Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Quick question from a long time lurker...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick question from a long time lurker...  (Read 2159 times)
Mexican Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 24, 2006, 04:21:24 AM »

So I have been lurking around here for a couple of years...checking most threads, but rarely posting anything.

I have been getting very excited, as finally I will get to see my dream of seeing GnR (at least axl with new guys, which are all great) play live on monday at the Allstate Arena in Chicago. I will be going with about 5 other people, and we bought GA tickets. My question is, seeing as to how it has been said that allstate arena is close to selling out (and that according to ticketmaster the GA area HAS sold out), we were wondering how early we should get there to be able to get one of the front places?

One of the people suggest at 5:30, seeinga s to how we do not live far away from allstate itself..that however seemed too early for me...so decided to ask you all experts.

Thanks for the responces...and hopefully ill be rocking out this monday to GnR!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 04:24:19 AM »

For this tour I was only able to make it out for Worcester, seeing as how they came nowhere near where I live in Upstate New York. Anyway, my girlfriend and I both had GA tickets and arrived at the arena at around 2-2:30PM and were lucky enough to nab spots at the bar, right-center in front of Robin's pedal, for the whole show. In my opinion of this past show, which was not filled to capacity, and having seen the band before, I think 5:30 is way too late if you're looking for the bar or a decent spot up front.
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 11:14:25 AM »

I went to a couple of shows in London- arrived about 6, and was in the first few rows. But, I was on my own, so could do a bit of pushing and squeezing into spaces.

Mileage may vary.
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 11:46:01 AM »

5:30 is way too late if you want to get up front.

I'd say about 4:00 would be good. And trust me, being up front is worth the wait. yes
anythinggoes
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 12:05:29 PM »

Madison Square Garden arrived at 8.20 as bach was playing by the time GNR was on i was 2nd row front center

Baltimore arrived 8.00 by time GNR was on i was 3rd row front just off center

Same with Birmingham same with Hammersmith same with Dublin
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 12:06:35 PM »

^Thats 'cuz your a sneaky devil.  hihi

Seriously though, in Estero some guy was trying to sneak up to the front and almost got his ass kicked. Tongue
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 12:10:52 PM »

^Thats 'cuz your a sneaky devil.? hihi

Seriously though, in Estero some guy was trying to sneak up to the front and almost got his ass kicked. Tongue

There is no sneaking about it during acts people move to get drinks when the openers are playing like bach he gets the rowd jumping so jump forward and stand your ground, thats the key standing your ground, luckily im a big guy so its harder to push me and an elbow in my rib gets a harder one back
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »

was right up front and center more or less at msg...got there around 8, 8:30 or so and went up to see my friends who had seats a bunch of times, still had no problem really getting right back up front Tongue
01matthewst
Opening Act

NEC 25/7/06

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 12:27:27 PM »

I arrived about 5:30 at birmingham and was on about the 7th or 8 th row
Mexican Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 07:27:18 PM »

Thanks for all the answers. Will talk to the people I'm going with, will prolly sugest we get there around 3 pm.

Thank you
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 07:36:17 PM »

It is not hard to get up front at all, I guess it depends on how big you are....I'm 6'1", but really skinny...and I've never had a problem with pushing my way up front at the very last minute, don't watse your time and freeze your ass of and get there at 4, I'm going to the show in Minneapolis, and will not go to the Target Center until the doors have opened, cause theres no way in hell I'm sittin around in the cold, lol, but I guarantee you I wil be in the front!

Axl is God.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 07:40:41 PM »

i'm 5'7 130 pounds, male... i've seen gnr 5 times. Here's my advice, get there when you want... and then follow the big, bully dude who pushes his way to the front... i mean get on his ass... he will push his way right to the front, and you follow.

worked for me everytime

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 08:01:23 PM »

For a GA show, make as many friends as possible.

Not guaranteed to work, but better for your chances of those around you saving your spot should you need anything to drink or to use the bathroom during the 6 hours of the show.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 10:06:07 PM »

have fun at the show

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 01:29:45 AM »

It's all great advice, but you shouldn't encourage pushing other fans out of the way or bum rushing the front. It's one of the most unpleasant experiences someone who's been waiting there all day can have, to have some asshole pushing them into the bar and trying to pry them off or dig them or what have you. Someone tries to move me off the bar at a GN'R show and they're going to get their ass kicked, that's a promise. So again, my advice, show up early if you want the bar. Don't be a dick and show up during Bach and then fuck with the people who legitimately made it there ahead of you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: