Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:34:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 119346 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2006, 03:20:57 PM »

A little bit of interesting (to say the least) news...

AT& T has paid Oasis $1 million so they can use their song "All Around The World" in a tv commercial. I don't really care about this, I'm not gonna trash a band for making the most out of their songs (besides, I do like Oasis), however, Liam called Jack White (from the White stripes) a sellout cause he's wrote a song for a Coca-cola commercial...

http://es.news.yahoo.com/13022006/183/oasis-firman-contrato-millonario-anuncio.html

(sorry, the link it's in spanish)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »

Funny - but u lot are the only people i've run into who care for Bring it on down

For me, its Oasis 2nd best tune (Live forever of course no.1), but no one seems to like Bring it on down - i suppose its good ol' hard rock and the kind of stuff as GNR fans we really like

The riffs are the best thing ever, so much power there, always annoys me when people dismiss the track as filler

Apparently Bring it on down was to be the first single...

i love bring it on down! fuckin love it

i was at the sheffield gig on 9th of feb n when they played it i went mental

That's a hatrick for Doull
Stones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2006, 09:09:09 PM »

I'm seeing Oasis here in Hong Kong in 9 days. (Feb. 25th)  ok
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #363 on: February 25, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »

a heart wrenching performance of stand by me by the pool, after guigsy and bonehead left the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aERblxh4aA&search=oasis%20stand%20by%20me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #364 on: February 25, 2006, 04:16:47 PM »

Been reading a fantastic book about Oasis and it settles that age old question as to why 'Whatever' wasn't on DM - as i suspected they didn't have the time or money to record it untill later when the string parts could be done

Intrestingly it was one of the first lot of Oasis songs written...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #365 on: February 25, 2006, 04:31:37 PM »

have you got the definitely maybe dvd? interestingly theres a 20 second clip of oasis playing All Around The World in 1992-93.

Its strongly believed that noel wrote the first three albums and all the b-sides whilst he was learning his trade by being a roadie for the inspiral carpets.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #366 on: February 25, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »

Why is the new album so wank? lol

html sucks
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #367 on: February 25, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

Been reading a fantastic book about Oasis and it settles that age old question as to why 'Whatever' wasn't on DM - as i suspected they didn't have the time or money to record it untill later when the string parts could be done

Intrestingly it was one of the first lot of Oasis songs written...

bloody love that song, cant get hold of it tho, any1 have it? could add me on msn n send it me?

cheers

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #368 on: February 25, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »

Why don't you like the new album?? I think there are some of the best songs Noel has written in years and Liam is even starting to come around as a song writer.  Gem is pretty solid also.  Its very different to me for some reason.  I really wish Noel would go back to writing the majority of the songs, maybe like 6 or 7 and leaving just a few for Liam, Gem and Andy.  I don't know.  I've been a huge Oasis fan for 10 years and I think my opinion is pretty biased when it comes to them.  I think almost everything they have done is great.  DM could have been a perfect album if they would have just left off 'Digsys'.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2006, 06:26:20 AM »

have you got the definitely maybe dvd? interestingly theres a 20 second clip of oasis playing All Around The World in 1992-93.

Its strongly believed that noel wrote the first three albums and all the b-sides whilst he was learning his trade by being a roadie for the inspiral carpets.

Hmmm - however early bootlegs show Oasis were truly dire even with Noel and it took some time before the lyrics and songs started working

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2006, 06:30:11 AM »

Why don't you like the new album?? I think there are some of the best songs Noel has written in years and Liam is even starting to come around as a song writer.? Gem is pretty solid also.? Its very different to me for some reason.? I really wish Noel would go back to writing the majority of the songs, maybe like 6 or 7 and leaving just a few for Liam, Gem and Andy.? I don't know.? I've been a huge Oasis fan for 10 years and I think my opinion is pretty biased when it comes to them.? I think almost everything they have done is great.? DM could have been a perfect album if they would have just left off 'Digsys'.

Digsys Dinner rocks! I love that song, the final track should have been cut - it doesn't fit the album and is a poor quality recording

As for the new album - dreadful stuff, its not Oasis, all the components that made an album an Oasis album are missing

And those awful lyrics! 'your love's like a bomb blowing my mind' wtf?

No one but Noel should write lyrics, the others have zero talent

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2006, 07:25:21 AM »

Why don't you like the new album?? I think there are some of the best songs Noel has written in years and Liam is even starting to come around as a song writer.? Gem is pretty solid also.? Its very different to me for some reason.? I really wish Noel would go back to writing the majority of the songs, maybe like 6 or 7 and leaving just a few for Liam, Gem and Andy.? I don't know.? I've been a huge Oasis fan for 10 years and I think my opinion is pretty biased when it comes to them.? I think almost everything they have done is great.? DM could have been a perfect album if they would have just left off 'Digsys'.

Digsys Dinner rocks! I love that song, the final track should have been cut - it doesn't fit the album and is a poor quality recording

As for the new album - dreadful stuff, its not Oasis, all the components that made an album an Oasis album are missing

THE NEW ALBUM IS GOOD, A BIT OF A MIXTURE, SOME WEAK AND SOME AWESOME

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2006, 07:56:27 AM »

Why don't you like the new album?? I think there are some of the best songs Noel has written in years and Liam is even starting to come around as a song writer.  Gem is pretty solid also.  Its very different to me for some reason.  I really wish Noel would go back to writing the majority of the songs, maybe like 6 or 7 and leaving just a few for Liam, Gem and Andy.  I don't know.  I've been a huge Oasis fan for 10 years and I think my opinion is pretty biased when it comes to them.  I think almost everything they have done is great.  DM could have been a perfect album if they would have just left off 'Digsys'.

THE NEW ALBUM IS GOOD, A BIT OF A MIXTURE, SOME WEAK AND SOME AWESOME

You mean all weak lol

html sucks
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2006, 02:16:55 PM »

The new album is alright, nothing special. I don't believe it's better then anything else. It might be better then Be Here

It's got about 3 good songs, other then that, they stray away from what made them great... a little too much experimentation on their part.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #374 on: March 03, 2006, 03:17:24 PM »

Liam looking cool as fuck recently, interview below. (in the transcript noel's name is changed to Dwayne, a word filter from another forum,lol)

Our team at MILK has never been so nervous before; not only because Oasis is one of the most influential rock groups around, but also our personal affections with the band itself. Oasis was the soundtrack of our youths.

This is Liam Gallagher's first cover feature with the Hong Kong media - a truly historical and defining moment. Furthermore, we have managed to witness Liam's becoming of age. Once characterised as a Tazmanian devil with a volatile temper and over-the-top arrogance, he was today suprisingly calm but still confident as ever - perhaps a sign of recognition of the band's current status and values. As Oasis returns to form, a new wave of British bands are also emerging in 2006. The future, it seems, is looking bright once again.

Seems like you have fallen in love with the guitar?
L: I wouldn't say I can play the guitar, I'm just doing my best, man. I've done it for a few years anyway, but I don't think I'll ever play the guitar on stage. It aint something I'm good at.

But you've written loads of songs right? Will we see more of your tunes in the next album?
L: Sure you will. I've got a lot of unfinished bits and pieces. Gonna need sometime to turn them into proper tunes though.

We heard you wrote one called <The Boy With The Blues>, how was that going along?
L: After the tour we'll do some recording, then we'll put it out.

But wasn't the plan to have an EP out in the summer scrapped?
L: Oh isn't it? I didn't know that, is it? (Well Dwayne said so last time) Really? Well, nothing I can do about it then...

You guys gonna take a year off after the tour?
L: Yeah...but probably not that long, may be 6 months or so, then we'll get together and do some demos. I hope we have a new album out next year, I can't fooking wait that long.

What're you gonna do in the meantime?
L: Sit around, take my kid to the park, things like that.

What will the documentary <Lord Don't Slow Me Down> be like?
L: Trust me, don't bother! I don't like the stuff they were shooting during the tour, you know? Some bits are ok, but most of them are just boring as hell! Who wants to watch us just hanging around doing fook all? It's ridiculous man!

You like Oasis as it is now?
L: Yeah I love it. Probably the best we've ever been.

You said <Live Forever> is your overall favourite Oasis song. Which song do you think has the best lyrics?
L: It'd still be <Live Forever>. I love it!

You mentioned your son Lennon likes to listen to the McFly, what are you giving him to listen to right now?
L: I'd give him anything. I gave him some Oasis stuff, but recently he's into the fooking Gorillaz! Well it's his life, let him decide what he likes.

What if someday your son or daughter wants to be in a band?
L: That's alright. Do whatever they like!

Has being a dad changed you?
L: A little bit...nothing too drastic, I don't feel it myself, you know? Yeah but I guess you know better what your responsibilities are. You gotta take care of your kids.

Are you enjoying life much more than before?
L: Yeah it's wonderful, everything's fine and I'm happy.

Which other UK bands do you like?
L: Kasabian is great. I love everything about them! Their image, their music, they're just spot-on. And The Arctic Monkeys..I heard some of their stuff but not the album. Sounds alrite. I'd love to go see them live sometime.

At the NME Awards last time, Oasis were the only guests who weren't wearing suits. Why's that?
L: Why should we fooking dress up like school kids? We aint going to bloody school so what's a tie for? Those people should spend less time covering up their rubbish music and looking stupid by wearing fooking suits!

Will Oasis collaborate with other bands or musicians?
L: No, personally I wouldn't.

Any words of advise for people wanting to form a band?
L: Just do what you fooking want and don't do anything you're not supposed to. Go out, stick to your goals and don't let anything change you. Don't sell yourself out just to sell more records. Then eventually you'll make it someday.

Ever thought of calling it quits and not performing on stage?
L: Never. As long as I got legs and I can walk. Music is my profession.

How was it crusing through the Hong Kong harbour last night?
L: It was great. I'll remember it (points to his head). Tops.

What're you gonna do after the show?
L: Going back to the hotel. Need to pick up some toys for my kids tomorrow.

Before the PR guy started to introduce, Liam came up to me and said: "I know yer. I've seen yer before". It was a short interview at Fuji Rock festival last summer. While I stood there dumbfounded, Liam was proud of his memory and happily proclaimed it's not just garbage he's got in his brain.

Doing an interview with Liam was honestly a taunting experience. Before hand, his assistance and record company PR people warned me over and over again not to upset the super rock star. However, at both intervals I saw Liam, he was in jubilant mood and was willing to chat. I felt he's actually not that difficult to approach, or may be fatherhood has had a substantial impact on him. Of course, the attutude is still there, but with Oasis risen to legendary statuses, it all feels only natural.

The fact that Dwayne wasn't doing an interview and Liam not knowing what he said seemed to indicate a lack of communication between the siblings. However both share similar opinions on certain questions, and both managed to put on a good show without even having to look at each other on stage. As Dwayne pointed out, their relations have proabably improved as they both become more mellow with age.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 03:19:52 PM by grendood » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2006, 08:30:28 AM »

Is it my imagination or does Liam look like Izzy currently does in those photos? Trouble is, Izzy is a good 10-15 years oler - Liam's looking a bit....well, old

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #376 on: March 05, 2006, 06:51:54 PM »

yer, how old is he? 33/34? looks a bit old

legend tho

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2006, 11:55:19 PM »

Yeah, Liam does look old there but he still looks cool.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #378 on: March 20, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »

Richard Ashcroft on Oasis recently.

"I think Oasis, you should never underestimate, as well. How on fire they are and individually as songwriters. How powerful Liam's next set of songs are going to be and how powerful Noel's are. He's got competition now, within his band, which is only going to drive him on to write some of the best stuff. I was saying to Liam the other night, 'You're only at, in reality, in pop history terms, around Sticky Fingers. The Stones are still on tour man. There's a long way to go yet.' "
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #379 on: March 20, 2006, 01:43:18 PM »

Oasis are a good band, but their newest album just isn't that good.

It's got 3 solid songs, the rest are just filler.

It's nothing  compared to anything before it. Just not as good.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: