Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:35:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl kicks the "pigeons of Shit metal" off the tour!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl kicks the "pigeons of Shit metal" off the tour!!  (Read 9731 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 12:31:58 PM »

I was at the show last night, and the Pigeons of Shit Metal fucking blew. ?I love how many people are defending them, saying they're better than other openers when you weren't there last night. ?The audience was booing the entire set, I felt bad for the band. ?Not once did I hear people boo and shout at Papa or BFMV. ?The Eagles of Death Metal are a horrible band, with no diversity at all. My friends and I couldn't tell when one song ended and another began. ?I almost fell over when Axl called them the pigeons of shit metal, cause that's what they are.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 12:33:13 PM »

eagles of metal were the best opener the band had so far:(

Bullet for My Valentine by far.  They're amazing.  In spite of the moronic attitude of the forum's members slagging them off.

Thats your opinion only. Alot of people here hate them, its called taste. You cant tell people their opinion is wrong just because you don't agree with it.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »

I'd bet good money that someone in the Eagle (pigeon hihi ) band said something bad about GNR fans to a GNR band member because of the booing.  The word got up to Axl and the rest is history. 

I know that other people have said something along the same lines.  Either that, or the GNR band members who were watching on the sidelines told Axl how horrible they were and how they were booed.

At least we won't be seeing them again!  peace

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 12:45:46 PM »

Here is the problem with the band, and I was at Cleveland last night, they were after BACH! If this band was the first opener, even before the Suicide Girls then they would probably still be on the bill. Suicide Girls everyone around me seemed to dig them, and Bach brought the place to the edge of their seats. Then come on Eagles and damn everything was taken down a notch. If they were first act, they would of not gotten the response they got.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »

If The Eagles of Death Metal are what Todays music scene is about THEN i am extremely glad Axl is out of touch with today's music scene.? that means we will have an orignal amazing sounding album. ok

To the guy who said Prince was booed at a Rolling Stone concert......... for one Pigeons of Shit Metal arent Prince. Prince was booed cause he played R and B and Funk.

Today Prince more than holds his own with The Rolling Stones, Pigeons of Shit Metal will never hold a candle to GNR

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »

The Eagles Of Death Metal are definatley an aquired taste, no doubt. ?

That said..

I saw The Smashing Pumpkins open fro GNR in 92 in Oklahoma City and they too got booed unmercifully as well. ?

I'd say in both cases it speaks more about a certain sect of the GNR fanbase
than it does the bands mentioned above.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »

I think its hard for any opening band cause FANS have this dillusion that the quicker the opening band finishes, the quicker the Main Band will play and that just isnt so.

The Bon Jovi Concert I went to, they had Less Than Jake opening.

Now if u have never heard Less Than Jake, u would know they have no business on a Bon Jovi tour, it is as different as u can get from Bon Jovi.

After their set they said "Thanks for not throwing anything at us" hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Id rather here music and bands playing than sit around for 2 hours with nothing.

fans need to realize that, boo all u want, the headliner still isnt playing any sooner.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 01:02:21 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
yammy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 01:05:51 PM »

Bullet for my Valentine were booed massively and rightfully so at the Hamerstein shows.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 01:13:53 PM »

Bullet for my Valentine were booed massively and rightfully so at the Hamerstein shows.

My ears still hurt from them.

2nd night, I got there after they finished ok
yammy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »

My ears still hurt from them.

2nd night, I got there after they finished ok
I was there for the last night and they seemed to annoy almost everyone
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 01:21:52 PM »

These guys were very bad. Crowd hated them. I'm glad no one else has to sit through their act.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

EODM suck pole...Josh Homme blows goats...end of...

GNR/AXL stop messing around and get Buckcherry in this fucking tour rant

No need to put shit like BulletFMValentine or EODM on, just proper rock is needed.

other bands that could play:
bullets & octane
the donna's
flyleaf
panic channel
fort (aussie - good band)
or i'll fucking do it...just no more scene bands, except maybe a7x but that will be next leg of tour in the summer, i guess

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
Death Cube K
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 01:41:12 PM »

Yes, bring Buckcherry!!!! Thats the only good band of a new breed.
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 01:43:29 PM »

i was there last night in the front row, and these guys sucked ass. although some of their riffs were ok, all in all their songs fucking blew. i pretty much slept through most of them. it was hilarious when he said pigeons of shit metal though ?rofl they put the suicide girls on again after them, my guess just to warm the crowd up again, eagles of death metal were a real fucking downer, they really killed the vibe

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
T_Roxie
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »

Damn, i quite like this band. Sad
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 01:44:13 PM »

Papa Roach has always sucked and sucks more in recent times thanks to their identity challenged new image and sound. Fat Coby Dick should stick to rap metal. They were horrid live. When I heard they were opening for GN'R I laughed. Why any fan of GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES would even come close to supporting a band like that...is beyond me. Eagles of Death Metal aren't too great either, but are a big step up from the P. Roach. Mix Master Mike was at least entertaining. But I agree, bring Buckcherry on tour. Never would a tour make more sense right now than with those two sharing a bill.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 01:45:26 PM »

Maybe this has already been brought up, but if they suck so bad that even Axl thought they sucked, then what were they doing there in the first place? ?Axl had to have heard them before putting them on the tour. ?Is there studio material ok, and they just suck live? ?I don't know anything about this band, but to me it seems very uncool that Axl would berate them on stage like that. ?If he didn't like them they wouldn't have been there. ?And Buckcherry opening for Guns would be pretty friggin' awesome.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Death Cube K
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »

Some girl introduced me to this shit band last year after I told her I liked GNR. She said this band was right down my alley. I listened to 4 songs..it was horrible. Most bands today just make the same song over and over.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »

I checked out this band before, bored me to death. Bring Buckcherry is what I've been saying all along.

I hate fanboys.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 02:07:05 PM »

I am pretty sure GNR had to take who was available for this tour being that it was announced pretty much at the last minute and most bands probably had previous commitments. ?

I have seen a few bands I didn't love open up for them this year: Phantom Planet and Hoobastank in Vegas (Hoobastank actually played a decent set and the singer was really glad to be there), and Papa Roach who actually got a decent reception at the shows I saw. ?I don't love them but I can also admit a lot of people at the shows did. ?

I read in someone's review that some of the GNR members were watching the EODM set from the side of the stage. ?Maybe one of them just reported to Axl about how the crowd reacted to them (being that everyone who was at the show and reviewed it here said they were booed consistently)? ?Why does everything have to be a war of words between the bands? ?peace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: