Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Milwaukee concert cancelled [press release] - refund info added
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Milwaukee concert cancelled [press release] - refund info added  (Read 17664 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2006, 11:48:28 AM »

There's video available again under that announcement.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2006, 11:50:15 AM »

miluakee still has fonzy-  so stop crying
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2006, 11:55:06 AM »

What's exactly a strep? Sad

Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of strep throat are red, sore throat with white or yellow patches on tonsils, swollen lymph nodes in the neck, fever over 101 Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius), headache, extreme shaking/shivering, and cold sweats. Many patients also have difficulty swallowing and talking. Nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain are more common in children. Cough is infrequent in older patients, but younger children may experience cold-like symptoms including stuffy noses and sneezing similar to many viral infections. The onset of a rash may be a sign of scarlet fever.

Transmission
The illness is caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pyogenes and is spread by direct, close contact with patients via respiratory droplets (cough or sneezing). Casual contact rarely results in transmission. Rarely, contaminated food, especially milk and milk products, can result in outbreaks. Untreated patients are most infectious for 2-3 weeks after onset of infection. The incubation period, the period after exposure and before symptoms show up, is difficult to establish as some people don't become symptomatic. However, it is thought to be about 1 week.

Diagnosis
The throat of the patient is swabbed for culture or for a rapid strep test (5 to 10 min) which can be done in the doctor's office. A rapid test tests for the presence of typical bacterial antigens in the swab, which are detected by specific antibodies provided in the kit. If the rapid test is negative (that is, normal) or inconclusive, a follow-up culture (which takes 24 to 48 hours) may be performed. A negative culture suggests a viral infection, in which case antibiotic treatment should be withheld or discontinued.

In the UK, rapid strep testing is not available to general practitioners and a clinical decision must be made whether to treat while waiting up to 7 days for a swab result to be reported, treat without confirmation from tests, or wait for confirmation. This is criticized for encouraging overuse of antibiotics (see antibiotic resistance).

Treatment
Antibiotic treatment will reduce symptoms slightly, minimize transmission, and reduce the likelihood of complications. Treatment consists of penicillin (orally for 10 days; or a single intramuscular injection of penicillin G). Erythromycin is recommended for penicillin-allergic patients. Second-line antibiotics include amoxicillin, clindamycin, and oral cephalosporins. Although symptoms subside within 4 days even without treatment, it is very important to start treatment within 10 days of onset of symptoms, and to complete the full course of antibiotics to prevent rheumatic fever, a rare but serious complication. Other complications that can occur include an ear infection, sinus infection, or an abscess on the tonsils (peritonsillar abscess).

Penicillins should be avoided for treatment of a sore throat if bacterial (swab) confirmation has not been obtained since it causes a distinctive rash if the true illness proves to be viral. This rash is harmless but alarming. The most common virus responsible for strep like symptoms is glandular fever, better known as mononucleosis. Typically, antibiotics such as clindamycin or clarithromycin will be prescribed if there is any doubt as to whether the infection is bacterial as it does not cause a rash in the presence of a virus.

In addition to taking antibiotics, other ways to relieve strep symptoms include drinking plenty of water, taking nonprescription medications (such as ibuprofen) for throat pain and fever reduction, and getting plenty of rest. Also, gargling with saltwater (1/4 teaspoon of table salt in 8 oz. warm water) can help relieve throat pain.

So says Wikipedia...

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2006, 11:55:56 AM »

but why did he have to cancel milwaukee....... *sob*  Cry
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2006, 11:57:57 AM »

Any word on how to get a refund?  I haven't been able to locate any information.  Thanks for your help!

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
fixintodie
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »

Any word on how to get a refund?  I haven't been able to locate any information.  Thanks for your help!

Just phone the venue, I'm sure they'll sort you out.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2006, 01:02:40 PM »

He was blowing his nose and stuff in Detroit too.......
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »

Sorry to everyone who planned on attending, but like others have said - this can be serious if left untreated. Axl has obviously done the last few shows sick as a dog. He wouldn't have canceled if he didn't absolutely have to.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Annie
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2006, 01:12:58 PM »

Sorry to everyone who planned on attending, but like others have said - this can be serious if left untreated. Axl has obviously done the last few shows sick as a dog. He wouldn't have canceled if he didn't absolutely have to.
Agreed! I am glad that Axl is taking care of himself!!
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2006, 01:18:25 PM »

Get well soon Axl!!! peace

an ear infection is serious, hope he recovers well

MWarfront
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2006, 01:19:25 PM »

Yeah, I noticed at the Detroit show the other day he was really blowing his nose a lot and althout he had his usual amount of energy, I noticed that he might have had a cold or something. That sucks about the Milwaukee show..get well soon Axl!
Edward Rose
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2006, 01:19:30 PM »

It was probably the cold, dry air in Canada that triggered the illness. IMHO anyway,
dulcielyn
Opening Act

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »

OK since Milwaukee's a no-go, I just bought two front row tickets for Reno in January.    And I'll have a seat there which is cool.  Merry Christmas to me!   smoking
dr. moneyshot
Opening Act

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2006, 01:47:26 PM »

ugh, was so looking forward to this show

i've been waiting to see them for almost fifteen years now Sad

oh well, the thought of cancellation was always in the back of my mind due to Axl's track record anyways

get better dooder
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2006, 01:55:07 PM »

Axl, I can fully relate to an ear infection, had a double one myself after I saw you in Lisbon, and before I saw you in Vegas, so truley rest is the cure, get plenty of it.

Sorry to all the Chicago fans, surely the band will come your away again, hang in there, show the band you guys are sad but tuff and that you understand how Axl must be feeling, show Axl "Sympathy" not the "Devil".

Sooo YOU"RE the FUCKER who got axl sick!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2006, 01:57:34 PM »

Aww, ear infections can be horrible and mess up your equilibrium.  I had one years ago and had to spend a few days in a dark room on some really nasty medication.  Between that and the strep I can't even imagine how he has been performing with that.

Sorry for all you guys that got your show cancelled though.

Axl feel better!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2006, 02:10:56 PM »

Aww, ear infections can be horrible and mess up your equilibrium.  I had one years ago and had to spend a few days in a dark room on some really nasty medication.  Between that and the strep I can't even imagine how he has been performing with that.

Sorry for all you guys that got your show cancelled though.

Axl feel better!

I had a really bad case of strep throat my sophomore year of high school. I think I was out for about two weeks straight - and that's WITH plenty of rest. I certainly wouldn't want to go through that again.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2006, 02:14:45 PM »

That's the shits. Hope he feels good soon. Best wishes Axl!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2006, 02:25:07 PM »

So that explains the bad reviews the last couple of shows received. It's impossible to give your best performance if you're sick.

Get well soon Axl!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »

This makes me very angry. From everything thats every happen in the past, this just sounds to unreal. We GNR fans (me not so much NE more) have been treated like crap are hole lives by this man. And now this. Think what the General public will have to say about this. It's cool to be a GNR fan, but when 90% of the Rock N Roll comunity thinks the band you like is a joke, is a little embarrassing. If he cancels any more shows I'm affrade he is doomed along with Chin Dem.

But NEway, Get well soon AXL

The Rolling Stones cancelled a few shows due to illness, does anyone think they are a joke because of this? 

Strep is no joke.  Especially when you are a singer.  Granted they don't remove tonsils like they used to but getting that kind of infection is not fun and can be dangerous, not to mention painful.  The only thing that can be done is medication and rest, the illness has to run it's course.  If Axl doesn't stop and rest now it will only get worse and wind up with MORE cancellations in the future.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: