Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:35:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The best is yet to come? (the new songs)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The best is yet to come? (the new songs)  (Read 3928 times)
Edward Rose
« on: November 27, 2006, 12:07:38 AM »

I always feel weird about starting a new thread here, but I'll throw this one out there and see if it sticks...

I just found this in a 2002 radio interview. I wonder if it still holds true with every song we've heard? (the best is yet to come)

http://www.newgnr.com/articles/112202axlivdetroit.html

Interviewer: Are you doing any new stuff on the
(2002) tour?

Axl: We do about four or five songs that we've done at the various shows ... but we're still holding our big guns back...

Interviewer: Is that right?

Axl: Oh yeah..
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:18:07 AM by Edward Rose » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 12:25:04 AM »

better, twat and citr are big guns

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:25:31 AM »

Very big indeed.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 12:27:19 AM »

Oh yeah.

I'll download it !
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 12:35:48 AM »

Yep.  I believe that "better" was referenced by axl as one of his favorites... before it leaked this past year.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 12:36:27 AM »

TWAT is the biggest of all guns, but I am 100% sure that we will have more songs in the album of the same level.

Why?

You buy Illusion 1 and you say ''November Rain is perfection, nothing can be compared to this'' and then you buy Illusion II and you find ''Estranged''...

Damn, the same guy wrote all those songs... sometimes I think we are a little ungrate with him...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 12:59:56 AM »

Well when IRS leaked they said it is "not even in the top 10 of the best new songs".... So if IRS is on the album, and we've already heard Better, TWAT, CITR, Madagascar & The Blues... That means there are at least 5 more songs better than IRS.
Edward Rose
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 01:02:06 AM »

Well when IRS leaked they said it is "not even in the top 10 of the best new songs".... So if IRS is on the album, and we've already heard Better, TWAT, CITR, Madagascar & The Blues... That means there are at least 5 more songs better than IRS.

That's my point exactly  ok

Another point... at the time of that interview, which ever songs were already being played Live AREN'T even big guns.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 01:38:24 AM »

I think it's easy for Axl to say they're saving the "big guns", that way if the new songs they are playing don't go over too well, the fans will think "well that's ok, Axl has said there's better ones on the album".

I don't know about you lot, but I don't really see why Axl and the band would want to play a bunch of new songs they consider to be mediocre, just to hold out on the better stuff.

That said, I really like Better, IRS, Maddy, The Blues and CD, so I think I'll be happy with the album regardless.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Edward Rose
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 01:50:58 AM »

I think it's easy for Axl to say they're saving the "big guns", that way if the new songs they are playing don't go over too well, the fans will think "well that's ok, Axl has said there's better ones on the album".

I don't know about you lot, but I don't really see why Axl and the band would want to play a bunch of new songs they consider to be mediocre, just to hold out on the better stuff.

That said, I really like Better, IRS, Maddy, The Blues and CD, so I think I'll be happy with the album regardless.

I think it's like the equivelant of hearing these songs right now...

Dead Horse, Bad Obession and The Garden

...while songs like SCOM, Nov Rain and Don't Cry are on an external hard drive in Axl's coat pocket  hihi
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 01:58:50 AM »

I agree that Better and TWAT are probably songs that were considered "big guns" at one time or another.  CITR may even be one of those songs but we don't really know for sure if Catcher will be on CD.  If they put all of the best songs that they have written and recorded on one album and released it, then I think we could really have one of the best albums ever made.  If Axl's old plan of making 2 or 3 albums at once still holds any truth to it, then he is probably going to try to spread the best songs or the "big guns" across 2 or 3 albums.  Unless of course he scrapped that whole idea and will go back to recording once CD is released and the tour is over.

No matter what though once CD is released, I think we are going to hear a few more songs that are equal to or better than TWAT, Better and Catcher in the Rye.  It all comes down to opinion though and some might think the Blues and Maddy are the best of the songs we have heard.  The songs WE HAVE HEARD so far are a pretty great fucking bunch of songs and to actually get a few more that are better than those that we have right now, will be pretty fucking special.  We're in for a treat no matter what...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 04:20:54 AM »

its all up in the air if you ask me

the songs we've heard thus far are pretty good, not sure Id put any (other than perhaps the Blues and CITR ) in the 'earth shattering' category. we'll have to wait for polished album versions, but so far I think it's safe to say Axl has some better songs up his sleeve

if not, we'll have a fairly decent album, but not a world changing classic like some of you are expecting

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 04:39:36 AM »

its all up in the air if you ask me

the songs we've heard thus far are pretty good, not sure Id put any (other than perhaps the Blues and CITR ) in the 'earth shattering' category.

CITR?? Earth Shattering?? Sorry, I always thought CITR was Catcher in the Rye...  Wink

Better is truely earth shattering. I still get a shiver down my spine in parts of that song after listening to it for god knows how many times. IRS and TWAT are also great songs (but more like Championship rather than Premiership!), but Better is just stunning. If there are songs better than Better on the CD I will be very impressed.

I would still expect a smattering of weaker songs though. No matter how long you work on an album, you are always going to have some songs that are viewed as weak, either because of different tastes, or simply in comparison to the other songs on the CD.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 04:59:44 AM »

CITR?? Earth Shattering?? Sorry, I always thought CITR was Catcher in the Rye...? Wink

Huh Huh not quite sure what this is supposed to mean

as for Better - a good solid rocker but to me, the standard a GNR rocker must meet in order to be labeled 'earth shattering', a 'bug gun' or whatever, is Jungle, Paradise, Its so Easy, Rocket Queen, Coma that kind of thing. I dont think Better is quite there

To me, Better is comparable to a Dead Horse or a Pretty Tied Up. Good solid rockers

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
PigeonOfSh!tMetal
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 05:33:13 AM »

To me, what I have heard are pretty big Guns. beer

A frown is a smile in an upside down world.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 05:55:20 AM »

He knows how too that,he did before..
AXL holded out on the better stuff before,he holded out November Rain for years.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 08:46:23 AM »

CITR?? Earth Shattering?? Sorry, I always thought CITR was Catcher in the Rye...? Wink

Huh Huh not quite sure what this is supposed to mean

I think it probably means that he feels (as I do) that CITR is a downright awful song.  Sorry I love all the other new stuff we've heard but that song is just bad.   But hey, at least some of you like it.  Not everyone has to have the same taste in music and it's good GNR isn't one of those bands where every song sounds the same.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 10:05:02 AM »

Wow i didnt know people still believed what Axl said in interviews about the album.  Didnt he say also that it would be out in 2002?  Maybe they lost the big guns and thats why they didnt release album then
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 10:31:40 AM »

i mea songs like the general, prostitute, this i love, thyme, ides of march, etc.
what are some of your predictions on how they will(might) sound?
personally, i think the general will be just badass.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 10:50:11 AM »

the general sounds so deep
I think it will be better than estranged!
 Shocked

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: