Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could the record company be in the way of a release?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could the record company be in the way of a release?  (Read 12878 times)
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 02:30:08 PM »

It doesn't sound like the rec comp was "in the way." It sounds more like they were giving Axl oppinions and he was taking them into consideration.

Actually, it looks like the album was rejected, because the record company didn't like the songs, so Axl is forced to change them over and over.

It works with The Blues too.  In 02 The Blues was a lot heavier, and in just 4 years they've changed that song a lot, made it more radio friendly.  Could it be that Universal rejected The Blues also? 

But there it is!  CD HAS been rejected, multiple times before 2001, not to mention how much it was rejected in the following 5 years. 

I thought that's how it worked with Finck too.  BH was Finck's replacement, and when Finck came back they decided, what the hell, why not have 3 guitarists?   Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 02:34:22 PM »

How could the record company stand in the way of an album that probably has no intention of ever being released?

It's all Axl's bullshit.

They couldn't.  But they have rejected CD a few times, which means it is meant to be released.  Go read the interview again.  Are you sure you read the right one?   ok

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Edward Rose
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 02:38:52 PM »

It doesn't sound like the rec comp was "in the way." It sounds more like they were giving Axl oppinions and he was taking them into consideration.

Actually, it looks like the album was rejected, because the record company didn't like the songs, so Axl is forced to change them over and over......

I don't know how you get that from this...

There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company.People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs,

"Rejected" is a strong word. That's why I said, from looking at the bold words above and trying my best to use the english skills I learned in school, it seems more like Axl was taking the Rec Comp oppinions into consideration. Who's to say he couldn't have just said, "It's fine. Go with it" to the rec comp?
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »

Actually, it looks like the album was rejected, because the record company didn't like the songs, so Axl is forced to change them over and over......

I don't know how you get that from this...

There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company.People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs,

"Rejected" is a strong word. That's why I said, from looking at the bold words above and trying my best to use the english skills I learned in school, it seems more like Axl was taking the Rec Comp oppinions into consideration. Who's to say he couldn't have just said, "It's fine. Go with it" to the rec comp?

In a way though that is rejecting it.  Telling someone that they can do better is a polite way of saying "NO, this isn't good enough."  But of course none of us were there so we don't really know what happened... it's all speculation on our part.  I doubt the record company is holding up the release of this album again but if it doesn't come out by the end of the year it WILL be blamed on someone and I guarantee the blame won't be put on Axl.  It will be someone else's fault regardless of it being Axl's fault or not.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »

Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs

Right there. ?Of course Axl won't come out and say they "rejected" it, that would make the album sound bad, right?

So with that quote there, he says he started over and continued adding songs. ?Now if it was just opinions on how to make stuff better, why would they start over, or why would they continue adding more songs? ?They did it because the record company didn't like what they had, so they go back to square one, and keep trying to make better songs that would be worthy of CD. ?

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Edward Rose
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 02:47:47 PM »

Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs

Right there.  Of course Axl won't come out and say they "rejected" it, that would make the album sound bad, right?

So with that quote there, he says he started over and continued adding songs.  Now if it was just opinions on how to make stuff better, why would they start over, or why would they continue adding more songs?  They did it because the record company didn't like what they had, so they go back to square one, and keep trying to make better songs that would be worthy of CD. 

Because the actual rec comp quote is the word "thought." "Thought" is the same as oppinion. He didn't say, "They told us it could be better." Or, "They wanted something better."

Rejected, rejected, rejected, rejected. (Ah that feels so good) Say it again, oh,oh, oh, ahhhhhhhhhhh. I need a cigarette.
Hysteron
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 02:47:57 PM »

The best song is supposedly Prostitute, but it was recorded before this, which says something about why we?ve been waiting so long.

Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 02:49:42 PM »

Right there.? Of course Axl won't come out and say they "rejected" it, that would make the album sound bad, right?

So with that quote there, he says he started over and continued adding songs.? Now if it was just opinions on how to make stuff better, why would they start over, or why would they continue adding more songs?? They did it because the record company didn't like what they had, so they go back to square one, and keep trying to make better songs that would be worthy of CD.?

Because the actual rec comp quote is the word "thought." "Thought" is the same as oppinion. He didn't say, "They told us it could be better." Or, "They wanted something better."

Rejected, rejected, rejected, rejected. (Ah that feels so good) Say it again, oh,oh, oh, ahhhhhhhhhhh. I need a cigarette.

But would you just come out to Axl and say, "This album fucking sucks, re do it or we aren't fucking releasing it!"

NO!  Of course you wouldn't, it's just polite to put it that way.  And you are missing that even if they did say something meaner to Axl, he wouldn't put it in a public review.  He wants to make CD look as good as possible.  You're missing that one part. 

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 02:50:02 PM »

The best song is supposedly Prostitute, but it was recorded before this, which says something about why we?ve been waiting so long.

Who ever said the best song is Prostitute and why do people always talk about this song as if they've heard it??  Like during the "What song should GN'R open with at shows?" TOPIC, some people said Prostitute and they have no fucking clue about what the song even sounds like!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 02:53:54 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 02:51:19 PM »

Who ever said the best song is Prostitute and why do people always talk about this song as if they've heard it??? Like during the "What song should GN'R open with at shows?"? Some people said Prostitute and they have no fucking clue about what the song even sounds like!!!

Not sure which interview, but i read somewhere too that Prositute was the strongest song off of CD. 

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 02:51:43 PM »

NO!  Of course you wouldn't, it's just polite to put it that way.  And you are missing that even if they did say something meaner to Axl, he wouldn't put it in a public review.  He wants to make CD look as good as possible.  You're missing that one part. 

You should really read my post a few posts before this one.

chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2006, 02:54:29 PM »

Who ever said the best song is Prostitute and why do people always talk about this song as if they've heard it??  Like during the "What song should GN'R open with at shows?"  Some people said Prostitute and they have no fucking clue about what the song even sounds like!!!

Not sure which interview, but i read somewhere too that Prositute was the strongest song off of CD. 

people where saying that about CITR
Hysteron
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »

Who ever said the best song is Prostitute and why do people always talk about this song as if they've heard it??? Like during the "What song should GN'R open with at shows?"? Some people said Prostitute and they have no fucking clue about what the song even sounds like!!!

Not sure which interview, but i read somewhere too that Prositute was the strongest song off of CD.?

Who!

Some guy involved with the album claimed that Prostitue was the best song years ago.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2006, 02:58:45 PM »

That has been said about a few different songs over the years but what's the point in claiming a song we have never heard to be the best off of the album?? I don't ever recall anyone saying that Prostitue was the best song CD has to offer, so I would like to read this interview if it does indeed exist and if it does, I doubt it is anything recent.  Which is probably why I don't remember it.

Hysteron
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »

That has been said about a few different songs over the years but what's the point in claiming a song we have never heard to be the best off of the album?? I don't ever recall anyone saying that Prostitue was the best song CD has to offer, so I would like to read this interview if it does indeed exist.

I would link it, but I'm too lazy to search for it again, theres a article somewhere in the history section of this board.
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 03:03:20 PM »

NO!? Of course you wouldn't, it's just polite to put it that way.? And you are missing that even if they did say something meaner to Axl, he wouldn't put it in a public review.? He wants to make CD look as good as possible.? You're missing that one part.?

You should really read my post a few posts before this one.

I did, but it's aparent Edward Rose did not. 

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »

That has been said about a few different songs over the years but what's the point in claiming a song we have never heard to be the best off of the album?? I don't ever recall anyone saying that Prostitue was the best song CD has to offer, so I would like to read this interview if it does indeed exist and if it does, I doubt it is anything recent.? Which is probably why I don't remember it.

I've never heard it said about CITR, just about Prostitute and a few others. 

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2006, 03:04:02 PM »

That has been said about a few different songs over the years but what's the point in claiming a song we have never heard to be the best off of the album?? I don't ever recall anyone saying that Prostitue was the best song CD has to offer, so I would like to read this interview if it does indeed exist.

I would link it, but I'm too lazy to search for it again, theres a article somewhere in the history section of this board.

I'm sorry... I do realize how hard it is to search for something using your mouse and your eyes and not moving from your chair.  I wouldn't want you to over-exert yourself.  It's not a big deal anyway and I'm sure I read the interview a long ass time ago and if it's old it's completely irrelevent anyway.

Edward Rose
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 03:07:35 PM »

But would you just come out to Axl and say, "This album fucking sucks, re do it or we aren't fucking releasing it!"

And you're missing the part where I think (think... just my oppinion) that people should respect his choice of words and not take it upon themselves to put words into his or the rec company's mouths. That's all. You're probably right.

A simple choice of words, like "may have rejected it" would be better in my oppinion.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 03:09:55 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Hysteron
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 03:12:39 PM »

I'm sorry... I do realize how hard it is to search for something using your mouse and your eyes and not moving from your chair.? I wouldn't want you to over-exert yourself.? It's not a big deal anyway and I'm sure I read the interview a long ass time ago and if it's old it's completely irrelevent anyway.

You kept going on about who said the song was the best, and now you're saying it's irrelevant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: