Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 04:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 120032 times)
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2005, 06:19:29 PM »

As we have a thread that bashes Oasis Tongue - i thought the official Oasis thread should be brought back so people can talk about Oasis and not have to discuss Manowar at the same time

I've been recently listening to Standing on the shoulders of giants - a few days ago i'd have said it was a terrible album - now i adore it, not sure why it didn't click before

Full of great riffs, Noel is on fire!

I have to say i though the new album was...dire, all the guitar work has gone, no solo's Cry

Standing on the shoulder of giants is my favourite oasis album..

Fucking in the bushes -  amazing opener, amazing riff, sets a brilliant tone for the rest of the album.

go let it out - amazing psychedelic groove, a classic.

who feels love - i love this, quality vocals, cool fills, great lyrics

put yer money where yer mouth is - straight up rock n roll,

little james - a liam lullaby love

gas panic - may well be the best thing oasis have ever done.

where did it all go wrong - some amazing lyrics from noel here "and untill you've repaid the dreams you bought for your lies... you'll be castaway alone under stormy sky's"

sunday morning call - i can relate to this very much, most touching song on the album for me.

i can see a liar - punk rock... amazing when liam belts out "and now that i feel godlike there nothing that cant be kissed"

roll it over - best closer to an oasis album since champagne supernova. Beautiful.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2005, 08:47:31 PM »

I've been recently listening to Standing on the shoulders of giants - a few days ago i'd have said it was a terrible album - now i adore it...

Funny you mention that, I've been listening to "Standing...." over the course of this week. Actually, this has been an Oasis week cause I have downloaded a few b-sides as well.

Standing on the shoulder on Giants is a much better album now than it was for me 5 years ago when it came out. I especially like the songs Noel sings on..." Sunday Morning.." and my favorite " Where did I go wrong". I know the band released at least 3 vids, but I've only seen " Go let it out". Anyone seen the other two?

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2005, 05:22:40 AM »

I know the band released at least 3 vids, but I've only seen " Go let it out". Anyone seen the other two?

Nope - they kind of fell off the radar.....i can't even remember the video for Go Let it out either....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2005, 08:13:51 AM »

I know the band released at least 3 vids, but I've only seen " Go let it out". Anyone seen the other two?

Nope - they kind of fell off the radar.....i can't even remember the video for Go Let it out either....

The video for go let it out was the band in the back of a bus. Sort of a "magical mystery tour" feel to it. The video for sunday morning call was filmed in an asylum or something like that. Been years since i've seen them.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2005, 08:16:57 AM »

they are always on vh2, mtv2, channel Q, The amp.
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2005, 06:14:07 PM »

In the Go Let It Out, Liam is on the back of a bus with a guitar singing until he arrives to a place where the band is palying and Noel is playing bass (I think they hadnt hired Andy Bell back then)
The Gas Panic video (A-mazinng song) is kind of a live video.
And in the Sunday Moring Call, the band`s on a house playing (I think so, cant really remember the last time I saw it)

Back on the topic, I just love Oasis, I own all of theyre records, and I think every single on of them is amazing.Well, SOTJSOG  isnt THAT amazing, but it has Gas Panic, Go let it out and Little James, so its good too.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2005, 11:00:11 AM »

Alright I could never really get into Oasis because they really just reminded me of the Verve but knew they were huge for Whats the Story. I really liked their new single, Lyla (even though its a complete rip off of Street Fighting Man Kiss) and decided to check out some of their older material this morning when I discovered "Chapagne Supernova" and it is a bloody brilliant track I do have to admit. I smoked a few bongs to it and its just bloody intense music..all british music i guess for that matter hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2005, 05:36:21 AM »

has anyone heard their new song.. its simply stunning, an epic sounding beautiful song.

what are your opinions on it, It is being released on the soundtrack for the film Goal.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2005, 01:42:02 PM »

After their latest album i'm just going to focus on their earlier stuff....saves anymore pain

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2005, 03:31:07 PM »

link please?

i refuse to listen to british radio so i'm not going to sit through hours of crap music to here this song.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2005, 10:30:34 AM »

I do like this song.  I wouldn't go as far as to say it's epic though.  Its  a pretty decent song written and sung by Noel.  I don't think we can post a link cause it is an official release.  But its probably worth checking it out sometime.  I'm off to see Oasis in 5 days by the way.  Hell fuckin yeah!!  I would be a little more pumped up if it was to go see the new GNR though.  I'm not even sure what I would do then.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2005, 11:42:56 AM »

I do like this song.? I wouldn't go as far as to say it's epic though.? Its? a pretty decent song written and sung by Noel.? I don't think we can post a link cause it is an official release.? But its probably worth checking it out sometime.? I'm off to see Oasis in 5 days by the way.? Hell fuckin yeah!!? I would be a little more pumped up if it was to go see the new GNR though.? I'm not even sure what I would do then.

Sung by Noel?

I was going to buy the soundtrack - u just saved me ?10, thanks!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #232 on: October 22, 2005, 05:53:32 PM »

Let There Be Love? will be the third single taken from Oasis? double platinum selling album ?Don?t Believe The Truth?. The album has already spawned two number one singles this year, ?Lyla? and ?The Importance Of Being Idle?. In October it won Q Magazine?s prestigious Album Of The Year award and the People?s Choice Award.

The single is released on CD, DVD and 10? vinyl on 28th November 2005 on Big Brother Recordings. The CD and 10? will feature a brand new Noel penned track entitled ?Sittin? Here In Silence (On My Own)? which was produced and mixed by Dave Sardy. The documentary footage included on the DVD goes behind the scenes of Oasis? biggest ever world tour, which will seen them play to over 2 million people worldwide in 2005. Recorded by renowned promo director Baillie Walsh it is a taste of a longer film to come, entitled ?Lord Don?t Slow Me Down? and culminates in the spine-tingling new video for ?Let There Be Love?.

3 Track CD
Let There Be Love
Sittin? Here In Silence (On My Own)
Rock ?n? Roll Star (live at City of Manchester Stadium ? 2 July 2005)

DVD
Let There Be Love (album and demo version)
Excerpts from the forthcoming film ?Lord Don?t Slow Me Down?
Let There Be Love (video)
Downloadable wallpaper

10?
Let There Be Love
Sittin? Here In Silence (On My Own)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2005, 11:09:17 AM »

Downloaded a few Oasis songs a while ago. I thought about posting this a while back but never really bothered. Now, since I'm listening to the song I'm about to talk about, thought about posting this...

Ever heard a song called "Carry us all"? I believe is a b-side from the Sunday Morning Call single. The song is amazing. I don't know why and how didn't make the cut to SOTSOG. Noel sings it, it's become one of my favorite Oasis tracks. Up there with Don't Look Back..., Magic Pie, Live Forever, etc.

All of you Oasis fans need to check this song out. You can find it in any of the file-sharing sites? Wink
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2005, 02:04:22 PM »

Downloaded a few Oasis songs a while ago. I thought about posting this a while back but never really bothered. Now, since I'm listening to the song I'm about to talk about, thought about posting this...

Ever heard a song called "Carry us all"? I believe is a b-side from the Sunday Morning Call single. The song is amazing. I don't know why and how didn't make the cut to SOTSOG. Noel sings it, it's become one of my favorite Oasis tracks. Up there with Don't Look Back..., Magic Pie, Live Forever, etc.

All of you Oasis fans need to check this song out. You can find it in any of the file-sharing sites? Wink

Oasis are infamous for releasing much of their best stuff as B-sides - while leaving weaker material on the albums, its been a source of much confusion for many a year.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2005, 02:53:57 PM »

I heard the were going to release a b-side s album next year .

Has anybody else heard this?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2005, 02:58:29 PM »

I heard the were going to release a b-side s album next year .

Has anybody else heard this?

Nope

But they missed a lot off 'The Masterplan' so they really need to do it - as they have set a precedent for releasing b sides albums i'm sure they'll do it again

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #237 on: October 23, 2005, 09:03:06 PM »

i think ive fallen in love with the song wonderwall

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2005, 07:30:45 AM »

i think ive fallen in love with the song wonderwall

not even in the top 20 best oasis songs in my opinion.

and yes they are planning on releasing a new b-sides album.

they are also releasing a new single called boy with the blues early 2006.
badapple81
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2005, 11:19:19 PM »

Love the way he just gives it to Elton John, George Michael and Robbie Williams at random!  hihi

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=69274

A mellower Noel Gallagher 'freaked out' by young fans

Sunday Oct 30 13:59 AEST

Oasis song-writing legend Noel Gallagher, currently on tour after the release of the band's sixth album, thinks the only thing that might put an end to live performances by the chart-topping group is the health of younger brother Liam's hair.

"The masterstroke in this band was having a singer five years younger than anyone else. As long as he doesn't go bald, we'll be around for a bit," 38-year-old Noel told AFP before a performance in Paris.

The surly Gallagher brothers, famed for their thick Manchester accents and bitter sibling rivalry, burst onto the British music scene more than a decade ago before going on to sell millions of records worldwide.

Their volatile relationship, fights, drug problems, celebrity relationships -- and their prodigious talent for producing catchy pop songs -- have filled thousands of news pages the world over.

But the fact that Noel is now joking about ageing and baldness suggests that he may have come to terms with the end of his hell-raising days.

Despite a long and much-publicised history of fraternal friction, Noel says he hasn't had a proper fight with Liam "for a few years."

"All those stupid fights about fucking whose jackets was better than the other's have all gone," he says.

He admits though that seeing teenagers in the audience singing along to some of the band's early releases "freaks him out."

"There's kids singing along to 'Rock 'n' Roll star' and they would have been like six when it came out," he says. "That took me like two months (of the tour) to get used to. Before, I wouldn't look young people in the eye."

The latest album "Don't Believe The Truth" has been well received by fans, and the return to public favour was cemented when Oasis picked up the Best Album award at Britain's prestigious Q music awards in early October.

The album is a return to a well-tested formula: Liam's strained, nasal vocals laid over powerful guitar chords, coupled with catchy choruses in both rock and ballad formats.

After six albums, it's clear Oasis are not about to reinvent themselves.

"I'm not going to develop anymore after 38. It's as simple as that," says Noel.

Does Noel have another "Wonderwall" or "Live Forever" in him, two of the band's most enduringly popular songs?

"I used to write five songs a day. But now you've got baggage and when you get older you've got things to do," he says. "I don't write as much as I used to, but I write often enough to satisfy my interest."

Not the talk of someone who's still got things to prove. Fatherhood, for one thing, has sapped some of his energy, he says.

But the singer-songwriter has lost none of his cockiness or taste for feuding with fellow musicians. Nor has bringing up a daughter curbed his colourful language.

Noel dismisses, for example, the revival of guitar-based pop music -- called by some "Britpop II" after the Britpop of Oasis and Blur in the mid-1990s -- as "fucking Indie rubbish".

Noel has already publicly mocked British rivals Bloc Party, and he is no less scornful of bands such as Franz Ferdinand and Maximo Park because they perform in modish suits and ties.

Attending the NME music magazine awards in Britain, he said, was like being in a school disco, where rigid jacket-and-tie dress codes are enforced.

"We were the only people sat there without shirts and ties on. Everyone else was in school uniform," he says. "The first thing we did when got back from school was get that fucking tie off and get some casual clothes on."

Noel insists on leading a normal life and going to the shops near his home in West London because if not "you end up like Elton John, or fucking George Michael."

The sight of the Rolling Stones, still touring well into their sixties, is "fucking sad," he said.

Not to be neglected in Noel's litany of abuse was Oasis nemesis and British pop rival Robbie Williams.

"I wouldn't walk a mile in his shoes because he seems to be a very lonely, unhappy, very confused young man," he says.

More surprising is Noel's readiness to loosen his grip on the direction of the band, something over which he has always maintained absolute control.

Noel wrote only half the new album. Band members Andy Bell and Gem Archer wrote one song each, and Liam did three.

"Liam 's only just started to write songs. He's like a fucking mad man," he says. "He's writing 10 songs a day. I was like that 20 years ago."

Noel on being a parent? "A fucking big responsibility," "one of life's greatest things," "a fucking pain in the arse."

"If I had any advice, between the ages of 15 and 30 just absolutely go for it like every day was your last. As soon as you hit 30, take your foot off the gas a bit," he says.

Oasis are on tour until next March and will visit Japan and Australia in November.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:10:00 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: