Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl kicks the "pigeons of Shit metal" off the tour!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl kicks the "pigeons of Shit metal" off the tour!!  (Read 9734 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »

They must have done something to piss him off.

Like to go to Axl/GNR members to get on at the fans...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 11:32:50 AM »

sebastian bach is the only band that axl has hand picked to open for him..

wrong.? He had alot to do with getting the Metallica tour as well as most of the bands who opened for them in the past.
im talking about this new tour...
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 11:33:57 AM »

Eagles of Death Metal are a much better band than Bullet for my Valentine or Avenged Sevenfold.

Maybe Eagles of Death Metal did not kiss Axl's ass as he wished... Who knows ?

Axl should talk more about his new album instead of the opening act... hihi

I'll download it !
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 11:35:42 AM »

the eagles got a album out this year
have to see if axl will (if he does its ofcourse much better then the eagles one? ok)
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 11:37:17 AM »

Eagles of Death Metal are a much better band than Bullet for my Valentine or Avenged Sevenfold.

Maybe Eagles of Death Metal did not kiss Axl's ass as he wished... Who knows ?

Axl should talk more about his new album instead of the opening act... hihi

What does that have to do with the band sucking ass.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 11:39:30 AM »

They pissed him off by showing up on time,  not crying about sound problems and playing on when the crown flipped them off..

Of course hes not going to like that. 
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »

Hopefully Mix Master Mike is coming back to replace The Eagles of Death Metal... smoking

I'll download it !
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 11:45:40 AM »

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL appear to have been removed from the GUNS N' ROSES tour after only one show due to an overwhelmingly poor reception the band got from the GN'R audience during EAGLES' tour opener. According to several fans who attended last night's (Nov. 24) GUNS N' ROSES concert at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (also featuring SEBASTIAN BACH and SUICIDE GIRLS), people were booing throughout EAGLES' hour-long set, with some of the GN'R fans calling the group's performance "horrid at best" and describing the band's music as "pretty fucking lame," with a repertoire of songs that sound "almost the same." GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose apparently agreed with his fans, because a few songs into GNR's set he reportedly said something to the effect of, "So how'd you like THE PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL? Don't worry, that's the last show they're playing with us."

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL released its second album, "Death By Sexy", earlier this year. The CD features appearances by Mark Lanegan and QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE drummer Joey Castillo, while DISTILLERS frontwoman Brody Dalle (QOTSA frontman Josh Homme's girlfriend) and singer Wendy Ray added backing vocals on several tracks.

This is how dumb rumours start Smiley  Please post a link to the source next time.   Thanks Smiley   I know this one is true, but by posting a link it allows us to sort the chaff from the wheat a lot easier.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Death Cube K
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 11:51:41 AM »

Good. I was a bit shocked when I heard they were opening. They suck. All the songs sounds the same, gay image...

Just dont invite Sigur Ros, Coldplay or any other gay band to open Axl and everything is ok!  ok
cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 11:55:16 AM »

Maybe they told Axl his fans suck.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 12:01:08 PM »

I beat you cineater. ok

someone reported in the update thread that they had a fuck-you look when they finished their set.

This is how dumb rumours start

oops Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 12:11:22 PM by ppbebe » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »

I'm not familiar with their stuff, but the whole "pigeons of shit metal" thing is priceless.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mojoeye
Banned
Headliner

Everything is true, always.

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »

I've witnessed the band live at a small club in Brooklyn two years ago (with Josh Homme on drums). They essentially are ironic, initially starting as an inside joke. That is not to say that their music doesn't have a groove (their first album is pretty good, garage tinged). I can understand how the joke may not go over well on more traditional Guns N' Roses fans. What a pity...Hey, Prince was booed off the stage opening for the Rolling Stones...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 12:15:03 PM »

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL appear to have been removed from the GUNS N' ROSES tour after only one show due to an overwhelmingly poor reception the band got from the GN'R audience during EAGLES' tour opener. According to several fans who attended last night's (Nov. 24) GUNS N' ROSES concert at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (also featuring SEBASTIAN BACH and SUICIDE GIRLS), people were booing throughout EAGLES' hour-long set, with some of the GN'R fans calling the group's performance "horrid at best" and describing the band's music as "pretty fucking lame," with a repertoire of songs that sound "almost the same." GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose apparently agreed with his fans, because a few songs into GNR's set he reportedly said something to the effect of, "So how'd you like THE PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL? Don't worry, that's the last show they're playing with us."

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL released its second album, "Death By Sexy", earlier this year. The CD features appearances by Mark Lanegan and QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE drummer Joey Castillo, while DISTILLERS frontwoman Brody Dalle (QOTSA frontman Josh Homme's girlfriend) and singer Wendy Ray added backing vocals on several tracks.

This is how dumb rumours start Smiley  Please post a link to the source next time.   Thanks Smiley   I know this one is true, but by posting a link it allows us to sort the chaff from the wheat a lot easier.

He may have gotten the story here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=62746

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »

They must have done something to piss him off.? Because from NIN to Mixmaster Mike, Axl has never cared whether the audience "got" the opening act or not.?

Very true.  In order for Axl to make such a statement, something went down behind the scenes.  As with most things GnR, we'll never know...
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 12:19:55 PM »

Well hopefully they have it figured out by next Saturday in Minneapolis so I know if I can sit in the bar a couple of hours longer. ? beer ?So far none of the opening acts would have got me in anytime before 10:00pm. ?I've seen Skid Row/Bach enough that i'm not going in early for just him. ?Papa Roach, ok, but not going to get me off the bar stool early. ?Eagles of Death Metal, maybe if they were playing in my garage I'd go check them out. ?Tommy Stinson should do a double set and open up with The Replacements. ?Axl and Paul Westerberg are equally as crazy at times. ? Lips Sealed

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
darkmonth
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »

eagles of metal were the best opener the band had so far:(

Bullet for My Valentine by far.  They're amazing.  In spite of the moronic attitude of the forum's members slagging them off.
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 12:23:04 PM »

should have stayed with die mannequin, the fans in toronto actually liked them
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 12:24:28 PM »

Now thats owned lmaoooo, kick ass!

html sucks
ScottyGNR
Headliner

lets get serious

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 12:29:49 PM »

I was at the show last night.  Their first song was kind of catchy but the lead singer turned everybody off with his dancing and tight emo jeans and aviator sunglasses.  the rest of their songs sounded the same but between songs the singer would hear some boos and kind of smile then the crowd would boo some more cuz they thought he was egging them on which i don't believe he was
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: