Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)  (Read 57101 times)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2006, 01:03:49 AM »

I hope the single is something we havent heard...

Exactly. I dont know how people make up their minds on what it should. We still have atleast half the album that we haven't heard.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2006, 01:29:19 AM »

I hope the new single is something we haven't heard. I'll be dissapointed if it's not a full on rocker that's in the same league as Jungle, SCOM, PC, or YCBM. I believe in Axl though and i'm confident he has a rocker that's as kick ass as those I just mentioned.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2006, 07:58:21 AM »

from the material we've heard, "better" would be the best choice: it's so damn catchy and melodical, got power, is agressive and also groovy-relaxed (verses) as well as melancholic: typicall axl all in all with a new flavour added; peace

but i'd also prefer something we haven't heard yet for the first single; 2nd single ("catcher"?) should be a ballad and "better" the third single... but please no "irs" as a single

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2006, 11:00:28 AM »

TWAT should not be the first single IMO, my guess is that it will probably be the 2nd or 3rd.
IMO they need a more rocker song to be the first single, right now it seems the first will be Better or IRS, or maybe Chinese Democracy, why not
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2006, 11:01:40 AM »

I think it will be Prostitute

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2006, 11:02:52 AM »

from the material we've heard, "better" would be the best choice: it's so damn catchy and melodical, got power, is agressive and also groovy-relaxed (verses) as well as melancholic: typicall axl all in all with a new flavour added; peace

but i'd also prefer something we haven't heard yet for the first single; 2nd single ("catcher"?) should be a ballad and "better" the third single... but please no "irs" as a single

I want IRS, it's such a cool song, every time I listen to it it gets stuck in my head the whole day. The live version is way better than the demo and I bet the album version will be killer, that song's got potential
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2006, 03:19:48 PM »

IMO TWAT should be the first single. Its mind blowingingly brilliant. Its better than NR and Estranged. It would goto straight to No.1
GNR have gone to a new musical level. "lonely tear drops are calling me" - awsome stuff

#please move/delete if needed#

Yea, right, because Estranged had so much success as a single. no

First single MUST be a rocker or the public will laugh at the nuGuns and turn their back. Better looks good, even IRS could be a good single.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2006, 07:04:16 PM »

Suckerpunched will be the 1st single, the video can mach the debacle between Axl & Tommy Hil! Lol  No but seriously I hope its something we havent heard yet.

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2006, 07:08:07 PM »

I got an idea......Lets worry about the damn album being released before we worry about a single or cover art....I am still not even close to believing the album will be released this fall.........I am waiting for the announcementin early september that the album will be delayed until XMAS.........Then on Xmas the album will be delayed until March, then in March 2007 the album will be delayed until summer 07..etc etc etc......................I will worry about the single when i got the album playing in my stereo
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »

the two professionals who sat infront of me at the concert said Better was a potential hit, so .....

Nothing to say
estranged.1098
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2006, 11:07:06 PM »

Out of the songs we heard so far only Better and IRS have potential to be a radio single, with Better being an obviously better option.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2006, 11:44:33 PM »

I would go as far as saying this is proably the biggest DEAD HORSE topic going right now

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2006, 10:33:26 AM »

Originally, I thought the first single would most definately be a song we haven't heard yet, but listening more and more to the newly re-worked Chinese Democracy, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Axl chose to launch this brand spanking new album, with nothing short of the brand spanking new title track.

Almost all of ya, are insisting the new single, no matter what, should be a kick ass rocker, and Chinese Democracy fills that description down to a stitch ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »

Originally, I thought the first single would most definately be a song we haven't heard yet, but listening more and more to the newly re-worked Chinese Democracy, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Axl chose to launch this brand spanking new album, with nothing short of the brand spanking new title track.

Almost all of ya, are insisting the new single, no matter what, should be a kick ass rocker, and Chinese Democracy fills that description down to a stitch ok

yeah i was thinking this too but then they sometimes omit it from the setlist so it makes me kinda question that logic Undecided

the only two songs they play at every show are the blues and better. so if they were to pick a track we've heard already as the first single i would reason that it would be one of those 2...if it's gonna be a rocker then Better...if a ballad then the blues
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:38:17 AM by Neemo » Logged

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2006, 10:54:21 AM »

yeah i was thinking this too but then they sometimes omit it from the setlist so it makes me kinda question that logic Undecided

the only two songs they play at every show are the blues and better. so if they were to pick a track we've heard already as the first single i would reason that it would be one of those 2...if it's gonna be a rocker then Better...if a ballad then the blues

I think Chinese Democracy is a much more accesible, and straight ahead rock song than say Better, for the casual listening public though...

Better almost seems like flawless radio, friendly music...until the screaming part in the middle Undecided

For example, I played the demo for my 66 year old grandmother the other day, who isn't a rock and roll fan by any stretch of the imagination and she absolutely adored the song, since I had a print out of the lyrics for her to follow along to up until...you guessed it...the screaming part.

Axl has the right direction of the song,? it's just that if he wanted to take it in the radio airplay direction,? the hardcore screaming part that totally shifts the momentum of the song will be a hard pill to swallow for the large age 40+ demographic, whereas with Chinese Democracy...it's edgy and gritty, but as I said, it's much more digestible to the casual ear, while remaining equally as intriguing as say Better Wink

The Blues will also be a future single, there has never been any doubt in my mind about that...just not a first single ok
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:57:15 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2006, 10:57:18 AM »

AMM i totally agree I'm just saying that if CD is gonna be the first single...i think they would play it at every show to get the fans ready to have that song "shoved down their throats" to use an Axl quote from the trunk interview hihi

Jude
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2006, 11:03:11 AM »

Better would be big radio hit, and then maybe TWAT for second single, or some new songs..

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2006, 11:07:23 AM »

AMM i totally agree I'm just saying that if CD is gonna be the first single...i think they would play it at every show to get the fans ready to have that song "shoved down their throats" to use an Axl quote from the trunk interview hihi

I disagree completely man.

I think Chinese Democracy going from the live version we've come to know and love, to a definite masterpiece on the finished album will be all the shoving needed to shove that song, or any other song down our throats... hihi

Sure the song has bite live, but on the album, I think it will exceed just "bite."

Dave said last week he see's it being the first song on the album, and I think he's right.

Remember the 5 second Boston Radio Promo we got in 2002 that may or may not have had studio clips of the Blues, Maddy, and CD on it?

Well listening to the brief clip of CD from that old promo now, the intro has obviously changed since, however if the recording quality has remained up to par, then I think that really could be our first single...it's the one "rocker" we've gotten so far where you're ass is getting kicked literally as soon as you press play ok

Title tracks as first singles can be viewed as "ultra safe" sure, but the more I think about it, this album is going to be such a melting pot of different styles, and littered with so many epics, that a simplistic title track may really be all that's needed to sell the album to the public, hook, line and sinker.. ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2006, 11:23:27 AM »

cool...anyway it'll be interesting stuff for sure to see what does make it for the first single

anyway here are the times they've played each tune live so far in 26 shows this year

Better - 25 (didn't play at the acoustic gig)
The Blues - 25 (didn't play at the first finland show?)
IRS - 20
Madagascar - 17
Chinese Democracy - 14
There Was A Time - 2

i still say if it was gonna be the first single that they'd play it mor than just a measily half the time...but of course it's just my opinion...they are testing the waters IMO see what the fan base wants...if it points to rocker....say hi to better if a ballad get ready for the blues....IF they go for a song that we've heard before..we'll agree to disagree ok

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2006, 11:29:58 AM »

Prostitute will be the 1st single.
Have you turned into a fake insider? hihi
No dude; Silkworms will be the first single. peace
I think Axl already said Silkworms and Riahd won't be on the new album(s)

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: