Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  11/24 Clevand, OH [Discussion]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11/24 Clevand, OH [Discussion]  (Read 33739 times)
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2006, 02:48:06 AM »

I suggest we keep the guesses about why Axl said those things about the opening act out of this thread until we know the real reason.

/jarmo

No doubt. We don't need to have a bunch of lies and chaos being created. the world will come off it's hinges if we wrongly speculate.? Nice move acting so swiftly. Keep these speculators at bay. filthy people they are.

LMAO...those bastards.   I say ban them all.   ok     rofl
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2006, 02:53:00 AM »

i was there, just got home, great show.  no major surprises, but solid all around.  missed suicide girls, thought eodm might be first.  too bad, wanted to see them.  sebastian bach is a great opener, he just gets the crowd into it.  his great line was, " i went to the rock and roll hall of fame, and said, wheres the kiss stuff?  no kiss?  what the fuck?  at least i thought i'd see some boots or something" or something like that.  stepped out for eodm, but they just play dead on stage when i peaked in for a sec.  dunno what happened with them, but sg did come on for three songs around 11:10 or so.  guns hit around 12:00am.  played till 2:15 or so.  yeah axl said something like "lucky for us this is their last night!"  his monitor was fucked all night, kept putting it in, taking it out.  after taking bows, he took the mic, with a fairly full crowd out there, and said thanks again, especially since it "was a shit day, shit night with sound, but i tried hard and we had a great fucking time".  another time he said, "to all those who came to the show in 2002, cleveland and cincinatti were the two best (or two fo the best, can't remember) shows we played, and we are glad to be back."

he looked great, band sounded good, no "beautiful" solo, good solos overall.  great show all around!

EDIT: to the post above, i do agree to a point.  when i looked around during pc, the crowd was still strong, people dancing, floor still crowded.  sound was shitty at points, but i didn't see a single person on the floor leave till pc was over.  just my opinion
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 02:55:14 AM by billsguy » Logged

Mike
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2006, 03:02:59 AM »

It's interesting to read the first review, which is obviously from someone who had planned to slag the show off from the beginning, and then from billsguy, who seems to give you more of his honest opinion rather that trying to talk about exact percentages of people who left.....

thanks for the review billsguy glad you had a good time!
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2006, 03:07:19 AM »

Thanks for the reviews.

And it seems to ALWAYS be a problem with the sound. Why in the world does Axl not hire someone new if this is ALWAYS a problem. I seriously do not get that at all.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2006, 03:09:10 AM »

I don't know, Axl complaining about the sound doesn't really bother me. It seems like every show there are one or two posters who say the sound "sucked" and give the show a bad review, and then the other 90 percent of the people are blown away

and it seems those one or two posters always run home to post first
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2006, 03:14:43 AM »

i guess the first review was removed?

it's cool Axl was vocal about everything (eodm, sound). not a lot of performers would so directly speak like that -- how does it work with the sound, why do they have problems sometimes?
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2006, 03:16:21 AM »

well sound was good, his vocals volume seemed lower than 2002.  multiple times he complained about the monitor.  before november rain, they were next to him while he was sitting on the piano bench, trying to get a monitor on him that worked.  while they were doing it, he was saying shit about how bad it was.  but he pulled through and really sang well for not having any monitor.  he described it as "an old transitor radio in your ear, with someone smashing it over and over," as he stomped on the floor. pretty funny, but they he said "i'll try to do my best to put on a good show" or something like that right after.

Mike
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2006, 03:19:57 AM »

well sound was good, his vocals volume seemed lower than 2002.? multiple times he complained about the monitor.? before november rain, they were next to him while he was sitting on the piano bench, trying to get a monitor on him that worked.? while they were doing it, he was saying shit about how bad it was.? but he pulled through and really sang well for not having any monitor.? he described it as "an old transitor radio in your ear, with someone smashing it over and over," as he stomped on the floor. pretty funny, but they he said "i'll try to do my best to put on a good show" or something like that right after.

See, i think that's awesome. Of course partly i love seeing a flawless performance, but also things like that are great memories if you're really a fan of the guy. Thats a moment unique to the particular show you were at and that's cool.
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2006, 03:20:58 AM »

i don't understand why, after so many shows, they can't get that in-ear thing right! rant

hihi

Fucked up and out of place
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2006, 03:21:29 AM »

I just got back. ?Killer show. But the soundman needs to be FIRED.

Axl seemed ?very enthused despite the sound problems. ?The crowd was great. I was suprised so many people showed up, there was very little promotion.

Now if only the album were out. ?I'm sure half the people in attendance would go out and buy it TOMORROW.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2006, 03:23:06 AM »

my only real complaint, and its more of a planning issue, is that going to the bar at 6, havin a few beers, getting to the show at 8:30, havin a few more, then standing til 2:30 wore me the fuck out.  i guess im getting old or something.  fortunately at exactly the right time, gnr came back with an energy song.  out ta get me, my michelle, nighttrain and pc all were perfect timing.

also, they did close the upper upper deck all together.  im guessing maybe 10,000 or so, just a guess.

Mike
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »

Thanks for the reviews guys.  I really don't understand what the issue is with the sound-Axl is always fiddling with that earpiece.  I have seen him just rip it entirely out a few times and just sing without it and he has always sounded fine. 
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2006, 03:28:31 AM »

my only real complaint, and its more of a planning issue, is that going to the bar at 6, havin a few beers, getting to the show at 8:30, havin a few more, then standing til 2:30 wore me the fuck out.  i guess im getting old or something.  fortunately at exactly the right time, gnr came back with an energy song.  out ta get me, my michelle, nighttrain and pc all were perfect timing.

also, they did close the upper upper deck all together.  im guessing maybe 10,000 or so, just a guess.

Haha... last time i saw them i wasn't going to leave to use the bathroom and i was really regretting all the beers from earlier.

What do you mean they closed the upper deck?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2006, 03:29:03 AM »

cool reviews

p.s. "jarmo you became a very popular ?http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=21288

I have never seen so many tree
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2006, 03:31:15 AM »

I'm not gonna comlpain about anything.

We got....

Angie
I.R.S.
A three song encore

It was a good night.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2006, 03:32:46 AM »

HOw Dare Axl play a 3 song Encore!!!! hihi hihi hihi

When the fuck Did GNR come to CIncy?

I know that isnt so cause I wouldve been there had they went to Cincy

tell me I didnt miss that one.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2006, 03:33:32 AM »

We got....

Angie
I.R.S.
A three song encore

It was a good night.

Angie was part of a solo?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2006, 03:34:48 AM »

HOw Dare Axl play a 3 song Encore!!!! hihi hihi hihi

When the fuck Did GNR come to CIncy?

I know that isnt so cause I wouldve been there had they went to Cincy

tell me I didnt miss that one.

They didn't make it to Cincy, they postponed the show and then cancelled the rescheduled show, back in 1993.

JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2006, 03:35:09 AM »

We got....

Angie
I.R.S.
A three song encore

It was a good night.

Angie was part of a solo?

It sure was.