Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228141 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis vs Westlife
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis vs Westlife  (Read 7887 times)
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« on: November 24, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »

ok on november 20th 2006 in the uk westlife, oasis, the beatles and u2 all released albums. westlife are leading the way with oasis a close second. the british press have turned this into a huge pop vs rock, oasis vs westlife thing and the sun newspaper are urging everyone to buy oasis' greatest hits before sunday !

oasis lead early on = http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006540276,00.html

westlife takeover = http://www.startrip.tv/2006/11/its_oasis_v_wes.html

funny as **** = http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006540445,00.html elton john gets involved

T_Roxie
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 11:02:37 AM »

"He?s an absolute tosser and he looks like Parker from Thunderbirds."

HAHAHAHAHA rofl rofl rofl

A side note - U2 aren't doing too well in comparison are they?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:04:17 AM by T_Roxie » Logged
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 11:12:20 AM »

take that are supporting oasis in this now   rofl

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006540630,00.html

Gary told me: ?I just don?t get the whole Westlife thing. I don?t understand who would go out and buy their records.

?I haven?t got it and I won?t be buying it, but I have got the Oasis album. I?m definitely backing Oasis over them ? I thought Oasis would storm it to No1 with their best of.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:16:38 AM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
chimesedemo
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »

and to think if chinese democracy came out on the 21st in the us and the 20th in the uk it would have been involved in this battle and sadly coming 5th  ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogxt4sCJ_ms
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »

one thing thats really fucked up about this is when you look at the UK's major retailers and where the albums are ranking you see oasis are destroying westlife.

oasis current ranks:
i-tunes - #2
hmv - #1
amazon - #5
play.com - #1
tesco - #1
sainsburys - #1
asda - #4

westlife current ranks:
i-tunes #18
hmv - #6
amazon - #10
play.com - #4
tesco - #5
sainsburys - #3
asda - #9

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

one thing thats really fucked up about this is when you look at the UK's major retailers and where the albums are ranking you see oasis are destroying westlife.

oasis current ranks:
i-tunes - #2
hmv - #1
amazon - #5
play.com - #1
tesco - #1
sainsburys - #1
asda - #4

westlife current ranks:
i-tunes #18
hmv - #6
amazon - #10
play.com - #4
tesco - #5
sainsburys - #3
asda - #9
so how are westlife winning then ?

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 12:50:22 PM »

thats what i'd like to know.

on the sales of albums according to the sun newspaper oasis are 15,000 behind as of midnight last night.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »

Wow a lousy Oasis best of vs a lousy westlife album vs the 3rd U2 best of in 6 years - ho-rah Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 03:13:22 PM »

Wow a lousy Oasis best of vs a lousy westlife album vs the 3rd U2 best of in 6 years - ho-rah Roll Eyes

Yep the Oasis best of is really lousy.  14 of the 18 songs are from the DM, WTSMG years (although you claimed in the other thread that "The newer albums featured so heavily on it", which I have no idea where you got that from and it makes me question your opinion) and it comes with a free EP with an unreleased demo and an unreleased live version of Some Might Say.  That is horrible.  I paid $9.99 for mine and I feel so ripped off!!! 

ACTUALLY, getting 3 CD's for 10 dollars is one great fucking deal, especially from a great band.  AND all of the songs are remastered and the older tracks sound MUCH, MUCH better than they ever have.  But you're right, it's pretty lousy.  At least one person seems to think so...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 03:19:07 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 03:20:43 PM »

Yep the Oasis best of is really lousy.? 14 of the 18 songs are from the DM, WTSMG years (although you claimed in the other thread that it was "filled with more recent songs") and it comes with a free EP with an unreleased demo and an unreleased live version of Some Might Say.? That is horrible.? I paid $9.99 for mine and I feel so ripped off!!!?

ACTUALLY, getting 3 CD's for 10 dollars is one great fucking deal, especially from a great band.? AND all of the songs are remastered and the older tracks sound MUCH, MUCH better than they ever have.? But you're right, it's pretty lousy.? At least one person seems to think so...

calm down dear, would you like this seat?

Its a best of done to end a record deal with a most curious song selection - 'talk tonight' over 'whatever'? - you paid 9.99 for stuff you already had? Well, cool, great...i guess.

I'm going to let you in on a littls secret - get a cd-r, copy the songs and voila, you have the Oasis best of for free Cheesy Better yet, sort out a playlist on your ipod and make your own best of - wow, what possibilities, what a time to be alive!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 03:42:27 PM »

Yep the Oasis best of is really lousy.  14 of the 18 songs are from the DM, WTSMG years (although you claimed in the other thread that it was "filled with more recent songs") and it comes with a free EP with an unreleased demo and an unreleased live version of Some Might Say.  That is horrible.  I paid $9.99 for mine and I feel so ripped off!!! 

ACTUALLY, getting 3 CD's for 10 dollars is one great fucking deal, especially from a great band.  AND all of the songs are remastered and the older tracks sound MUCH, MUCH better than they ever have.  But you're right, it's pretty lousy.  At least one person seems to think so...

calm down dear, would you like this seat?

Its a best of done to end a record deal with a most curious song selection - 'talk tonight' over 'whatever'? - you paid 9.99 for stuff you already had? Well, cool, great...i guess.

I'm going to let you in on a littls secret - get a cd-r, copy the songs and voila, you have the Oasis best of for free Cheesy Better yet, sort out a playlist on your ipod and make your own best of - wow, what possibilities, what a time to be alive!

Izzy you really don't have to tell me to calm down because I wasn't anything but calm in my last post.  I'm not mad about what you said at all.  Actually I didn't pay 9.99 for stuff I already had, I didn't have the Cigs and Alcohol demo and the Some Might Say live version, although that is probably on one of my hundreds of Oasis bootlegs.

I bought it for one of the same reasons I bought the GN'R greatest hits, in hope that the songs would be a little remastered and sound a lot better.  GN'R's GH as we all know was a let down in all areas and the tracks weren't touched hardly at all.  But this Oasis album sounds really great and it has some of my favorite songs ever.  It was worth the money TO ME to get this album and have songs that I love that sound even better on my car stereo.  I spend a lot of time everyday driving to and from work so most of my music listening occurs in my car and for 10 dollars it's worth it to me.

Having 'Talk Tonight' over 'Whatever' as you said... doesn't really bother me.  I like Noel and I don't dislike the songs he sings as you do.  Sometimes I think he does songs better than Liam could ever do and again, that's just an opinion.  So not getting the studio version of 'Whatever' doesn't really bother me too much, especially considering the studio version is one of my least favorite versions of that song.

AND FINALLY, I don't have an ipod and I did download the album previously to buying it but the tracks were mp3's and being as big of an Oasis fan as I am, buying the album for 10 dollars and getting the free EP seemed very reasonable.  I went to the store and HONESTLY wasn't really planning on buying it, thinking it would probably be around 17 or 18 bucks for a double disc, but saw it for 9.99 and the rest is history.  I went to Best Buy planning on buying another album which they didn't have and left with Stop the Clocks.  I was happy with my purchase and still am and can say in all seriousness, THAT THIS IS NOT A LOUSY ALBUM FOR THE PRICE THAT I PAID.  If it was 18 dollars as I said, I would have lived with the download and been fine with that.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »

how can a washed out, unimportent shitty pop band even do well in the charts against anything!

html sucks
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 06:27:03 PM »

how can a washed out, unimportent shitty pop band even do well in the charts against anything!

Err... which one are you talking about, Oasis or Westlife?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 06:53:23 PM »

Err... which one are you talking about, Oasis or Westlife?

westlife of course!

oasis are indie

html sucks
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 09:09:25 PM »

im in shock westlife beat them so badly

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »

ok this is going to sound like a real american question....who the fuck is westlife?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

ok this is going to sound like a real american question....who the fuck is westlife?

do yourself a favour and dont find out.

html sucks
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 11:53:22 AM »

westlife are an irish boyband that keep hanging around entertaining board housewife's and people with no musical taste.

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 02:04:51 PM »

do yourself a favour and dont find out.
rofl

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 09:48:36 PM »

Fucking hilarious.? Did Westlife really win??

rofl Quality! rofl

I don't care about the pop/rock battle, I already know which is better.? I'm just deliriously happy that Oasis lost! ok

Damon: 9
Liam: 1
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: