Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl kicks the "pigeons of Shit metal" off the tour!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl kicks the "pigeons of Shit metal" off the tour!!  (Read 9679 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2006, 02:10:14 PM »

Bullet for my Valentine were booed massively and rightfully so at the Hamerstein shows.

My ears still hurt from them.

2nd night, I got there after they finished ok
I was there for the last night and they seemed to annoy almost everyone

Dont worry they annoyed the fuck out of us in england too

Funeral for my bullet indeed

Ah ive missed that
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »

eagles of metal were the best opener the band had so far:(
they were horrible, you weren't there to hear how crappy and stupid they sound. ?the singer acted (nothing against homos...but a gay yodel in most of your songs while singing about "cherry cola" should not be allowed on stage. ever) papa roach was 10x better opening act than the parakeets of poop metal.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2006, 02:18:41 PM »

I saw The Smashing Pumpkins open fro GNR in 92 in Oklahoma City and they too got booed unmercifully as well. 

if only I was there to see that... drool
I love pumpkins....

ideal show would be SP, NIN, GNR...

oooooooooo, what a  dream...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »

I wasn't there to witness the band, but it does seem a bit premature to kick them off the tour after ONE show.  I thought Papa Roach was a fine opener but a lot of people on here hated them.  It's gonna be tough to find an opener that EVERYONE likes.  People wanna see GNR, that's the bottom line.  It's a pretty big deal for a band to open for Guns, and the Eagles of Death Metal were set to open for the rest of the dates.  Now they're done after one show.  Again, I wasn't there so I can't comment on how bad they were.  Or maybe they had a run-in with Guns or something.  It just seems a little harsh. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
live-metal.net
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2006, 02:32:06 PM »

I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of the Eagles of Death Metal... however... "Pigeons of Shit Metal" is one of the funniest things I have heard recently.... way to go Axl!
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »

Sometimes people say to me 'don't you think axl is an arrogant asshole?' and it's like no, i wouldn't put it that way. i'd say he's 'very entertaining'.
POSM, HA!

I wish i was there because i'm curious about exactly how bad the audience reaction was, and i also wonder if they met Axl beforehand or something.
Hysteron
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »

"So how'd you like THE PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL? Don't worry, that's the last show they're playing with us."

It's good to see the old dogs still got some life left in him.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2006, 02:53:41 PM »

Ya that comment was funny...Hopefully they actually are kicked off...I think it just shows Axl may have been listening to the openers and cares what the fans want to hear

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »

I think its hard for any opening band cause FANS have this dillusion that the quicker the opening band finishes, the quicker the Main Band will play and that just isnt so.

The Bon Jovi Concert I went to, they had Less Than Jake opening.

Now if u have never heard Less Than Jake, u would know they have no business on a Bon Jovi tour, it is as different as u can get from Bon Jovi.

After their set they said "Thanks for not throwing anything at us" hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Id rather here music and bands playing than sit around for 2 hours with nothing.

fans need to realize that, boo all u want, the headliner still isnt playing any sooner.

very true, but don't try and satisfy us with a shit band.  Bruce springsteen has never had an opening band when i've seen him (5 times) and he's come out and killed each time, leaving the crowd thristing for way more.

it's alwasy better to have no opening band than a shitty one.  either  have a great, up and coming artist/performer, or nobody.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2006, 03:49:18 PM »

"pidgeons of shit metal" would be so classic axl rofl
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »

eagles of metal were the best opener the band had so far:(
they were horrible, you weren't there to hear how crappy and stupid they sound.  the singer acted (nothing against homos...but a gay yodel in most of your songs while singing about "cherry cola" should not be allowed on stage. ever) papa roach was 10x better opening act than the parakeets of poop metal.

That was original... you put your own spin on something Axl said and only made it worse.  NICE!!   ok

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2006, 04:53:10 PM »

This is pretty much a duplicate of the Cleveland discussion thread.

If you want to discuss the qualities (or the lack of them) of another band, please use the Bad Obsession section.

Thank you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: