Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Single (What should it be + RUMOR)  (Read 57289 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »

Valid point, Christos.  Unless, of course, they began asking that question last Thursday or Friday  hihi

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2006, 09:41:01 AM »

I have a feeling (not a theory, just a feeling) that the single will be some track we just haven't heard yet, period.? It will have to be something that demonstrates a transition from 'old Guns' to 'new Guns' in the span of 4-5 minutes.? I'm not quite sure how they'll pull that off - but I have full faith in their ability to.

-darknemus

Easy...the new single will be Sweet Child from Big Daddy. ?Seriously though, I agree that it'll be something we haven't heard yet. ?It'd make more sense. ?But who knows with the mysterious Axl?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2006, 09:53:33 AM »

Valid point, Christos.  Unless, of course, they began asking that question last Thursday or Friday  hihi

-darknemus

Well, even if they haven't asked that question yet, they will soon...

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2006, 10:39:14 AM »

Whatever the song is, I just hope its full of attitude, big guitars, sick solos, cool transitions, a killer outro and tons of Axl yelling little snippets like "LOOK OUT" or "SHOVE IT" or "HUUUUGHHH" 

I wanna hear this song and fall off my chair.  I want people to hear it on the radio while driving and get into car accidents.  I want to hear old ladies humming it on the subway and little kids writing the lyrics on the trapper keepers and telling their teachers to "FUCK OFF"!!! hahaha

peace

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2006, 12:09:55 PM »

'Better' should definitely be a single. It's such an awesome and beautiful song. I can't stop listening to it.
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

Whatever the song is, I just hope its full of attitude, big guitars, sick solos, cool transitions, a killer outro and tons of Axl yelling little snippets like "LOOK OUT" or "SHOVE IT" or "HUUUUGHHH" 

I wanna hear this song and fall off my chair.  I want people to hear it on the radio while driving and get into car accidents.  I want to hear old ladies humming it on the subway and little kids writing the lyrics on the trapper keepers and telling their teachers to "FUCK OFF"!!! hahaha

peace

Well done!
 beer
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »

I humbly submit that it is no longer necessary to say: "no pun intended" each time someone says "Better is better than... X" or "Better would be a better single than... X". confused

Better would be a better 1st single than TWAT IMHO. TWAT is brilliant but will likely be lost on people that haven't been following the Axl Rose saga as closely as we have the last 13 years... it's too complex and paints with too broad a brush... he needs a "catchy" (not even necessarily a rocker) radio friendly hit right out of the gate that will be in heavy rotation. That's the kind of thing that will get the media on the bandwagon... THEN he'll have the chance to showcase his longer masterpieces.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 12:39:14 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jasran
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »

I don't think any of these tracks will be the first single. If any of the newly leaked stuff...I think it would be 'Better'. You guys forget that these are only 3 tracks off the cd.. and there all pretty damn good...so who knows what else is on there.. There is probably something else. Mind you, I just heard the full version of 'Better' and it doesnt' even sound like a demo.. It sounds pretty damn complete... So maybe...
Z
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

TWAT is too long to be a single.

It does not matter if Better is not the best song on CD.  It will make for a great first single to reach many musical tastes.

You can play that thing is dance clubs.

Close your eyes while listening to Better and picture Axl singing to this song on an awards show.  It will rock the house.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »

TWAT is too long to be a single.

It does not matter if Better is not the best song on CD.  It will make for a great first single to reach many musical tastes.

You can play that thing is dance clubs.

Close your eyes while listening to Better and picture Axl singing to this song on an awards show.  It will rock the house.

I absolutely hate this. It's the Britnification of modern music. Actually it was going on long before her.

It used to be, five minutes was ok for a single. Then it dropped down to four. Now what is it, like 3:30 songs from crappy wannabe punk bands?

It's as if the industry decided they needed short songs to get as much airplay as possible to prop up their artists.

Look where it got them.

November Rain was a LONG song, and it was GNR's biggest single. Tool does all kinds of epic songs, have great popularity, although they aren't really radio-friendly.

Metallica, before they turned to crap/sold out/stabbed all their fans in the back, had really long runtimes...

If the song is strong enough, let it run 5+ mins.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2006, 02:17:41 PM »

^^^ I don't get that either...if a song kicks ass it kicks ass.  I guess radio is thinking if you know a song is 5+ mins and you don't happen to like it, you are going to switch...whereas if you tune in at the middle of a 3:30 song, you might stick around to hear whats next.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2006, 02:23:02 PM »

Um hello? They might and probably will release a different single from the demos...

If they did release a demo that we have now as a single later on, then I would like to hear Better... it's very fresh and borders a nu-metal sound to a rock sound.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2006, 01:43:51 AM »

I think they need to follow the 80's hair band method of releasing a hard hitting rock song and then follow up with a ballad like The Blues.  I think whatever single is released first will be surpassed by The success of The Blues anyways.  I mean lets face it, it is the ballads GNR released over the years that probably made them the most money.  SCOM, Patience and NR are amazing money makers and I think THe Blues will be too.
Mr Brownface
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2006, 01:48:58 AM »

Supposedly the song Prostitute will be the first single.? But I have heard that the song What Danger Lurks In The Hearts of Man will be the first single.? Maybe they are the same song, but renamed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:59:08 AM by Mr Brownface » Logged
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2006, 01:53:59 AM »

Mr Brownface....would you please stop seeking attention?  People who say "my sources" aren't usually treated very well around here. 
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2006, 01:56:38 AM »

But my sources tell me that the song What Danger Lurks In The Hearts of Man will be the first single.

Don't your sources work at the local Subway?

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
McDuff
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2006, 01:58:38 AM »

IMO TWAT should be the first single. Its mind blowingingly brilliant. Its better than NR and Estranged. It would goto straight to No.1
GNR have gone to a new musical level. "lonely tear drops are calling me" - awsome stuff

#please move/delete if needed#

I think Better should be the first single,who know what Axl has in mind,maybe it will be a song we've never even heard of,who knows smoking
Mr Brownface
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2006, 01:59:46 AM »

Exactly.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2006, 02:12:29 AM »

? But I have heard that the song What Danger Lurks In The Hearts of Man will be the first single.
Thats funny. Tell your source to make me a salami sandwich. No way in hell will the first single have such a long name. I'm not going by madison's claim of a single having a one word name. Its just common sense. Movies that are released with long titles dont do very well. Same with a single(there might be a few exceptions). Our society now has short attention spans, a more dumbed down vocabulary, and seeks instant gratification. They will not go around talking about how great a song is they heard on the radio that has a really long song title, and one they likely wouldn't even remember the name of. The first single's title will be simple, short, and to the point.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2006, 02:16:43 AM »

I would lean towards prostitute. It's title sounds like a raw guns n roses rocker.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: