Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Music played before GN'R hits the stage
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music played before GN'R hits the stage  (Read 9515 times)
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2006, 06:57:25 AM »

yeah i agree back in black and lots of metallica is what i heard.

out of interest jarmo, do you have an opinion on when the release date will be, or date that you think is likely? just wondered if you have an opinion?

I guess you missed the first sentence of this thread!!!

i ahven't ever heard jarmo guess the date, have you? i asked his opinion, since i cant remeber if he has given it or not.

jarmo said inbetween guessing, i have never heard jarmo guess, hence, i asked the question.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2006, 07:22:50 AM »

I think both in Dublin and Belgium I heard "Ace of Spades", by Motorhead

I also heard "Highway to Hell", "Killing in the name of"

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2006, 07:31:02 AM »

I know I'm a little late, but I seem to remember a lot of Nirvana played in 2002 before they went on? I'm going to CLeve. tonight, but wanted to chime in on this

libertad
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2006, 09:14:43 AM »

from the madrid bootleg, sounds like they were playing Jimmy Eat World - If You Don't, Don't  when the promoter makes an announcement...

Behold, the evil that men do...
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2006, 09:40:02 AM »

I agree with you tap. We can talk about songs played by some random guy over the venue speakers but not about what bands opening for GN'R play. The only difference is one is live and the other is from a CD. The ones on the CD don't relate to GN'R any more than the openers (and probably less).

What's wrong with you? Didn't I just explain why this thread was posted? Did you lose your ability to read or are you just too fucking lazy?

This isn't an show update thread. It's about the music played at a GN'R show.

Not about the music played by the opening act during their set opening for GN'R.

They play the same songs at all the venues, so I guess the "random guy" is somehow connected to GN'R.

If you wanna talk about what Papa Roach, Sebastian Bach, The Trews, Die Mannequin or Suicide Girls played, go to Bad Obsession.

You people are unbelievable.

I wanted to point out the great music somebody has picked to be played before GN'R hits the stage, but that's not a good idea because some of you are too hard headed to get it.

Let's go back to talking about how I'm a nazi and this place sucks.

Fuck it.

/jarmo
your a nazi, this place sucks!
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2006, 09:45:53 AM »

Pukkepop 2002 Belgium, they playe Miss Misery by Nazareth........... yes
Cows N' Roses
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »

I think I heard "Tie Your Mother Down" by Queen in Toronto

They definitely played it in Switzerland. One of my fav Queen songs.

It don't really matter.
Karma_Police
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2006, 07:45:24 PM »

I don't know. I wear my ipod durring the show so I never hear. And when Gn'R finally hit the stage I quickly shuffle to the studio version of the song they are currently playing so I  get the best quality sound possible.
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2006, 07:50:45 PM »

I remember they played Master of Puppets at the Paris show.

Yeah, that was so awesome with the crowd singing along! Cheesy

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2006, 07:52:28 PM »

they played papa roach at one i went to it was a song where hes going on about nicotine alcohol and cocaine.

html sucks
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2006, 08:10:06 PM »

I don't know. I wear my ipod durring the show so I never hear. And when Gn'R finally hit the stage I quickly shuffle to the studio version of the song they are currently playing so I get the best quality sound possible.

That doenst sound like much fun. Just stay at home and preted to be there then. Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2006, 08:18:18 PM »

they played papa roach at one i went to it was a song where hes going on about nicotine alcohol and cocaine.

That's Queens Of The Stone Age's "Feel Good Hit Of The Summer".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evolution
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2006, 08:34:50 PM »

I remember hearing Gasoline by Audioslave at Hammersmith and a fair few times at Download.

Also "Again" by Alice in Chains in Glasgow. Sladdi was headbanging to it right in front of me. Some guy behind asked him why he was in such good spirits despite the wait for GN'R, and he was like "Dude....I like AIC!"  hihi
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2006, 08:57:55 AM »

I agree with you tap. We can talk about songs played by some random guy over the venue speakers but not about what bands opening for GN'R play. The only difference is one is live and the other is from a CD. The ones on the CD don't relate to GN'R any more than the openers (and probably less).

What's wrong with you? Didn't I just explain why this thread was posted? Did you lose your ability to read or are you just too fucking lazy?

This isn't an show update thread. It's about the music played at a GN'R show.

Not about the music played by the opening act during their set opening for GN'R.

They play the same songs at all the venues, so I guess the "random guy" is somehow connected to GN'R.

If you wanna talk about what Papa Roach, Sebastian Bach, The Trews, Die Mannequin or Suicide Girls played, go to Bad Obsession.

You people are unbelievable.

I wanted to point out the great music somebody has picked to be played before GN'R hits the stage, but that's not a good idea because some of you are too hard headed to get it.

Let's go back to talking about how I'm a nazi and this place sucks.

Fuck it.

/jarmo
Is that music GN'R? Nope...guess it's not about them then, huh? Whether it's being played live, or over the speakers...they're both songs before GN'R goes on stage, that is not GN'R music. They're the exact same thing...well no it's not. The difference is you made the thread so of course it's ok even though it doesn't belong in this section any more then the other ones.

So I guess instead of trying to be condescending and a Nazi (btw, this place sucks hihi) you should open your eyes, because it's obvious YOU are the one who has lost the ability to read...or your just too fucking lazy.
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2006, 09:12:42 AM »

You must first understand that the rule was implemented to avoid clogging up every thread with what the opening bands play. 

Also, Jarmo has twice explained in a detailed manner how this IS different than going on and on about what the opening bands play. 

Anyway, I think some of these songs are really cool but I sometimes wonder if Axl (like a lot of people) promotes songs that even he doesn't like, simply because it's different and unique, and might open people up to other genres.

For instance, Slash might say "I hate that kind of music" but Axl might say "They're doing their own thing and it's different and that's what's great about it."

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 09:17:26 AM by Amish » Logged
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2006, 09:58:54 AM »

Alive - Pearl Jam
Whole Lotta Love - Led Zep
Lithium - Nirvana

played before they took the stage at Hammersmith. 
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2006, 10:08:39 AM »

poison - Alice Cooper before the concert in Greece

estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2006, 10:22:13 AM »

They played a ton of AC/DC before the Cleveland show.  My friend and I were actually talking about how they play AC/DC before every concert we have ever been to, and were wondering what they play before and AC/DC concert.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2006, 11:45:19 AM »

Not sure how this thread is different from talking about what the opening bands play, which we aren't allowed to do are we?

Think about it for a while. I'm sure it'll make sense.

#1 This isn't an show update thread.
#2 The songs are played at a GN'R show. Not by an opening act at an GN'R headlining gig.

Wow, there's a difference.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I follow you with number 1.  2 just makes my headspin.
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2006, 11:46:14 AM »

They played a ton of AC/DC before the Cleveland show.? My friend and I were actually talking about how they play AC/DC before every concert we have ever been to, and were wondering what they play before and AC/DC concert.

LOL.

I can't seem to remember hearing any music...  maybe I wasn't there in time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: