Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)  (Read 57134 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2006, 08:50:14 AM »

IMO TWAT should be the first single. Its mind blowingingly brilliant. Its better than NR and Estranged. It would goto straight to No.1
GNR have gone to a new musical level. "lonely tear drops are calling me" - awsome stuff

#please move/delete if needed#

this sounds like sarcasm to me

If people wanna use sarcasm, it would be wise to know exactly what the lyrics say...

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2006, 08:52:18 AM »

How can we say what the first single should be, we haven't even heard all of the songs yet. Its kind of pointless and ridiculous to predict a single when we dont even know what the songs sound like, besides the 5 we've heard.
Megaguns
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2006, 06:22:53 AM »

does anyone think that better is the first single with the b side demos of CITR,IRS &TWAT?
It makes sense that it went to the pressing company and was leaked from there. This shit could have leaked years ago otherwise.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2006, 06:23:41 AM »

I would go for IRS. I love it. I think the 1st single should be a rocker.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Megaguns
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2006, 06:26:55 AM »

i hope they hand out promo copies of the first single at the NY gigs. whatever it is.
RichardNixon
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2006, 06:34:29 AM »

If TWAT is the first single, CD is dead on arrival. You dont reintroduce yourselves to the masses with something like that. Better is clearly the best choice so far. Its a catchy little pop song, and is the perfect vehicle to help launch CD into the stratosphere.

Bingo. Better or IRS should be the single!
EccoTides
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2006, 06:37:41 AM »

I have a feeling (not a theory, just a feeling) that the single will be some track we just haven't heard yet, period.  It will have to be something that demonstrates a transition from 'old Guns' to 'new Guns' in the span of 4-5 minutes.  I'm not quite sure how they'll pull that off - but I have full faith in their ability to.

-darknemus

That's my feeling on things. Whatever the single is, it'll need an element of familiarity and surprise in the music - Just as you said, a transitional track that just happens to grab people's interest immediately.

As for the leaks... Better would be the best choice, as it's a perfectly catchy pop/rock tune that has a really aggressive streak. It could crossover very easily between formats, IMO.

Oh, and as for There Was a Time - This song is a masterpiece. Single material, however? Not quite. This is one of those songs that needs to stay on the album, more like a gem to be discovered.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 06:49:56 AM by EccoTides » Logged
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2006, 06:39:34 AM »

out of the leaks, TWAT would make the best comeback single
RichardNixon
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2006, 07:27:17 AM »

They need a rocker as a comeback single. And if it's a balad, it needs to be something not so electronic. TWAT would be a very poor choice as the lead single.
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2006, 07:28:32 AM »

yea id go with a rocker actually, from what insiders have said, prostitute would be a good choice
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2006, 07:34:57 AM »

The first single needs to be something quite snappy, and not an epic like T.W.A.T.. I think it would be best if it were a track we haven't heard yet.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2006, 07:46:51 AM »

Personally, at the moment I'm really into CITR. Especially the 'how a body, took a body' part at the end... Its fucking awesome... But that just my humble opinion. As for a song that could re-position GN'R with the majority of the people, I'd go for Better rather than choose TWAT. Lets wait and see...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2006, 07:47:19 AM »

The first single needs to be something quite snappy, and not an epic like T.W.A.T.. I think it would be best if it were a track we haven't heard yet.

I couldn't agree more... a new fresh single that will blow everyone away. What the GN'R camp don't need is "Joe Casual Listener" saying, "This sounds like some other song" because he heard the leak and hasn't made the connection that it is the same song he heard months ago. The single need to blow people's minds, the video will be even more important. No dolphins, no CG, what we need is what made them famous... Axl.

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2006, 08:22:07 AM »

I also think that the first single to this new axl's band shoul be a rocker track, has to be powerfull and heavy.
But hey guys HOW CAN YOU COMPARE TWAT WITH NR OR ESTRANGED? ARE CRAZY? I WANT YOUR GRASS TO SMOKE MEN!!!!!! hihi rofl smoking rofl hihi
It's a good song but ... I think you should listen NR  or Estranged again
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2006, 08:35:52 AM »

something simple and rocking would be the best, maybe even Better is too complex for the average mtv watchers.
Im thinking IRS would probably be the best choice for a first single, even though I like Better better...no pun intended. Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »

Better hands down.... Would have the best commercial interest imo, and that's what counts on teh radio during a comeback
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2006, 12:15:06 PM »

i think better would be the best first single fo the leaks as it will give a song everyone will like and show the power of new guns which is what is wanted, later on they can release the older style guns songs like TWAT but they need an impact of a first song and i think better would do that best

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2006, 12:30:07 PM »

I think it'll be a brand new song that nobody has ever heard.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Steel_Angel
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2006, 12:35:50 PM »

i heard prostitute was gonna be their next single and they might film the music video in may 15th...? Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 12:49:38 PM by frozen Inferno? » Logged
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »

i heard prostitute was gonna be their next single and they might film the music video in may 15th...  Lips Sealed

why the  Lips Sealed??
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: