visit www.gunsnroses.com for additional dates on the Guns N? Roses Chinese Democracy world tour.

Have they always been calling it a world tour..?

And I hope Axl gets better soon.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »

being sick sucks.

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SWEETNESS !
you gotta just love that axl sick or  healthy.take it easy baby !

the one an only horsey !
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2006, 05:20:27 PM »

No hard feelings for Axl here.   I wouldn't have turned around and bought tickets for another city if there was.   

Incidently, have any heard the Guns N Roses Fans Anonymous thing that's being run on 102.9 now?   Not good for Axl..... or us I guess. 

Aahh, fuck em all.
ben9785
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

No hard feelings for Axl here.   I wouldn't have turned around and bought tickets for another city if there was.   

Incidently, have any heard the Guns N Roses Fans Anonymous thing that's being run on 102.9 now?   Not good for Axl..... or us I guess. 

Aahh, fuck em all.
Exactly, fuck them all =]

And again I'm sorry to everyone who missed out
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »

I'm sorry for everyone who missed out or was inconvenienced as a result of the cancellation.  I also hope Axl is feeling better soon.

That said, it's kind of depressing when the only new changes to the offical website are to announce cancelled dates...
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2006, 05:46:20 PM »

Merck isn't a liar he said that we will hear from GN'R before the end of the year, and we 've heard already.? hihi

haha and get well soon axl and take more days off so you can get alot better
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2006, 05:49:34 PM »

Actually Ticketmaster refunds all fees except what they charged to mail the tickets to you if you chose expedited service and the 1 or 2 dollar fee they get per order.  You do get most of the money back beyond the face value.

That really sucks about tickets.com though!
Dadud
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2006, 05:55:56 PM »

Great, time for plan B, Mineapolis here i come. I just hope someone can give me a ride up there. Its like a 2-3 hour drive there and back from here in Central Wisconsin.
Loco_motive
Opening Act

Wreckage Of Twisted Dreams

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2006, 06:02:42 PM »

Actually Ticketmaster refunds all fees except what they charged to mail the tickets to you if you chose expedited service and the 1 or 2 dollar fee they get per order.? You do get most of the money back beyond the face value.

That really sucks about tickets.com though!

Thank you for being one of the only people around here that understands what I'm getting at here.  In the future, GNR should just fn go thru ticketmaster if they have another "fan club" presale because ticketmaster's refund policies are better for the FANS if the band can't play.   

5/24/91 - East Troy, WI (1st UYI tour show)
11/18/02 - Chicago
VR 1/25/08 - Milwaukee
Slash 9/5/10 - Milwaukee
2/19/12 - Chicago
7/1/16 - Chicago
8/2/17 - Denver
11/7/17 - Milwaukee
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: