Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 119771 times)
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2005, 12:05:30 PM »

the relationship between oasis and fans during concerts is quite simply incredible, going to an oasis concert is like going to a football match, so much passion is exchanged between the band and the fans, i do believe oasis fans are a different breed, they are probably the most loyal fans around, as Izzy said a band that can get 80 thousand people going "mad fer it" must be special, thats why they are considered one of the finest acts in the world, you dont need to change your costume every 5 minutes and jump from one amplifier to the other to be great. For me that isnt rock n roll, and liam is great live, the way he just stands there and looks through 80 thousand people as if they are invisible followed by chants of "liam, liam" is a spectacle itself.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2005, 03:57:29 PM »

yeah, Liam and Noel are accessible. if you want to take a picture, they are even open minded to talk about football. I know a girl who got a kiss from Liam, she just said "can i kiss you?" and Liam said "yeah! come on!" and he kissed her.
The gallagher brother's are good guys. They are provocative with the media, but they are great with their fans.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 06:17:37 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2005, 05:01:22 AM »

Oasis beats U2, says Noel Gallagher

OASIS guitarist Noel Gallagher has declared that his band is better than U2 and Coldplay.

And he insists the other bands know it.
    "They know that we s--- over them," Gallagher said yesterday on the eve of the British band's sold-out Festival Hall show.

"We've got two guitarists in our band. They've only got two between them. End of story.

"Me, Chris Martin (Coldplay) and Bono (U2) have a friendly rivalry. Not that we're in some celebrity club, but I do talk to them on a regular basis and they know we're the bollocks.

"They were on their hands and knees begging us to play Live8. It wasn't a big enough show for us."

Oasis has had a remarkable comeback this year. Next week its new album Don't Believe the Truth is set to be the band's third consecutive British No. 1 this year with the Noel and Liam Gallagher duet Let There Be Love.

"Coldplay and U2 haven't had three No. 1s in a row," Gallagher joked. "Coldplay haven't had any No. 1s in the UK, actually."

Gallagher scoffed at rumours he's feuding with brother Liam after an incident in Brisbane.

"It's bollocks," Gallagher said. "It's quite preposterous. Things are fine."

Gallagher is a fan of Australia. "I'd move here if it wasn't so far away. It's like America weather-wise, but it's not full of fat idiots," he said.

Oasis's final Melbourne show is at Festival Hall tonight.

what a complete fuckin' wanker, i have never heard someone so stuck up his own arse!!! Angry

Hey Noel, if you did move to Australia, i'd fuckin' kill ya!!! yes

FUCK OASIS

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #263 on: December 12, 2005, 07:00:14 AM »

Oasis triumph at huge Cardiff gig
'Noise And Confusion 05' caps a great year

Oasis triumphed at the 'Noise And Confusion 05' extravagaza at Cardiff Millennium Stadium yesterday (December 10).

The rock giants headlined the mammoth gig backed by a stellar support cast including Foo Fighters, Razorlight and Noel Gallagher's favourite band The Coral.

But there was no doubt who the majority of the sold-out crowd were there to see - and Oasis didn't disappoint. Playing the same set (bar 'The Masterplan' ) they ran through at the summer festivals, they thrilled the devoted crowd with a mix of songs from current album and a host of old classics.

Liam Gallagher was in unusually quiet mood, but was seen to be regularly asking the fans in the front rows if they were OK.

The set was:

'Fuckin' In The Bushes' (Intro)
'Turn Up The Sun'
'Lyla'
'Bring It On Down'
'Morning Glory'
'Cigarettes And Alcohol'
'The Importance of Being Idle'
'The Masterplan'
'Songbird'
'A Bell Will Ring'
'Acquiesce'
'Live Forever'
'Mucky Fingers'
'Wonderwall'
'Champagne Supernova'
'Rock 'N' Roll Star'

'Guess God Thinks I'm Abel'
'The Meaning Of Soul'
'Don't Look Back In Anger'
'My Generation'
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2005, 08:02:19 AM »

'Bring It On Down'

Yey, my fav Oasis song, i didn't realise that made their live set, seems to be the 'forgotten' Oasis track - absolutely storming guitar work, love it

That set list has far too much from their latest album - can't stand any track off it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2005, 09:47:16 AM »

Foos blew oasis of the stage....man, never seen a band be less appreciative of headlining, liam just stood there and sang, no moving round, no talking to the crowd....foos on the other hand, owned the fuckin stage!

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #266 on: December 13, 2005, 11:09:11 AM »

'Bring It On Down'

Yey, my fav Oasis song, i didn't realise that made their live set, seems to be the 'forgotten' Oasis track - absolutely storming guitar work, love it

That set list has far too much from their latest album - can't stand any track off it.

brilliant song, love it when oasis do punk.
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2005, 03:58:35 AM »

OASIS guitarist Noel Gallagher has declared that his band is better than U2 and Coldplay.

"They know that we s--- over them," Gallagher said yesterday on the eve of the British band's sold-out Festival Hall show.

"We've got two guitarists in our band. They've only got two between them. End of story.

"Me, Chris Martin (Coldplay) and Bono (U2) have a friendly rivalry. Not that we're in some celebrity club, but I do talk to them on a regular basis and they know we're the bollocks.

"They were on their hands and knees begging us to play Live8. It wasn't a big enough show for us."

Oasis has had a remarkable comeback this year. Next week its new album Don't Believe the Truth is set to be the band's third consecutive British No. 1 this year with the Noel and Liam Gallagher duet Let There Be Love.

"Coldplay and U2 haven't had three No. 1s in a row," Gallagher joked. "Coldplay haven't had any No. 1s in the UK, actually."

Gallagher scoffed at rumours he's feuding with brother Liam after an incident in Brisbane.

Gallagher is a fan of Australia. "I'd move here if it wasn't so far away. It's like America weather-wise, but it's not full of fat idiots," he said.

what a complete fuckin' wanker, i have never heard someone so stuck up his own arse!!! Angry

FUCK OASIS

to Oasis fans, i would like you to tell me what you think of what Noel is sayin' here, i mean, i think its the most disrespectful thing any artist could say, i cant fuckin' get over it  confused   ive heard these 2 pricks say there bigger then Jesus n' The Beatles all this shit, but these guys really think they are  king  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

what do ya think?HuhHuh

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2005, 05:05:49 AM »

what do ya think?HuhHuh

No one cares what you think.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2005, 11:28:49 AM »

FUCK OASIS

to Oasis fans, i would like you to tell me what you think of what Noel is sayin' here, i mean, i think its the most disrespectful thing any artist could say, i cant fuckin' get over it  confused   ive heard these 2 pricks say there bigger then Jesus n' The Beatles all this shit, but these guys really think they are  king  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

what do ya think?HuhHuh

you just dont get oasis  Wink
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #270 on: December 16, 2005, 06:51:03 AM »

I've been snapping up all Oasis's singles to get hold of the B-sides (i don't like downloading, something better about owning)

Oasis are a truly puzzling band that released so many great tracks as b-sides, even tracks they play live miss out on albums such as My generation and Cum on feel the noize!

Its about time they did a new b-sides album as the Masterplan missed out so many

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #271 on: December 16, 2005, 06:55:08 AM »

I've been snapping up all Oasis's singles to get hold of the B-sides (i don't like downloading, something better about owning)

Oasis are a truly puzzling band that released so many great tracks as b-sides, even tracks they play live miss out on albums such as My generation and Cum on feel the noize!

Its about time they did a new b-sides album as the Masterplan missed out so many

what do you think of lets all make believe?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #272 on: December 16, 2005, 07:00:58 AM »

I just bought the 'Go let it out' single off ebay which includes that and ''(as long as they've got) cigerettes in hell'' - should arrive soon, i'll let ya know what i think then

Apparently the 2 b-sides on that single are rated the equal of anything off SOTSOG....

Been listening to 'Whatever' alot lately - that should have been on Definetly Maybe, one of their very best tracks
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 11:58:58 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #273 on: December 16, 2005, 12:18:34 PM »

I just bought the 'Go let it out' single off ebay which includes that and ''(as long as they've got) cigerettes in hell'' - should arrive soon, i'll let ya know what i think then

Apparently the 2 b-sides on that single are rated the equal of anything off SOTSOG....

Been listening to 'Whatever' alot lately - that should have been on Definetly Maybe, one of their very best tracks

I think they couldnt afford to include it on the album at that time, yeah lets all make believe is magical.
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #274 on: December 16, 2005, 07:03:38 PM »

what do ya think?HuhHuh

you fuckin' idiot, i asked you!!!  hihi

FUCK OASIS

to Oasis fans, i would like you to tell me what you think of what Noel is sayin' here, i mean, i think its the most disrespectful thing any artist could say, i cant fuckin' get over it confused ive heard these 2 pricks say there bigger then Jesus n' The Beatles all this shit, but these guys really think they are king Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

what do ya think?HuhHuh

you just dont get oasis Wink

well give me a hint buddy!!

i just dont think you can admit ya heros are so fare up there own arses its not funny!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2005, 02:06:48 PM »

what do ya think?HuhHuh

you fuckin' idiot, i asked you!!!  hihi

FUCK OASIS

to Oasis fans, i would like you to tell me what you think of what Noel is sayin' here, i mean, i think its the most disrespectful thing any artist could say, i cant fuckin' get over it confused ive heard these 2 pricks say there bigger then Jesus n' The Beatles all this shit, but these guys really think they are king Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

what do ya think?HuhHuh

you just dont get oasis Wink

well give me a hint buddy!!

i just dont think you can admit ya heros are so fare up there own arses its not funny!!

they have always been like that, from when they were working at gas stations and building sights, Oasis are real, and if you had any sense youd realise noel is taking the piss but you dont.
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2005, 02:50:59 AM »

if you think he's takin' the piss your a dickhead  hihi
have you seen these guys in interviews  Shocked  fully up em' selves.        rest my fuckin' case!! beer

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #277 on: December 19, 2005, 05:11:44 PM »

I honestly can't think of a band that has as many great b-sides as Oasis do.  Most of them are just as good if not better than songs from the albums.  I have every Oasis album and and all the singles.  The singles are definitely worth hunting down for the b-sides.  'Whatever' is an amazing song.  One of the best songs I have ever heard.  In response to one of the people above, 'Lets All Make Believe' is also fucking great.  People here that really haven't heard that much Oasis, do yourself a favor and go get some albums.  No matter what your taste in music.  Where I live, Oasis is like an epidemic.  It fucking spreads like mad.  I have turned hundreds of people on to Oasis.  They are my second favorite band of all time and I think deserve more respect than what they get.  And people here need to stop getting so upset with things Oasis say.  Its just the way they are.  Don't take it so personal every time.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #278 on: December 19, 2005, 05:40:12 PM »

Where I live, Oasis is like an epidemic.? It fucking spreads like mad.? I have turned hundreds of people on to Oasis.? They are my second favorite band of all time and I think deserve more respect than what they get.

When I was in hight school, Oasis was the biggest band of the Universe. they were fucking HUGE in Europe in the mid/late 90's. in my memories, only mickeal Jackson in the 80's and GN'R in the early 90's were as huge as Oasis at their top (95-98). Oasis changed the UK.. I mean yeah, they changed a whole country! a bunch of 4 or 5 guys changed the 5th most powerfull country in the world. There is a "before" and an "after" Oasis in the UK.
11 consecutive #1 singles, 4 consecutives #1 album...50 million records sold WITHOUT having success in the USA...no need to say more. if they had as much sucess in America as in the rest of the world, they would have sold more records than GN'R.

This band is genious. GN'R should tour with Oasis.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 04:14:06 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #279 on: December 19, 2005, 06:07:01 PM »

if you think he's takin' the piss your a dickhead? hihi
have you seen these guys in interviews? Shocked? fully up em' selves.? ? ? ? rest my fuckin' case!! beer

Sigh....you just don't get it, and yet - how curious - similiar behavious by Axl gets your praise!

They are hilarious in interviews because they speak their mind and don't care about anyone else - fact is the bands they slag off are asking for it and 9 times out of 10 they are bang on the mark

If you think they are always being serious then, well.....interviews with Liam are just hilarious, the guy loves to wind the interviwer up by playing dumb - he's also a damn good actor able to keep a straight face while doing it

At the end of the day, if you don't like them, good, who cares anyway.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: