Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:44:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 119797 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2005, 04:47:11 AM »

I have loved all of Oasis's stuff - but not the new album

That album sounded like people approaching their 40's trying to rock - Oasis were always so volatile and that reflected in their songs, looks like they are on the slippery slope now - i can't see them doing anything worth hearing again, which is a damn shame

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2005, 07:18:20 AM »

That album sounded like people approaching their 40's trying to rock - Oasis were always so volatile and that reflected in their songs, looks like they are on the slippery slope now - i can't see them doing anything worth hearing again, which is a damn shame

your really one of a kind then.

how does "the meaning of soul" reflect an image of a band approaching their 40's?

if anything that song says "i dont give a shit if you think this is great or not"

i dont think DBTT is better than Standing on the shoulder of giants, that album in my opinion is a masterpeice.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2005, 01:28:03 PM »

That's kind of obvious - unless i have a clone somewhere hihi

how does "the meaning of soul" reflect an image of a band approaching their 40's?

Its slow, uninspired, the hard edge is just....gone

if anything that song says "i dont give a shit if you think this is great or not"

Just as well really - compare that song to anything they did previously - its painful

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2005, 08:28:23 AM »

That's kind of obvious - unless i have a clone somewhere hihi

Its slow, uninspired, the hard edge is just....gone

Just as well really - compare that song to anything they did previously - its painful

i dont like arguing with fellow oasis fans..... fair enough if you dont rate DBTT, however i think its their 4th best album.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2005, 04:43:37 PM »

Oasis beats U2, says Noel Gallagher

OASIS guitarist Noel Gallagher has declared that his band is better than U2 and Coldplay.

And he insists the other bands know it.
    "They know that we s--- over them," Gallagher said yesterday on the eve of the British band's sold-out Festival Hall show.

"We've got two guitarists in our band. They've only got two between them. End of story.

"Me, Chris Martin (Coldplay) and Bono (U2) have a friendly rivalry. Not that we're in some celebrity club, but I do talk to them on a regular basis and they know we're the bollocks.

"They were on their hands and knees begging us to play Live8. It wasn't a big enough show for us."

Oasis has had a remarkable comeback this year. Next week its new album Don't Believe the Truth is set to be the band's third consecutive British No. 1 this year with the Noel and Liam Gallagher duet Let There Be Love.

"Coldplay and U2 haven't had three No. 1s in a row," Gallagher joked. "Coldplay haven't had any No. 1s in the UK, actually."

Gallagher scoffed at rumours he's feuding with brother Liam after an incident in Brisbane.

"It's bollocks," Gallagher said. "It's quite preposterous. Things are fine."

Gallagher is a fan of Australia. "I'd move here if it wasn't so far away. It's like America weather-wise, but it's not full of fat idiots," he said.

Oasis's final Melbourne show is at Festival Hall tonight.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2005, 07:56:07 PM »

it's true. they shit all over U2 and Coldplay.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2005, 09:53:42 PM »

After those comments, and the Manowar comments, I can't take anything they've said seriously anymore. Well, I never did.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2005, 10:51:54 PM »

After those comments, and the Manowar comments, I can't take anything they've said seriously anymore. Well, I never did.

Big coldplay fan i take it?
Clouser
Opening Act

« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2005, 07:28:51 AM »

I saw Oasis live a few days ago. Probably the worst show I have ever seen.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2005, 07:31:39 AM »

manowar comments???  rofl rofl

Oasis piss over everything,

they didn't just seize the day, they shagged it senseless and then took it out boozing.  Cool

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 07:40:00 AM by grendood » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2005, 06:54:13 PM »

Gallagher is a fan of Australia. "I'd move here if it wasn't so far away. It's like America weather-wise, but it's not full of fat idiots," he said
ahaha! hilarous! He will never change. he rocks ok
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 07:01:58 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2005, 07:06:34 PM »

Ur not supposed to take it seriously - if u knew anything about the band u'd know they love to annoy the media and say anything to do that, their exploits are always hilarious
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 01:56:27 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2005, 08:02:35 PM »

I saw Oasis live a few days ago. Probably the worst show I have ever seen.

What band did you see?  I saw them in Toronto this summer and they were fucking awesome.  Oasis is probably the best band out there today...and it's true, they do shit all over U2 and Coldplay.  It's nice to know there's still a band out there that pens great songs and upholds the rock 'n' roll traditions of sex, drugs, and attitude.  Noel is definitely the most underrated songwriter ever.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2005, 09:29:55 AM »

the masterplan is probably one of the greatest songs ever and its a b-side.

thats attitude right there.

Gnr would even be proud to have it as an a-side.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2005, 11:39:35 AM »

Check the Main Road'1996 version at Main Road stadium- Manchester. That song is genius.
Oasis back at home. One of the greatest Rock show EVER. I think it's on the DVD "Oasis - there and then".

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2005, 12:38:39 PM »

Check the Main Road'1996 version at Main Road stadium- Manchester. That song is genius.
Oasis back at home. One of the greatest Rock show EVER. I think it's on the DVD "Oasis - there and then".

ive got it, a classic live dvd, liam is truley towering in it, he was IMO the best singer in the world at that point. too bad his voice has gone downhill from all the drink, smoking and drugs  Sad
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2005, 02:17:19 PM »

definetely great band. great own songs...but they have lousy stage act.

I've seen them twice and they are great live. It's just this huge wall of noise. Brilliant.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2005, 03:38:38 PM »

definetely great band. great own songs...but they have lousy stage act.

Hilarious.

With a post like that u must have stumbled into the wrong thread

Any band that gets 80,000 people singing every line for 2 hrs is clearly doing something right, and Liam, standing motionless still has more energy than damn near any other performer alive

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2005, 11:27:56 AM »

OASIS RETURN TO THE US IN 2006

Following their sold out shows in the US in 2005. Oasis are pleased to announce that the band will be returning in 2006 and will play the Riverside Theatre, Milwaukee on Wednesday March 22nd and the Ryman Auditorium, Nashville on Sunday March 26th.

Both these shows will go on sale Friday 9th December see below for full ticket purchase details and on sale times.

Riverside Theatre, Milwaukee Wednesday 22nd March 2006 Tickets Available from:
Pabst Theater Box Office - 144 E. Wells Street Riverside Theater Box Office - 116 West Wisconsin By Phone: 9 AM - 8 PM - 7 days a week including holidays (Central Time zone) (414) 286-3663 & (800) 511-1552 Online: www.pabsttheater.org riversidetheater.org www.tickets.com

Ryman Auditorium, Nashville Sunday 26th March 2006 Tickets Available from: Through Ryman Auditorium box office, all ticketmaster outlets including krogers, charge by phone at 615-255-9600 or purchase online at ticketmaster.com or paceconcerts.com www.ticketmaster.com paceconcerts.com

A special internet presale is available to members of the oasisinet.com mailing list starting December 5th. To register for the mailing list to receive information on future presales go to the MAILING LIST section of the site to join the list.

update on presale tickets:

3-22-05
Milwaukee - Riverside Theater

3-23-05
Indianapolis - Murat Theater

3-25-05
Cincinnati - Taft Theater

3-26-05
Nashville - Ryman

3-28-05
Houston - Verizon Wireless Theater

source: oasisinet.com
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »

Noel pays tribute to Best

OASIS star Noel Gallagher has paid George Best the ultimate compliment - saying the soccer legend was cool enough to be in the band.

Guitarist Noel, 38, said: "Georgie transcended football. He was called the fifth Beatle and he looked cool as f***.

"He owned a nightclub and a clothes shop, drove a Ferrari and he shagged Miss World."

Asked whether George was cool enough to be in Oasis, Noel replied: "The only thing he didn't do in his life that was cool was play music, and he probably would have been good at that, too."

Noel - a staunch Manchester City supporter - became pals with George after meeting at a charity function. They remained in contact after the Manchester United icon was diagnosed with liver disease.

Noel and his ex-wife Meg Mathews sent flowers in 2000 when George was taken to hospital for tests on his liver. He later had a transplant.

Noel missed George's Belfast funeral on Saturday due to tour commitments in Australia.

source: The Sun
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: