Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone thought an EP might be possible?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone thought an EP might be possible?  (Read 3151 times)
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« on: November 23, 2006, 07:23:40 AM »

Think about it. the "Better EP"
Better
Catcher
IRS
The Blues and or Madagascar
one other maybe?

It would get the media off axl's back and would appease us if indeed the release has been put back to 2007. It would also be a way of putting out the songs which have been played live without damaging the suprise of CD. Its probably not going to happen lets be honest, but it wouldnt be the worse idea in the world would it? Having that oppose to a bonus disc on the album with those songs, which was an idea batted around before.

It will give them breathing room to add BBF and Frank to the album, a notion that i believe is a stronger possibilty than we realise after all i think axl wants his record to be by the band he is with now-can't see it settling well when Bucket, after quiting the band, get loads of publicity and adulation when people hear his input that lets be honest (again) is superb.
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 07:28:35 AM »

I think its been discussed and although yes i would buy it and welcome it it would also be like a major kick in the nuts at the same time so for now lets hope they dont
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 08:28:25 AM »

I would like some new songs, ones we haven't heard

if you are gonna put an ep out, it would most likely be for the hard core fans, so put a few songs that we haven't heard yet, or even some b-sides, just release some new music

although i would love a studio of MAdagascar

Behold, the evil that men do...
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 08:39:16 AM »

Other bands have done it BUT I doubt it would appease people unless a release date for the album coincided with the EP release.
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 09:37:05 AM »

Other bands have done it BUT I doubt it would appease people unless a release date for the album coincided with the EP release.

i totally agree.  at this point, yes it would be a good sign that something was being released, but if it isn't the album it's kind of pointless to everyone waiting to hear NEW new stuff.

that said, you know we would all run out and buy a shit in a glass box if it was an official release from the band ;-)

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 10:07:04 AM »

Hopefully they will not do this.
For a lot of people it would be like " Didn't i tell you?There is NO album!!!!! They just have 5 or 6 songs that will now appear on this EP. "

I don't think it would be a good idea....

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 01:49:24 PM »

It's possible.

Put the "leaks" on it and some covers. Add a video clip. I wouldn't mind at all.

Better than nothing  hihi
Megaguns
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:19:05 PM »

I dont think the biggest comeback of a band in rock n roll history is gonna be a crapy ep.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 03:20:35 PM »

I'm expecting everything....
including nothing happening....

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ben9785
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 04:46:17 PM »

Of course. It's been bought up time and time again. Even just a download only EP, or hell, forget an EP, as I said in another thread, even just some streaming tracks for download from the website. Of course it's ultimately their decision and whatever they've got planned, but ultimately it wouldn't do any harm. If they put it up as a download or whatever, it would be alot more informal, like "here's a preview of chinese democracy", and people would pass that link around, they wouldn't even need to really promote it or make a hype out of it, just a simple message on their website "new tracks available exclusively for download at xxxxx", and instead of it being a big fanfare or parade "HEY ITS A NEW GNR CD, ATTTAAAAAAACKKK", people can just kind of quietly consider for themselves,  until the cd comes.

Or man, they don't even need to put up an EP or multiple tracks. Even just start off with a download of the studio version of "Better", just that one song, so people can go online or whatever and see "oh cool, a new song, hey that's the song i heard at the concert, thats awesome, can't wait for the album" instead of coming here or mygnr or wherever else on the internet and seeing criticism and rumours and crap like that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:48:12 PM by ben114 » Logged
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »

Umm...no.

MATT
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 04:55:51 PM »

Or man, they don't even need to put up an EP or multiple tracks. Even just start off with a download of the studio version of "Better", just that one song, so people can go online or whatever and see "oh cool, a new song, hey that's the song i heard at the concert, thats awesome, can't wait for the album" instead of coming here or mygnr or wherever else on the internet and seeing criticism and rumours and crap like that.
The only reason people end up here is the lack of a release date.

If they would have one new single and a release date on the site, this board would become very quiet hihi
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 06:31:18 PM »

I'm all for hearing new music - even better, new mastered music - but I think that any EP would only undermine the eventual impact of the full album.  After years of waiting, I'd rather bide my time for the entire record...
ben9785
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 06:36:51 PM »

The only reason people end up here is the lack of a release date.

If they would have one new single and a release date on the site, this board would become very quiet hihi
Yeah that's what I mean though. I know the board would be very quiet, but at least people would have the information they were hoping for and come back later, rather than stirring everything up here, asking the same question a thousand times, abusing other people, cursing the management, threatening to boycott the band etc etc etc etc you know how it is.
ben9785
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

I'm all for hearing new music - even better, new mastered music - but I think that any EP would only undermine the eventual impact of the full album.  After years of waiting, I'd rather bide my time for the entire record...
Yeah, that's fair enough. But I'm suggesting, even just a download of the song "Better" by itself. It's the most well known of the new songs. In the Harley ad, the talking metal podcasts, and various show reviews and related band articles all highlight the song "Better", so it would make sense to at least get a complete, final, mastered, studio version of that song on their website, as a free download, not even an MP3, just as a streaming media file, hell even just for a limited time.. So people at least know the song and they know the album is still coming out
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 06:42:08 PM »

I'm all for hearing new music - even better, new mastered music - but I think that any EP would only undermine the eventual impact of the full album.? After years of waiting, I'd rather bide my time for the entire record...
Yeah, that's fair enough. But I'm suggesting, even just a download of the song "Better" by itself. It's the most well known of the new songs. In the Harley ad, the talking metal podcasts, and various show reviews and related band articles all highlight the song "Better", so it would make sense to at least get a complete, final, mastered, studio version of that song on their website, as a free download, not even an MP3, just as a streaming media file, hell even just for a limited time.. So people at least know the song and they know the album is still coming out

And I'm totally behind that.  It's a fantastic song, and I'm all for getting it out there.  A single could only help promote the eventual album release...I just think that a full-on EP wouldn't be the smartest move at this point.  Not that I know what the hell I'm talking about, of course...    beer
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »

LOL...uh..NO ?rofl
ben9785
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »

And I'm totally behind that.  It's a fantastic song, and I'm all for getting it out there.  A single could only help promote the eventual album release...I just think that a full-on EP wouldn't be the smartest move at this point.  Not that I know what the hell I'm talking about, of course...    beer

Nah, that's pretty reasonable. They can still maintain their mystery and shit. At most, it'd just be like us downloading the demos of the song, except legal lol
Hysteron
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 10:05:42 PM »

An EP would be a good idea to get some good non-album songs out there.
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 11:54:55 PM »

An EP would be a good idea to get some good non-album songs out there.

well non-album songs = not really good songs = not a good way to put out the only new songs in 5+ years from a band...

imagine people saying "all those years for this?"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: