Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:50:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Music played before GN'R hits the stage
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music played before GN'R hits the stage  (Read 9514 times)
T_Roxie
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 10:36:37 AM »

They played The Cult, i think She Sells Sanctuary, at wembley (30th)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 10:37:10 AM »

Not sure how this thread is different from talking about what the opening bands play, which we aren't allowed to do are we?

Think about it for a while. I'm sure it'll make sense.

#1 This isn't an show update thread.
#2 The songs are played at a GN'R show. Not by an opening act at an GN'R headlining gig.

Wow, there's a difference.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

It's such a huge difference I got overwhelmed and confused by the vastness of space between them. Sorry.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Ghostface
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 11:06:18 AM »

I believe i've heard Blur with Song 2 in Nijmegen, but i'm not completely sure
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 11:16:19 AM »

Not sure how this thread is different from talking about what the opening bands play, which we aren't allowed to do are we?

Think about it for a while. I'm sure it'll make sense.

#1 This isn't an show update thread.
#2 The songs are played at a GN'R show. Not by an opening act at an GN'R headlining gig.

Wow, there's a difference.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

It's such a huge difference I got overwhelmed and confused by the vastness of space between them. Sorry.
I agree with you tap. We can talk about songs played by some random guy over the venue speakers but not about what bands opening for GN'R play. The only difference is one is live and the other is from a CD. The ones on the CD don't relate to GN'R any more than the openers (and probably less).
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 11:41:47 AM »

I believe i've heard Blur with Song 2 in Nijmegen, but i'm not completely sure

I'm sure you did.  That was played in NYC as well...
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 11:42:31 AM »

Black Betty - (Name of the band escapes me)
Shelter and Nobodys Fool - Cinderella
I wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 11:42:37 AM »

i'm pretty sure they played rage against the machine 'sleep now in the fire' at worchester. it was from that record anyhow.

"Killing in the Name Of" was played in NYC as well...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2006, 11:43:15 AM »

I remember they played Master of Puppets at the Paris show.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2006, 11:45:31 AM »

I agree with you tap. We can talk about songs played by some random guy over the venue speakers but not about what bands opening for GN'R play. The only difference is one is live and the other is from a CD. The ones on the CD don't relate to GN'R any more than the openers (and probably less).

What's wrong with you? Didn't I just explain why this thread was posted? Did you lose your ability to read or are you just too fucking lazy?

This isn't an show update thread. It's about the music played at a GN'R show.

Not about the music played by the opening act during their set opening for GN'R.

They play the same songs at all the venues, so I guess the "random guy" is somehow connected to GN'R.

If you wanna talk about what Papa Roach, Sebastian Bach, The Trews, Die Mannequin or Suicide Girls played, go to Bad Obsession.

You people are unbelievable.

I wanted to point out the great music somebody has picked to be played before GN'R hits the stage, but that's not a good idea because some of you are too hard headed to get it.

Let's go back to talking about how I'm a nazi and this place sucks.

Fuck it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »

They played
TNT- AC/DC

Also, the first night in Sunrise the show went on a little late and I noticed that they were playing the songs for a second time. Guess they ran out of CDs.  hihi

And Jarmo, exactally what can the Suicide Girls "play" Huh  hihi drool drool
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 11:55:54 AM »

Dude, I'm just messing with you. I haven't seen a single second of the opening bands at either show I saw this year, but I thought the DJ mix thing at Hammerstein was a great way to pump up the crowd. Have a nice thanksgiving, y'all have thanksgiving in Finland right Wink

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 11:56:22 AM »

What's wrong with you? Didn't I just explain why this thread was posted? Did you lose your ability to read or are you just too fucking lazy?

Not about the music played by the opening act during their set opening for GN'R.

They play the same songs at all the venues, so I guess the "random guy" is somehow connected to GN'R.

If you wanna talk about what Papa Roach, Sebastian Bach, The Trews, Die Mannequin or Suicide Girls played, go to Bad Obsession.

I wanted to point out the great music somebody has picked to be played before GN'R hits the stage, but that's not a good idea because some of you are too hard headed to get it.

/jarmo

But some of us aren't, and enjoy remembering the pre-show music. ?To me, it was a fantastic mix of rock, rap, and metal, and I'm glad to "re-live" the bits and pieces I remember before GnR hit the stage.

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 12:05:37 PM »

Let's go back to talking about how I'm a nazi and this place sucks.

Fuck it.

/jarmo

This thread was a good idea jarmo.  Don't worry about thoses who don't like it.  Fuck em.  They don't like it nobody is forcing them to stay. 
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2006, 12:06:52 PM »

In North America, they always played "99 Problems (but a bitch ain't one)" right after the Gn'R gig ended.

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
makane
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »

The Rolling Stones - Little T & A

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2006, 12:40:22 PM »

In NYC I remember hearing alot of Ozzy Osbourne too

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »

I remember at the Hammerstein in NYC, the music selection was much better that at MSG just a few weeks ago. At Hammerstein the music pumped you up, made ya sing and feel good. From what I remember of the garden show, the songs were kinda low key, nobody cheered the songs when they came on.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2006, 01:06:56 PM »

There was definately a lot of Back in Black being played and a good deal of Metallica as well. I seem to remember "Crazy Train" "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and a Queens of the Stone Age song too.  There was a little Zepplin thrown in. I can't remember that well but I did really dug the tunes they played. I liked the dj guy too. He played some rockin' stuff, but he did cut off "Purple Haze" after only 30 seconds or so at MSG and for this sin he must be found and hung. Sorry, but it must be done.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 01:12:07 PM »

In Tampa I remember TNT cause the crowd was chanting OY! along with it..
and they played Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry, and also Crazy Train...
Ohhh and cold heart bitch by Jet.

That's all I remember......  Wink

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
anythinggoes
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »

In North America, they always played "99 Problems (but a bitch ain't one)" right after the Gn'R gig ended.

i think they did in Europe too the End song was always the same one as you left the venue.

Ok so what happened with MSG then because the music there was different due to the Guys on the Mixing table who were they they must of been friends of the band as they were at the aftershow party as well
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: