Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ever fooled someone on a band's nature on purpose?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ever fooled someone on a band's nature on purpose?  (Read 2636 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 23, 2006, 01:34:46 AM »

I've gotten people to listen to a lot of metal bands that have classicalesque song intros, and they're shocked when the metal comes out.  hihi I've also gotten some people to enjoy Skrewdriver for a while, at least until I tell them that they're enjoying one of the most racist bands to ever exist.  rofl They're hypocritical when they change their attitude so quickly about music because of that.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:14:42 PM »

I've gotten people to listen to a lot of metal bands that have classicalesque song intros, and they're shocked when the metal comes out.? hihi I've also gotten some people to enjoy Skrewdriver for a while, at least until I tell them that they're enjoying one of the most racist bands to ever exist.? rofl They're hypocritical when they change their attitude so quickly about music because of that.

I refuse to believe you have the capacity to fool anyone - though maybe from a distance some people find it difficult to tell your a rascist, maybe you could enlarge your swastika tatoo to help these people out?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:53:25 PM »

LOL OMGZZ ROFLBAGS!!  Yes, I fool people like this all the time!  It is the coolest... You ain't cool unless you fool someone on a band's nature on purpose.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »

One of Pantera's songs, This Love, is especially suited for this purpose. It starts out slow, with some clean singing, and then it just EXPLODES into that aggressive chorus. The two Suicide Note songs are also great for this. The first one is bluesy and calm, and the second one is probably the angriest song ever written. Pantera were great at abruptly changing styles like that.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »

there are people that don't know pantera are heavy Undecided I'm confused....if i wanna introduce somthing to somebody i usually take their most radio freindly tune and play it for them (cemetery gates for pantera) ....this love isn't about racism though ... it's about a hooker ...in fact i'm pretty sure phil doesn't sing about that shit .... at all... Wink

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

How about 'Dusk Falls Upon the Temple of the Serpent on the Mount of Sunrise' by Nile  hihi

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 07:31:25 PM »

That's a good one. Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: