Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  downloading motherfuckers vs non downloading motherfuckers
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: downloading motherfuckers vs non downloading motherfuckers  (Read 4988 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 06:48:44 PM »

Lucky, I don't agree with you.  Deal with it.  Cursing at me isn't going to make me change my mind.   Wink

he was just saying if you are not going to the shows,  you have no right to bitch about the setlist....why in the world would someone who does not go to shows care about what songs are being played at the shows they are not going to?

Exactly. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »

for the 8th time in this thread;
the point was...
no matter how much the "Kid In Iowa" can be irritating, he's still a bigger fan than most of the people in audience...

For the 94957394075730407845684560844659345th time: The band plays shows for people who are in that venue at that point in time.

Not for their "biggest fans" who are reading updates on message boards.

When those "biggest fans" attend a show, the band are playing for them.

It's not a competition about who the biggest fan is.

Get it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »

he was just saying if you are not going to the shows, ?you have no right to bitch about the setlist....why in the world would someone who does not go to shows care about what songs are being played at the shows they are not going to?

Do you like football? Do you have a favorite football team?
If you do, do you not care at all about the team line-up and the score of the games you cannot attend? Do you not check that online or on tv on on the radio?
You probably wait for that one game when they'd play in your home town and you can afford tickets for. The hell with the rest of the season, right??

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 06:55:47 PM »

he was just saying if you are not going to the shows, ?you have no right to bitch about the setlist....why in the world would someone who does not go to shows care about what songs are being played at the shows they are not going to?

THAT WAS NOT THE POINT!!!

I know what he was saying, but I say weather he likes it or not those Iowa Kids are bigger fans than most people in the audience!!!
!!!1!!!ONE!!!11ONE!!!

Lucky, I don't agree with you. ?Deal with it. ?Cursing at me isn't going to make me change my mind.

I dont care about you...
and I dont care if I change your mind or not, since you dont even know what I'm talking about.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »

It could matter for different reasons. Say you're going to a later show, isn't it fair to express your concern on the setlist you'd probably hear? Or you could think the current setlist would hurt the attendence of the tour, since you don't want your favorite band to fail, you're a little worried.

There are many reasons why a die hard fan can feel disappointed with a setlist to a show they didn't attend.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 07:02:23 PM »

I know what he was saying, but I say weather he likes it or not those Iowa Kids are bigger fans than most people in the audience!!!
!!!1!!!ONE!!!11ONE!!!

You sound like a broken record.

Imagine buying concert tickets and travelling to a show, then finding out the artist isn't actually playing for you. Instead he'll make one guy in Iowa happy by playing his favorite songs. Fuck the 15000 people in the arena who actually spent money on tickets. Play for that one guy who's not there because he's your "biggest fan".

Most artists don't play concerts for their "biggest fans" who aren't there.... It makes perfect sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »

that football analogy was quite possibly the worst one i have ever seen in my life. Smiley
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 07:04:58 PM »

that football analogy was quite possibly the worst one i have ever seen in my life. Smiley

I am glad you said it!!! Grin
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 07:07:31 PM »

i can work with the analogy...
Do you like football? Do you have a favorite football team?
If you do, do you not care at all about the team line-up and the score of the games you cannot attend? Do you not check that online or on tv on on the radio?
yeah but you're not going to bash the team and bitch if you don't like the line-up (or rather, their choice of plays), you're going to support the team and be glad they're winning!

"what the fuck?  they ran the ball AGAIN?  they did that last week!" <------have you ever said that?
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 07:08:21 PM »

for the 8th time in this thread;
the point was...
no matter how much the "Kid In Iowa" can be irritating, he's still a bigger fan than most of the people in audience...

For the 94957394075730407845684560844659345th time: The band plays shows for people who are in that venue at that point in time.

Not for their "biggest fans" who are reading updates on message boards.

When those "biggest fans" attend a show, the band are playing for them.

It's not a competition about who the biggest fan is.

Get it?

/jarmo

!1ONE!1!!!

Not the point dude. I'm not saying they should change/shuffle/whatever the playlist, I dont care.
I also wasnt saying who is the bigger fan, and I definitely wasnt saying that I'm the biggest fan(or that I want to be a fan at all)
And I know that the band plays for the people that are at the venue, and I have no problem with that, or anything else for that matter...

but my point was plain and simple.
I was reffering to the "Iowa" statement...
the point of the discussion would be (not the semantics as some people chose to discuss), but Axl making the people that go to a single show
more GNRsupportive, than a "Kid in Iowa" that probably has/is going to see the band more times, spend much more money to see them,
and his only sin is that he chooses to bitch (with/without a reason)...

that was the point...

damn...
I hate it when you people jump to conclusions and go into "axl advocate" mode when there's no reason to...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:10:32 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 07:11:35 PM »

Lucky, you fail to realize what Axl even meant by what he said.

The KID IN IOWA is NOT at the show. 

You are mis-interpreting it entirely hence your point is well...moot.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 07:15:30 PM »

I ralise that

you fail to realize my point, so please, stop posting in this thread, since all you can cause is more chaos, and make this thread go into a more wrong direction that it has already gone...

or even better... could a mod lock/delete this since I have absolutely no more interest/will/power/time to discuss this

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 07:16:48 PM »

Look, it doesn't matter how many shows the guy goes to. He's not at the show he's actually whining about.

It's like me complaining about the current weather in London right now.

I've been there many times and spent a lot of money there, and I'll go there again in the future. But it's kinda pointless to complain about it when I'm not there. Don't you think?

/jarmo

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »

"I don't have anything against the bootlegs and photos"

"but the people who are bitching about the setlist and it's some f%%khead in Iowa that doesn't even go to a show...."

Try watching this until you understand it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUhSa1_Cmu0
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »

Look, it doesn't matter how many shows the guy goes to. He's not at the show he's actually whining about.

It's like me complaining about the current weather in London right now.

I've been there many times and spent a lot of money there, and I'll go there again in the future. But it's kinda pointless to complain about it when I'm not there. Don't you think?

/jarmo

Well, what if the weather is bad, and the reports state it will stay bad for a while, and you're going there in 2 days?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 07:29:35 PM »

Maybe then I'd cancel my trip it was such a big deal.

/jarmo

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 07:31:34 PM »

Yeah, one might. But the point is if it's reasonable for someone not attending a specific show to have concerns.

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »

when was the last time a NY team won anything?
apparently you need something more than a heart to play successfully - it is called brains.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:05:25 PM by leatherebel » Logged

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

GNR isn't a friggin football team.

But do you stop loving your team when they play a bad game and convert to loving a new team?  Or do you keep supporting them?  I come from NY and we support our teams wholeheartedly here which is why your example fails to make sense to me.

Last I checked fans were not fair weathered.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2006, 10:47:10 PM »

After reading this thread its clear that the only one who isn't understanding is Lucky.

He seems to think everyone is out to get him.

So the "kid from Iowa" is a bigger fan than most people in the audience.. whats your point? Doesn't seem like your thread was relevant in the first place. Unless I, like the other 7 people who posted in this thread "against you," am "wrong/not getting it" and you are "right"... in which case, enlighten me.

Explain what you were trying to say.. because if it was just "the kid from Iowa is a big fan" then why make a thread about it?

And don't explain yourself by saying "omgggg nobody gets me! im leaving the thread"

If you say something that makes sense then I'll side with you. But from what I've read in this thread everybody "gets it" but you.

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: