Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)  (Read 56763 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »

I'm thinking better.

I wish it would be a killer song never played before though.

Agree with you, i would like to hear something we haven't heard before. But I guess it has to be something already heard in the concerts  peace

No man can be my equal
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2006, 02:25:10 PM »

If I remember correctly, Axl referred to it as B-side 5 or six years ago when he talked about IRS...or maybe it was 4 years ago.....anyway, it wasn't a big discussion, just in a matter of fact fashion....Rolling Stone I believe....it could have been elsewhere though.

Its been referred to more recently than that as a CD song, plus theyre playing it at most shows?

I think IRS or Chinese Democracy are the best choices from what we've heard. Better is too complex for a single

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »

Sorry if such a thread exists I searched but couldn't find one, if so merge em.

OK with all this hype and a release of CD within 13 weeks that surely means an announcement regarding a single is only weeks or even days away. Before we find out what it is use this thread to predict what you think it might be and the highest position it will reach in the charts. It doesn't have to be a song we've already heard either.

My guess is Madagascar

Chart position 2

Better

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »

its gona be a song no fucker has heard!!!

think that they r that stupid surely!

maybe the ones we heard already later on...especially the blues its appeals 2 most people!!

ok

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2006, 02:30:27 PM »

If I remember correctly, Axl referred to it as B-side 5 or six years ago when he talked about IRS...or maybe it was 4 years ago.....anyway, it wasn't a big discussion, just in a matter of fact fashion....Rolling Stone I believe....it could have been elsewhere though.

Its been referred to more recently than that as a CD song, plus theyre playing it at most shows?

I think IRS or Chinese Democracy are the best choices from what we've heard. Better is too complex for a single

Bottom line...if the first single is either IRS or Chinese Democracy....I am going to throw up.... a lot....good tracks, but considering the 15 years of nothing, I would think that they would want to release something that punches you in the grill....neither IRS or Chinese Democracy do that.....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2006, 02:30:55 PM »

its gona be a song no fucker has heard!!!

think that they r that stupid surely!

maybe the ones we heard already later on...especially the blues its appeals 2 most people!!

ok

Yeah I think The Blues will be the Second Single.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2006, 02:31:18 PM »

Prostitute or other hard rocker.

Have you even heard Prostitute?

Well anyway, I think Better would be a good single.. b-side Maddy. It would be a radio friendly and also a great piece of the new version of Gn'R.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2006, 02:31:50 PM »

Bottom line...if the first single is either IRS or Chinese Democracy....I am going to throw up.... a lot....good tracks, but considering the 15 years of nothing, I would think that they would want to release something that punches you in the grill....neither IRS or Chinese Democracy do that.....

Maybe not you.
You may have to accept the fact that that's the best they've got.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2006, 02:31:58 PM »

I want it to be Better.. but anything will do for me, it's just that I want GN'R to kick it BIG from the very beginning with the mainstream, show them they are back and Better than ever ok

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2006, 02:33:49 PM »

I really don't think Better is single material either.  It takes far too many twists and turns to be considered commercial enough to put out as a single.  Hardly a radio track, and to get maximum exposure, they're going to need a radio track.  Just hopefully not a ballad.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2006, 02:34:08 PM »

Maybe not you.
You may have to accept the fact that that's the best they've got.

You may be right, but I HIGHLY doubt it....I'll almost guarantee that those two tracks may very well be the weakest....I don't know this for a fact, but I would bet good money on it....

zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »

"this i love" or "the general"

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »

If it is to be something we've already heard then I think 'Better'.

This has the most oompf (as we say in the North of England) and is heavy and catchy. I think 'The Blues' is potentially a good single, but not the first off an album.

Chart position in the UK depends on if Radio 1 and the clubs pick up on it.

If they do, it could go to number one. If they don't, then top ten at least  Cool

Be Aware of Legacy
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2006, 02:57:36 PM »

It's clearly not going to be a song we've heard.

The first single is going to be a rocker, it always has been in the past and it's also obviously the right move in an economic aspect.

That leaves Chinese Democracy, IRS and Better.

It can't be CD. Sure it's a good song, but nothing spectacular. I'm sure Axl knows this aswell.

IRS? Never really gave me the vibe, but it grew after awhile. The live perfomance though could suggest the song has progressed. But a single? It's not effective enough.

Better could be a candidate, but it seems weird to release such a progressive song to such a narrow minded consumer marked.

Besides that, I'm sure Axl has saved the best for last. He's not the guy to expose his jewels before they're ready. I'm sure the first single is going to be something mind blowing that will catch instant interest. I can imagine this song on a emotional level. I already know what the song will be, just not how it will be.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2006, 02:59:01 PM »

Besides that, I'm sure Axl has saved the best for last. He's not the guy to expose his jewels before they're ready. I'm sure the first single is going to be something mind blowing that will catch instant interest. I can imagine this song on a emotional level. I already know what the song will be, just not how it will be.

beer I share your sentiments!

Let's hope it's something fresh and mind-blowing.

Be Aware of Legacy
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2006, 02:59:32 PM »

Be careful with those expectations, there. ?People who build their hopes so highly are often disappointed.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2006, 03:01:04 PM »

It's clearly not going to be a song we've heard.

The first single is going to be a rocker, it always has been in the past and it's also obviously the right move in an economic aspect.

That leaves Chinese Democracy, IRS and Better.

It can't be CD. Sure it's a good song, but nothing spectacular. I'm sure Axl knows this aswell.

IRS? Never really gave me the vibe, but it grew after awhile. The live perfomance though could suggest the song has progressed. But a single? It's not effective enough.

Better could be a candidate, but it seems weird to release such a progressive song to such a narrow minded consumer marked.

This is what I've been saying all along..... ok....with the exception of your "Better" opinion, I agree..

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »

Better is the most sensible choice unless there's a catchier, harder rocking tune we haven't heard yet.

If Prostitute is heavier I'd go with that since the name alone would catch people's attention.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »

Better is the most sensible choice unless there's a catchier, harder rocking tune we haven't heard yet.

There has to be...

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

There has to be...

Hope so!

I like Better a lot but I hope it isn't the hardest song on the whole album.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: