Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 119535 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

Well man, the problem with the cover of I am the walrus by Oasis, IMO is that doesnt reflect what the song is about, (psychodelia, madness) and makes it simple.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2006, 04:59:53 PM »

Well man, the problem with the cover of I am the walrus by Oasis, IMO is that doesnt reflect what the song is about, (psychodelia, madness) and makes it simple.
Fair do - but they make it into a great rockin' tune, gg g'joob, maybe its different, but its a hilarious song all the same Cheesy

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2006, 05:02:46 PM »

Thats right, on the other hand I saw butterfly effect and the Oasis song "Stop breaking you heart out" appeared at the end of the movie, it took me by surprise and it was cool.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2006, 05:44:07 PM »

Thats right, on the other hand I saw butterfly effect and the Oasis song "Stop breaking you heart out" appeared at the end of the movie, it took me by surprise and it was cool.

lol - 'stop crying your heart out', its a good song from an under rated album

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #324 on: January 04, 2006, 05:52:55 PM »

Good song, reminded me "All you need is love" by Beatles tough.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #325 on: January 04, 2006, 06:10:47 PM »

Good song, reminded me "All you need is love" by Beatles tough.

Check out 'let there be love' from their latest album - very much in the Beatles style

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #326 on: January 04, 2006, 11:20:03 PM »

Izzy I download that song some days ago and I liked it but that song reminds me even more to Beatles. I dont know if its something good.
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2006, 06:20:29 AM »

Izzy I download that song some days ago and I liked it but that song reminds me even more to Beatles. I dont know if its something good.

just get definitely maybe, the greatest rock n roll album ever.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #328 on: January 05, 2006, 07:54:01 AM »

Just listened to (Whats the story) Morning Glory? all the way through for the first time in about a year, what a great album brings back so many memories, such a classic.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2006, 08:05:12 AM »

I know, at first you think it must be a Beatles cover. Its an okay song, but they have done so much better.

The new album is okay-ish, but if i want to listen to Oasis there are many better albums by them i go to first

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2006, 08:09:30 AM »

Just listened to (Whats the story) Morning Glory? all the way through for the first time in about a year, what a great album brings back so many memories, such a classic.

Plays like a greatest hits album - when i first got the album i was just a casual fan, and not very clued up on Oasis - i was amazed at how I knew every track, it spawned about 7 singles! Same goes to Definetly Maybe atleats half the tracks on that album got massive airplay and still do

Never been sure which i prefer DM or WTSMG, probably the only band ever to release such a classic debut and then match it with the follow up, still remember when it got released people just couldn't believe it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2006, 08:31:38 AM »

Plays like a greatest hits album - when i first got the album i was just a casual fan, and not very clued up on Oasis - i was amazed at how I knew every track, it spawned about 7 singles! Same goes to Definetly Maybe atleats half the tracks on that album got massive airplay and still do

Never been sure which i prefer DM or WTSMG, probably the only band ever to release such a classic debut and then match it with the follow up, still remember when it got released people just couldn't believe it.

definitely maybe changed music forever.  My favourite album has got to be Standing on The Shoulder Of Giants,  a flawed masterpeice, its very difficult to not love that album.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

definitely maybe changed music forever.? My favourite album has got to be Standing on The Shoulder Of Giants,? a flawed masterpeice, its very difficult to not love that album.

U prefer Standing on the shoulders of giants to Definetly maybe?

Crazzzzzeeee! hihi

Its an okay album, but far too short, ends before it ever gets going, some good tracks but its all been done better on the three preceding albums

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jonathan
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »

I have heard the singles and I liked them but is the album worth buying?

It hasn't really been the critics favourite.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:10:12 PM by Jonathan » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2006, 08:41:07 PM »

Which one?

All Oasis albums are worth owning, but Definetly Maybe, Whats the story Morning Glory, Be here now and The Masterplan should be staples of everyones collection

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jonathan
« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2006, 08:47:33 PM »

Ok, thanks for the recommendations.

What about the new album then, worth buying too?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:54:23 PM by Jonathan » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #336 on: January 05, 2006, 09:05:04 PM »

Crazzzzzeeee!

Its an okay album, but far too short, ends before it ever gets going, some good tracks but its all been done better on the three preceding albums

That's a terribly underated Oasis album, so many brilliant tracks on it- Sunday morning call, go let it out and of course Gas Panic!

Definately maybe is still my favorite Oasis album though followed by Be here now & then Standing..

Ok, thanks for the recommendations.

What about the new album then, worth buying too?

Dont Believe the Truth is ok as far as their albums go in my opinion, nothing against you buying it if thats what your little heart desires..just doesnt get nearly as many spins as Be Here Now or Definately Maybe in my house ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jonathan
« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2006, 09:08:47 PM »

Haha, ok.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #338 on: January 06, 2006, 03:37:21 AM »

I think you would enjoy the rest of the album because there isn't a bad song on it, in my opinion. For me the singles aren't even necessarily the strongest songs on the album. I enjoy songs like Turn Up The Sun,  Love Like a Bomb, and Part of the Queue over the 2nd and 3rd singles even though they are really good songs in their own right.

For me, Don't Believe The Truth is my 3rd favorite Oasis album behind Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory. I don't think anything will ever touch those two because they are classics but Don't Believe the Truth is still a very good album. I had lost a little faith in Oasis because their previous two albums (SOTSOG and Heathen Chemistry) were somewhat disappointing. They weren't bad albums, but I just expected more from them. DBTT proved to be a pleasant surprise for me.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2006, 09:25:53 AM »

definitely maybe changed music forever.  My favourite album has got to be Standing on The Shoulder Of Giants,  a flawed masterpeice, its very difficult to not love that album.

Crazzzzzeeee! hihi

Standing On The Shoulder of Giants cannot be compared to Definitely Maybe. Its a personal favourite of mine because noel just pours his heart out as it was the most difficult period in his career, he was going through a lot of shit when he wrote it. Its one of the most underrated albums ever, production wise and lyrically its the best Oasis album
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: