Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  downloading motherfuckers vs non downloading motherfuckers
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: downloading motherfuckers vs non downloading motherfuckers  (Read 4996 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: November 27, 2006, 05:34:51 PM »

OK, something just came to me... Tongue

Axl refered to the people online as some "kid in Iowa"...
and saying that real fans go to see the band live, and have fun, and dont bitch....

I would really like to see how many people other than us "kids from Iowa", actually are the fans of the new band?!
I'd really like to know how many of those "real fans" actually know a single band member other than Axl?!

I'm sorry to say, but us "kids from Iowa" and "downloading motherfuckers" are the actual fans of the new band.
others are fans of the original Guns N'Roses, and/or fans of Axl Rose... but only fans of the current lineup are us!

so they are stuck with us as much as we are stuck with them hihi

just a little constatation of mine...
and I aint bitching... rant

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:47:10 PM »

"Kid in Iowa" is a generalization of those who do nothing but sit online and complain and don't attend shows....

What he was saying is that he plays for the enjoyment of those that are in attendance of that particular show, not the folks who are sitting home dissecting setlists on their computer.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:48:54 PM »

that wasnt my point...

my point was, that the kid in iowa is still a greater fan than most of the people at the shows...
since the kid in iowa at least knows that the band is more than Axl Rose him self.

the "kid in iowa", might be a bitching pain in the ass, but he's still a fan...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »

How is someone who never bothers to see the band live but just complains on the internet a better fan than someone who actually attends the shows?

Axl never referenced this in regard to "downloading motherfuckers" anyway.  They are two separate entities entirely.....
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:55:56 PM »

I know that "kid in iowa"(KII) and "Downloading Mother Fucker"(DMF) are not the same.
but the "KII" is most probably a "DMF",
but a "DMF" doesnt necessarely need to be a "KII"

I doubt anyone online wouldnt want to see/hear the band live...

and still you dont get the point of this thread....

KII is still a fan of the new lineup as for the most of the people that go to arenas, are fans of Axl/OldGNR

gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:00:46 PM »

Yeah I think you missunderstood what he said, he didnt mean anything bad to the people who attends to shows, it was something to the guyes who complaining but dont even attend to the shows and I totaly agree with him.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 06:04:21 PM »

Shouldn't you know better than to post another topic on this Lucky.....?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 06:05:16 PM »

KII=the guy/gal on here complaining they didn't play "Used to Love Her" instead of "Rocket Queen" at some show he wasn't even in attendance of.

DMF=The guy/gal who is playing "Better" and the rest of the new songs available for all his friends so they can hear what GNR sounds like now. ?Then when GNR comes to his/her town he/she gets tickets and rocks out to all the tunes, old and new.

I am a DMF. ?What are you? Wink
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

Yeah I think you missunderstood what he said, he didnt mean anything bad to the people who attends to shows, it was something to the guyes who complaining but dont even attend to the shows and I totaly agree with him.

I know he didnt mean it....
and that's not what I was commenting....
I was saying that no matter how much the "Kid In Iowa" can be irritating, he's still a bigger fan than most of the people in audience...

KII=the guy/gal on here complaining they didn't play "Used to Love Her" instead of "Rocket Queen" at some show he wasn't even in attendance of.

DMF=The guy/gal who is playing "Better" and the rest of the new songs available for all his friends so they can hear what GNR sounds like now.  Then when GNR comes to his/her town he/she gets tickets and rocks out to all the tunes, old and new.

I know that.. confused
but that wasnt the point...
I was saying that KII is still a bigger fan that many of the people in audience...

I am a DMF.  What are you? Wink

I'm a nobody... crying

Shouldn't you know better than to post another topic on this Lucky.....?

there were so many similar threads on the board that I just couldnt make up my mind in which one to post it... crying

ben9785
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 06:11:44 PM »

it's not necessarily about who is the bigger fan and who would or wouldnt come to the shows or whatever..
not everybody can fly across the world to see gnr doing shows.. rather;

the kid from iowa is in reference to fans who complain about the setlist and the shows and claims to be hardcore

the downloading motherfucker is people who download the leaks and hear what they're not necessarily supposed to and obsess over the new album

the downloading motherfucker at least supports the new band through the new music
the kid from iowa is just a pain in the ass
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:13:44 PM by ben114 » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 06:13:12 PM »

For all we know it could really just be some kid in Idaho that Axl has got problems with. hihi

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »

the kid from iowa is in reference to fans who complain about the setlist and the shows

the downloading motherfucker is people who motherfucking download the leaks and hear what they're not necessarily supposed to

the downloading motherfucker at least supports the new band through the new music

for the 8th time in this thread;
the point was...
no matter how much the "Kid In Iowa" can be irritating, he's still a bigger fan than most of the people in audience...

I never asked for a semantics lessions

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 06:15:42 PM »

the kid from iowa is in reference to fans who complain about the setlist and the shows

the downloading motherfucker is people who motherfucking download the leaks and hear what they're not necessarily supposed to

Exactly, thank you..... beer

The DMF is useful and Axl has never negatively referenced it. ?He makes jokes about it but he knows the DMFs are keeping the band alive by supporting the new music and the current incarnation of the band. ?Why else would he introduce songs at the shows by saying "this is for all you DMFs"

ben9785
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 06:16:13 PM »

for the 8th time in this thread;
the point was...
no matter how much the "Kid In Iowa" can be irritating, he's still a bigger fan than most of the people in audience...

sorry bud i didn't mean it in an offensive way
i just mean like, we can all think were hardcore bigger fans, but the biggest gnr fans in the world arent necessarily on this postboard or on other postboards or even on the net.. they truly are the ones going out to the shows and supporting the band, going to multiple dates or whatever

we're just more obsessed rather, it doesnt necessarily make us bigger fans. im sure there are big fans around here though, im just saying its a big wide world out there yknow
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 06:17:34 PM »

Sure you did, you opened this thread. 
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 06:22:04 PM »

Sure you did, you opened this thread.?

And now you just gave him one hihi

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »

"I'm sorry to say, but us "kids from Iowa" and "downloading motherfuckers" are the actual fans of the new band.
others are fans of the original Guns N'Roses, and/or fans of Axl Rose... but only fans of the current lineup are us!"

what part of this dont you understand?!
I never said KII, and DMF are the same!
enough with it already...
learn how to read...

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 06:35:24 PM »

"I'm sorry to say, but us "kids from Iowa" and "downloading motherfuckers" are the actual fans of the new band.
others are fans of the original Guns N'Roses, and/or fans of Axl Rose... but only fans of the current lineup are us!"

what part of this dont you understand?!
I never said KII, and DMF are the same!
enough with it already...
learn how to read...

I understand your Karma count now.... Roll Eyes

I have no issue with reading comprehension, by the way, but if you post a topic up and someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean they don't understand what you are trying to convey.  You post a topic and then say "Enough Already"?  You posted it, you are asking for response...

I also understand you are one of those "kids in Iowa" that Axl has referenced and that probably isn't a good thing! rofl
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 06:45:52 PM »

you made no constructive remarks...
and no matter how many times I explained it, you keept fucking up my damn thread...
how many times more did I have to write it for you to understand?!

here are my quotes you chose to ignore so many times...

my point was, that the kid in iowa is still a greater fan than most of the people at the shows...

KII is still a fan of the new lineup as for the most of the people that go to arenas, are fans of Axl/OldGNR

I was saying that KII is still a bigger fan that many of the people in audience...

I was saying that no matter how much the "Kid In Iowa" can be irritating, he's still a bigger fan than most of the people in audience...

and as for me being a kid in iowa, I dont mind...
I've seen them live, and I dont give a fuck about the bootlegs, especially since I know that every show is the same, so why bother.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:47:31 PM by Lucky » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 06:46:33 PM »

he was just saying if you are not going to the shows, ?you have no right to bitch about the setlist....why in the world would someone who does not go to shows care about what songs are being played at the shows they are not going to?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: