Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2024, 03:33:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228088 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 118652 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2006, 08:24:45 AM »

They have a thread, you know...no need polluting this section

Oh, and you're wrong

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
keenly
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #401 on: September 18, 2006, 08:36:04 AM »

They have a thread, you know...no need polluting this section

Oh, and you're wrong

No i'm not wrong;
I have the originals and the oasis tracks on my media player back to back!
Nearly very track OF EVERY ALBUM takes at least one instrument part from another song!
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #402 on: September 18, 2006, 08:37:41 AM »

I'm actually not into oasis, but surely you can deconstruct the music of most rock bands and find stuff its similar to.
keenly
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #403 on: September 18, 2006, 08:39:36 AM »

I'm actually not into oasis, but surely you can deconstruct the music of most rock bands and find stuff its similar to.

Yeah sure every one has done it a few times but Oasis have literally stolen 80% of all their material; NO JOKE!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #404 on: September 18, 2006, 08:43:21 AM »

Where have u lot been for 12 years?

Hello - we know.

Oasis know, its deliberate - Dont look back in ager has the piano intro from 'Imagine', and there's a dozen more

and?

They are obsessed with the Beatles - Liam claims to be John Lennon reincarnated hihi - its their way of doing a homage to bands they like

The amount of these threads we get - do people honestly think they are the first people in the world to notice?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #405 on: September 18, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

After much speculation Oasis announce the final track listing for their definitive collection Stop The Clocks.

Unlike most albums of this nature, Oasis have sat down and undertaken the almost impossible job of picking what they consider to be their finest moments ever. So Stop The Clock is imbued with the sort of wilfulness that has helped make Oasis the favourite band of millions of people worldwide and its running order will no doubt provoke equal parts adulation and bar discussions from the millions of Oasis fans worldwide. Could it ever be any other way? Oasis have been at the helm of the world's music scene for over ten years and, on 20th November 2006 the first ever Oasis retrospective will draw together the years of multi platinum albums, Number One singles and, unique to Oasis, instantly familiar B sides into one 18 track double album entitled Stop the Clocks.

So here it is. The tracks as chosen by the band themselves - the songs they believe encapsulate their remarkable career to date.

Rock n Roll Star
Some Might Say
Talk Tonight
Lyla
The Importance of Being Idle
Wonderwall
Slide Away
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Masterplan
Live Forever
Acquiesce
Supersonic
Half The World Away
Go Let It Out
Songbird
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Don't Look Back In Anger
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #406 on: September 19, 2006, 04:44:30 PM »

There 90s albums are just great, they were a great band, especially the first 2 albums. Great songs, sounded great live (however they just stood there like they do now lol which is boring)

i can see why they were so big, i just think they blew it by getting too big headed early on.

html sucks
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #407 on: September 20, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »

Oasis - main Road 1996 - Manchester. probbaly their best gig ever. Oasis at their very, very best. Watch that video. it's classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwvoIPt5qYs

it's very impressive to hear a whole stadium singing along... people sing so loud...

Dawn, they were so great at that time!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 09:40:52 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #408 on: September 20, 2006, 01:48:43 PM »

After much speculation Oasis announce the final track listing for their definitive collection Stop The Clocks.

Unlike most albums of this nature, Oasis have sat down and undertaken the almost impossible job of picking what they consider to be their finest moments ever. So Stop The Clock is imbued with the sort of wilfulness that has helped make Oasis the favourite band of millions of people worldwide and its running order will no doubt provoke equal parts adulation and bar discussions from the millions of Oasis fans worldwide. Could it ever be any other way? Oasis have been at the helm of the world's music scene for over ten years and, on 20th November 2006 the first ever Oasis retrospective will draw together the years of multi platinum albums, Number One singles and, unique to Oasis, instantly familiar B sides into one 18 track double album entitled Stop the Clocks.

So here it is. The tracks as chosen by the band themselves - the songs they believe encapsulate their remarkable career to date.

Rock n Roll Star
Some Might Say
Talk Tonight
Lyla
Wonderwall
Slide Away
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Masterplan
Live Forever
Acquiesce
Supersonic
Half The World Away
Go Let It Out
Songbird
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Don't Look Back In Anger

Terrible, just terrible

Might as well have been assembled by someone who hates the band, the awful Layla and Talk Tonight instead of D'ya know what i mean and All around the world

Laughable

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #409 on: September 20, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »

Rock n Roll Star
Some Might Say
Talk Tonight
Lyla
Wonderwall
Slide Away
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Masterplan
Live Forever
Acquiesce
Supersonic
Half The World Away
Go Let It Out
Songbird
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Don't Look Back In Anger

Terrible, just terrible

Might as well have been assembled by someone who hates the band, the awful Layla and Talk Tonight instead of D'ya know what i mean and All around the world

Laughable

Talk tonight is an awesome tune, D'ya know what i mean and All around the world aren't anything special

That's a hatrick for Doull
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #410 on: September 20, 2006, 05:07:58 PM »

I think the tracklisting is pretty good, but they did leave some notable songs out. I would have included D'You Know What I Mean, Whatever, Don't Go Away,  Where Did It All Go Wrong, The Hindu Times, and Roll With It. I think All Around The World is medicore but it would have made sense to include that, too. I love Talk Tonight (one of my fave  Oasis tunes) but I don't know how that and Half The World Away made it before any of the songs I mentioned. It's a 2 disc set so its disappointing they didn't add more songs.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2006, 08:43:57 AM »

i'm not gonna complain. my list would've probably seen half the songs listed replaced but i'm not bothered. if the band can honestly say this is what they want to have on their definitive collection then fair play to them.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: September 22, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »

I'm just pissed off that "Stop the Clocks" and "The Boy with the Blues" aren't on here. I won't be buying this album now as I already have everything on it. They should have at least thrown on their cover of "My Generation". I think Noel put this tracklisting together to hurt sales for Sony. How can they have a best of without "D'Ya Know What I Mean". I'm so pissed off about this compilation. Axl really needs to release Chinese Democracy soon. 
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #413 on: September 23, 2006, 11:35:39 AM »

I'm just pissed off that "Stop the Clocks" and "The Boy with the Blues" aren't on here. I won't be buying this album now as I already have everything on it. They should have at least thrown on their cover of "My Generation". I think Noel put this tracklisting together to hurt sales for Sony. How can they have a best of without "D'Ya Know What I Mean". I'm so pissed off about this compilation. Axl really needs to release Chinese Democracy soon.?

my thoughts exactly - the lack of any new material renders this release pointless, other than to end a dispute with the label....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #414 on: September 23, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »

Yeah, I don't get why Oasis didn't include Stop the Clocks on the cd titled Stop The Clocks. Very disappointing.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #415 on: September 23, 2006, 03:09:23 PM »

Yeah, I don't get why Oasis didn't include Stop the Clocks on the cd titled Stop The Clocks. Very disappointing.

That does fucking suck. The only new thing on this CD will be a re-recorded version of Acquiesce, which to me isn't worth the money.  The whole idea of a greatest hits CD from Oasis pisses me off because I know that Noel NEVER wanted to release a GH until the bad was DONE.  He hates how bands sometimes have like 3 or more greatest hits albums. But of course Sony made him eat his words on that one and he has no choice now.  BTW, while we're on this Oasis topic, has anyone seen the movie 'Goal'??  Oasis did a few songs for this soundtrack and a couple of those were new mixes of Morning Glory and Cast No Shadow. The 'New' exclusive song to the soundtrack was 'Who Put the Weight of the World on My Shoulders', which I enjoy and if anyone needs a copy of it, PM me.  It's a Noel song by the way for those that don't have it (I know Izzy, you don't like Noel songs, or have they grown on you yet?).   ANYWAY, back to my reason for asking the question, I just saw the movie at the store on DVD and I didn't realize that it was that major of a release and just wondered if it was any good?? So if anyone here has seen it, let me know what you thought if you don't mind. Thanks.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
keenly
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #416 on: September 23, 2006, 04:32:27 PM »

That does fucking suck. The only new thing on this CD will be a re-recorded version of Acquiesce, which to me isn't worth the money.? The whole idea of a greatest hits CD from Oasis pisses me off because I know that Noel NEVER wanted to release a GH until the bad was DONE.? He hates how bands sometimes have like 3 or more greatest hits albums. But of course Sony made him eat his words on that one and he has no choice now.? BTW, while we're on this Oasis topic, has anyone seen the movie 'Goal'Huh Oasis did a few songs for this soundtrack and a couple of those were new mixes of Morning Glory and Cast No Shadow. The 'New' exclusive song to the soundtrack was 'Who Put the Weight of the World on My Shoulders', which I enjoy and if anyone needs a copy of it, PM me.? It's a Noel song by the way for those that don't have it (I know Izzy, you don't like Noel songs, or have they grown on you yet?).? ?ANYWAY, back to my reason for asking the question, I just saw the movie at the store on DVD and I didn't realize that it was that major of a release and just wondered if it was any good?? So if anyone here has seen it, let me know what you thought if you don't mind. Thanks.

noel's already made money from  other band's music; why not make more?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #417 on: September 25, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »

That does fucking suck. The only new thing on this CD will be a re-recorded version of Acquiesce, which to me isn't worth the money.? The whole idea of a greatest hits CD from Oasis pisses me off because I know that Noel NEVER wanted to release a GH until the bad was DONE.? He hates how bands sometimes have like 3 or more greatest hits albums. But of course Sony made him eat his words on that one and he has no choice now.?

There is supposed to be a limited edition DVD with the GH so maybe that will make it worth it.  I wonder if the fact that Noel doesn't want to release a GH is the reason why he didn't include any new songs. I don't know why he chose Stop the Clocks as the title though when he knows the fans would be looking for that sonbg.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »

New Acquiesce video here: http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/

Pretty disappointing? no

Lord Slow Me Down clip here: http://mfile.akamai.com/1689/wmv/bmguk.download.akamai.com/1689/oasis/oasis_512k.asx 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 12:49:41 PM by Acquiesce » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #419 on: October 05, 2006, 01:14:56 PM »

That does fucking suck. The only new thing on this CD will be a re-recorded version of Acquiesce, which to me isn't worth the money.? The whole idea of a greatest hits CD from Oasis pisses me off because I know that Noel NEVER wanted to release a GH until the bad was DONE.? He hates how bands sometimes have like 3 or more greatest hits albums. But of course Sony made him eat his words on that one and he has no choice now.? BTW, while we're on this Oasis topic, has anyone seen the movie 'Goal'Huh Oasis did a few songs for this soundtrack and a couple of those were new mixes of Morning Glory and Cast No Shadow. The 'New' exclusive song to the soundtrack was 'Who Put the Weight of the World on My Shoulders', which I enjoy and if anyone needs a copy of it, PM me.? It's a Noel song by the way for those that don't have it (I know Izzy, you don't like Noel songs, or have they grown on you yet?).? ?ANYWAY, back to my reason for asking the question, I just saw the movie at the store on DVD and I didn't realize that it was that major of a release and just wondered if it was any good?? So if anyone here has seen it, let me know what you thought if you don't mind. Thanks.

Nah - Noel songs havent grown on me

Its Liam's delivery that makes the songs

Though Liam has lost his decent voice judging by DBTT...but if Axl can get it back then.....maybe....definetly maybe.....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 07:11:30 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: