Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  What is your favourite GNR T-Shirt??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is your favourite GNR T-Shirt??  (Read 5555 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« on: November 22, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »

GNR had some fuckin' amazing T-Shirts, as a young fan back in '88 I was always buying them. The earlier T-Shirts before UYI, in my opinion, were the best. My all time favourite was the skull with the needles and pistols sticking out of it, there was a rose on it too. I also liked the GNR Jack Daniels label one and the Appetite cross was cool, the new Appetite cross T-Shirts look different now, the colours are too bright on them, the ones I've seen anyway. What was or is your favourite?

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:47:37 PM »

GNR had some fuckin' amazing T-Shirts, as a young fan back in '88 I was always buying them. The earlier T-Shirts before UYI, in my opinion, were the best. My all time favourite was the skull with the needles and pistols sticking out of it, there was a rose on it too. I also liked the GNR Jack Daniels label one and the Appetite cross was cool, the new Appetite cross T-Shirts look different now, the colours are too bright on them, the ones I've seen anyway. What was or is your favourite?

the colors arent too bright, the shirts just arent worn out yet
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

My avatar is the front of my shirt with "North American Tour 2006" on the back.. I like that one..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:56:54 PM »

My favorite is the one of "original" shirts.  The one with the bullet logo on the front, and the spray paint "Guns n Roses was here" on the back. Classic and simple.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 07:03:21 PM »

I did consider that but I stll think they used deeper colours on the old ones. I remember buying one new years ago and it definately looked darker but I can't prove it so it doesn't really matter

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

My favorite is the one of "original" shirts. The one with the bullet logo on the front, and the spray paint "Guns n Roses was here" on the back. Classic and simple.

Yes it was a classic, it's such a cool logo, really striking

fixintodie
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 08:33:08 PM »

I did consider that but I stll think they used deeper colours on the old ones. I remember buying one new years ago and it definately looked darker but I can't prove it so it doesn't really matter

Oh man, the Jack Daniels one. That was really cool, albeit for 5 minutes before everyone and their dog had one. I like the new one I picked up - the neon logo longsleeved European one with the Chinese letters up the sleeves. But some of the rare ones are really cool, like the tie dye one I saw someone on the Appetite for Collection forum had picked up.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 12:04:48 AM »

It'd have to be the one in the bottom, right hand side, the yellow GUNS one. In 8 years of searching eBay, I have NEVER seen another like it. Got it from my Dad who got it at the 1987 St. Paul show. I"ve had it since I was in 4th grade, and I'm a Senior this year (12th grade)

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 03:43:33 AM »

My favourite shirt is the one with the banned Appetite cover (robot rape scene) on the front and "Guns N' Roses was here" (spraycan look) at the back. I own this shirt now for years and it's still in great condition.

Where's Axl?
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 03:48:41 AM »

My favourite T-Shirt will be on Ebay in the next couple of days for SALE.....

Its the Axl 'One in a million' / Lies T-Shirt. Its well worn to be honest, but I am told rare as rocking horse shit... Grin

I was told that brokum(sp) were asked to remove it from sale due to the controversy surrounding the song 'one in a million'

So keep your eye's peeled.... I will post a link on here when the Shirt is listed aswell as other GN'R shirts....

Keep em under your wheels.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 04:26:01 AM »

The 'Bad Apples' -shirt from the Skin n' Bones tour is nice.. but there's lot more amazing shirts, like the LA-shirt '01 on that pic Axlander posted. I'd like to have it yes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 04:39:12 AM »

my fav t shirts is either my AFD one or one from the 02 UK shows, where it has the gnr lettering and star printed over the union jack, it rocks ok

@ Birmingham NEC, UK 25.07.06
@ Birmingham NEC, UK 17.10.10

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87
www.freewebs.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 08:07:57 AM »

It'd have to be the one in the bottom, right hand side, the yellow GUNS one. In 8 years of searching eBay, I have NEVER seen another like it. Got it from my Dad who got it at the 1987 St. Paul show. I"ve had it since I was in 4th grade, and I'm a Senior this year (12th grade)

I think the shirt you are looking at is a bootleg copy of the Shirt Axl wore at Donington 1988. It doesn't look official to me. Still a nice momento.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 10:21:32 AM »

No..my Dad bought it at the St. Paul show in '87. If it was a bootleg shirt, there'd have been more around. And I have never seen another one.

meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »

I am not knocking it, like I said it is a cool momento.. The only reason I thought it was a bootleg was because I have exactly the same designed shirt but with slightly different colours, licenced through 'brokum'. Mine is identical to the one axl wore in the Paradise City Vid from Donington 88. I have never seen one with the colours of your shirt.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 11:45:05 AM »

I am not knocking it, like I said it is a cool momento.. The only reason I thought it was a bootleg was because I have exactly the same designed shirt but with slightly different colours, licenced through 'brokum'. Mine is identical to the one axl wore in the Paradise City Vid from Donington 88. I have never seen one with the colours of your shirt.

Yeah..I know what you meant, the colors are hella faded on mine, it's 19 years old (older then me) :lol:

Better pictures (Front/Back);

XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »

I just got a shirt from my Unlce who works at MSG in NYC as a stagehand. GnR gave out "crew" shirts to all the guys. He gave his to me, its pretty cool, and I would imagine a fairly rare shirt. Its all red with the new GnR star over the heart. The words Guns N' Roses World Tour Crew 2006/7 are around it. If I remember I will scan it for you guys to see.
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 01:57:49 PM »

I had a cool one as a kid that I ordered via Circus Magazine I think that said Stoned in La and had the band on it... Great shirt I would love to have it again. 

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »

I had a cool one as a kid that I ordered via Circus Magazine I think that said Stoned in La and had the band on it... Great shirt I would love to have it again. 

I just bought that one on eBay the other week. They pop up every so often.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 05:52:02 PM »

I think the shirt you are looking at is a bootleg copy of the Shirt Axl wore at Donington 1988. It doesn't look official to me. Still a nice momento.

I've never seen that T-Shirt with the lettering like that, its not the Guns n Roses font that was on the one Axl wore, that's the one I have too but it's interesting to see that version

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: