Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 127598 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2005, 03:29:45 PM »

every song is brilliant.. it took me about 4 weeks to realise this.

U've had an album released 2 days ago - for 4 weeks? Sure.

It did leak about 4 weeks ago on the internet.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2005, 03:38:21 PM »

Yeah, that's when I got it.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2005, 03:46:40 PM »

Just checking

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2005, 06:45:47 PM »

The audience was great, no stupid metal heads, just good people. It was a Rock show with Rock lovers.

I resent that nesquick Angry, why the fuck would metal heads be at an Oasis concert anyway??!!
I listen to Jeff Buckly and even Fleetwood Mac dude, and i happen to be a huge metal head too!!!why are we stupid??

Oasis have good stuff, but i strongly cannot agree that Liam is one of the greatest, best live front men ever.................................he does nothin', except think he's the biggest rock god on earth.

Has anyone seen(.........ahh shit, cant remember name) a dvd about Oasis and Blur and the whole early 90's pop scene, Liam sittin' all pretty speaks shit and admitts he is infact John Lennon in his past life....and now John Lennon is him.   I've never heard anyone so up them selves and taken the whole rock god thing straight to there bloody head!!

Someone needs to stop taken his shit and head but him for a change!!

And to be honest, i really like Noels singing, havent heard them all but Dont Look Back in Anger does it for me Cool
I remember when that came out, i couldnt stop listening to it!! ok

« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:11:44 PM by Cl6in6tr6oN - Shapelle under attack » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2005, 07:16:38 PM »

I like Rockstars. A liam Gallagher is better for Rock n' Roll than any other Rock frontman over the last 10 years. Don't take him too seriously when he speaks. Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2005, 07:24:58 PM »

Oasis is NOT rock n' roll buddy...

pop rock is more like it. there's a big difference man..........tell me, how can he be the greatest frontman when he doesnt move or egnolage the crowd at all.
Im really curious, give us an idea WHY he is the greatest, im not trying to be a smart arse, i just wanna hear your oppinion dude, cause i just cant see it!!

Off topic - why are metal heads stupid nesquick, i think a majority here like that genre, back up your words please!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:26:44 PM by Cl6in6tr6oN - Shapelle under attack » Logged

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2005, 07:35:23 PM »

oasis is a  rock in roll band. ok

And metal heads aren't stupid.

after a few more listens to"Dont Believe the Truth" it very well could be the album of the year.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:57:07 PM by timothy » Logged

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

Oasis is a Rock band, definitely.
About metal-heads, I don't want to talk about them. bad experiences you know... a bunch of stupid assholes (and I still stay polite) with whom I had troubles a while ago. That's personal reasons.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:55:52 PM by nesquick » Logged

ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2005, 07:57:26 PM »

what...are we like a nightbreed from midian that attack on site hihi

i think im the first metal head you WOULD get along with dude, if you've met one prick metal head, dont let that acount for all of us!!!!
If they see you again, just take it and stand up for what you beleive in man!! fuck em'

Oasis - pop rock  in there own words!!

GNR(eg.) - Rn'R ok
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:59:49 PM by Cl6in6tr6oN - Shapelle under attack » Logged

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2005, 06:44:03 AM »

what...are we like a nightbreed from midian that attack on site hihi

i think im the first metal head you WOULD get along with dude, if you've met one prick metal head, dont let that acount for all of us!!!!
If they see you again, just take it and stand up for what you beleive in man!! fuck em'

Oasis - pop rock  in there own words!!

GNR(eg.) - Rn'R ok

Definitely Maybe is one of the greatest ROCK N ROLL albums ever made
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2005, 08:30:57 AM »

I resent that nesquick Angry, why the fuck would metal heads be at an Oasis concert anyway??!!

Good point...

Oasis is NOT rock n' roll buddy...

Normal service resumed Roll Eyes

Actually Oasis are trip-hop hihi

They are the very definition of a rock n roll band

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2005, 10:12:27 PM »

DBTT- Debuted at #12 on billboards top albums chart. With 65,000 copies sold in the first week.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2005, 10:25:07 PM »

DBTT- Debuted at #12 on billboards top albums chart. With 65,000 copies sold in the first week.

Nice that pretty damn good .cosidering I don't think they got that much promo for this album.

Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2005, 06:23:23 AM »

I?m not a fan of these guys, only own two albums and I?m not tempted to own more. I?ve only heard Lyla and it?s ok.....sounds a bit like Sreet Fighting Man by the Stones.

and what two albums are those? they are one of the greatest bands of all time. All their albums fucking rock

Definitely Maybe
Whats the Story Morning glory?
Be Here Now
The Masterplan
Standing On The Shoulder of Giants
Heathen Chemistry
Dont Believe The Truth

Now come on that's just a lie. 'The Masterplan' and especially '...Shoulders Of Giants' are absolute shite. Even Noel said '...Shoulders Of Giants' was shite. Although he doesn't like 'Be Here Now' either, but that is good.

'Morning Glory' is the best IMO.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2005, 12:21:11 PM »

I?m not a fan of these guys, only own two albums and I?m not tempted to own more. I?ve only heard Lyla and it?s ok.....sounds a bit like Sreet Fighting Man by the Stones.

and what two albums are those? they are one of the greatest bands of all time. All their albums fucking rock

Definitely Maybe
Whats the Story Morning glory?
Be Here Now
The Masterplan
Standing On The Shoulder of Giants
Heathen Chemistry
Dont Believe The Truth

Now come on that's just a lie. 'The Masterplan' and especially '...Shoulders Of Giants' are absolute shite. Even Noel said '...Shoulders Of Giants' was shite. Although he doesn't like 'Be Here Now' either, but that is good.

'Morning Glory' is the best IMO.

When Standing on the shoulder of giants came out though, Noel said "Its the best thing we've done since DM."  Which is the same fucking thing he says when every album comes out.  Be Here Now is probably my favorite album.  But I like every Oasis album a lot so its hard to choose.  To keep this on the subject of the new album, anyone that likes Don't believe the truth, you need to find the songs, Pass me down the wine and Won't let you down.  Won't let you down is one of the b-sides to Lyla and Pass me down the wine is and itunes bonus track.  CHECK THEM OUT!!!!

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »

I don't want to comment on the new album yet as I haven't heard it.  But I have heard Lyla and that song is a fu(king embarrasment.  Oasis the best band in this country?  If so it somes the UK up at the moment - shitehole.  Where's the Oasis that used to be good?  They used to write decent songs once upon a time.  Since WTSMG they've had about 1 decent song per album.  They need to quit big time, before they really fade from memory.  I'm sure they're only popular in England because they get tremendous amounts of marketing and they have a huge reputation.  Chavs lap it up even though they don't understand that they've been releasing shite for nearly 10 years.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2005, 10:52:24 PM »

I'm probably the only American in this thread, but the wife and I just got back from Chicago yesterday.  We went all the way there (8 hour drive) to see Oasis.  She has been a huge fan since they first came out, and I started getting into them a few years ago.  DBTT is a kickass album, no matter what anyone in here says and it's been the only thing that's been able to tear me away from NIN's new one.

The show on Monday absolutely rocked and had one of the best, most clear soundsystems I've ever heard at a concert.  You could actually make out everything that Liam and Noel (for the most part) were singing.  Great show...in my top three concerts I've ever been to...even though the wife and I felt pretty old in the college-kid crowd.

Oh...and the "no beer" thing sucked too.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2005, 05:54:21 AM »

The show on Monday absolutely rocked and had one of the best, most clear soundsystems I've ever heard at a concert.? You could actually make out everything that Liam and Noel (for the most part) were singing
I noticed that point too. Oasis have a fantastic clear live sound, sometimes I had the impression the sound quality was studio while they were playing. ok
technically they were outrageously perfect. Liam Gallagher is the best singer I've ever seen "Live", he doesn't move a lot, but it's hard to beat him on vocals. They sounded definitely better than VR (way too loud, the sound wasn't clear, I couldn't hear scott, it was like listening to a C- bootleg at 150 db) even if considering the energy and the stage presence, VR was better though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 06:01:39 AM by nesquick » Logged

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2005, 04:11:53 PM »

I'm probably the only American in this thread, but the wife and I just got back from Chicago yesterday.  We went all the way there (8 hour drive) to see Oasis.  She has been a huge fan since they first came out, and I started getting into them a few years ago.  DBTT is a kickass album, no matter what anyone in here says and it's been the only thing that's been able to tear me away from NIN's new one.

The show on Monday absolutely rocked and had one of the best, most clear soundsystems I've ever heard at a concert.  You could actually make out everything that Liam and Noel (for the most part) were singing.  Great show...in my top three concerts I've ever been to...even though the wife and I felt pretty old in the college-kid crowd.

Oh...and the "no beer" thing sucked too.

I went and saw them in Rochester, right outside of Detroit, last Saturday.  It was one of the best shows I have ever seen.  I've seen a ton of concerts and the only one I can think that I actually had a better time at was GNR in Cleveland '02.  I was in awe that whole time though cause it was fuckin GNR.  Anyway, Oasis did put on a hell of show when I saw them  and I hear the Madison Square Garden show last night in NYC was amazing as well.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2005, 12:52:51 PM »

...but were you allowed to drink.  No beer at the UIC Pavillion was really strange to the wife and myself.  Liam even commented about it before doing "Cigarettes And Alchohol".

-D

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: