Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 03:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 120016 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2005, 06:45:01 PM »

The reviews of the MSG concert are exellent. a pic of the show

« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 06:50:47 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2005, 08:57:29 PM »

Never really been much of a fan, i have liked the obvious hits but aside from that i have had little interest anyway.....

My work called me up wednesday wanting me to work at an Oasis gig at Manchester City's homeground on thursday (today/it's technically yesterday now) so i thought fuck it being paid to watch them...what the hell..

Got there at about 2.00p.m, now i work for a security firm and we get put in all positions and gigs, from ticket collecting to at the front of the pit so i really did not know whether i would get a decent spot of not.

2.30p.m.  I was told my position was to be next to one of the towers with speakers on making sure no drunk fuckers trying climbing up them, the great news was i would have a perfect view of the whole thing, the shit thing was that now we were in position, aside from breaks we were stuck there for the day even though the bands were not due on for a good few hours.

4.00p.m. The whole things still being constructed i am dying of boredom so i started chatting to this guy about GN'R to help pass the time by when all of a sudden he shouted 'That's Noel' and surprise surprise Noel Gallagher was just strolling round the ground with his massive shades on looking like he was weighing things up, no sign of Liam but i guessed he was probably in the back with a can in one hand and fag in the other.

4.30p.m. They came out to do a soundcheck, did about 3 or 4 songs i think, did not recognise any of them, definately not any of the 'Obvious' hits which i know.

6.10p.m.  Support band called The Stones (i may be wrong) came on, they had a very Beatlesesque sound, not surprising considering who they were supporting and the fact they were from Liverpool, pleasant enough to listen to and i was glad of something to watch.

7.10p.m.  Super Furry Animals came on, now i have never really liked 'em and well they still sucked to me so moving on...

8.55p.m. Oasis finally arrived on stage, the place was now packed, now i liked lots of the songs they played and i thought they put on an awesome gig but not being much of a fan there's only a few songs i can name, second on they played the first single off the new album pretty good tune live everyone seemed into it.  They also played Wonderwall, Champagne SuperNova, Cigarettes And Alcohol, What's The Story Morning Glory, Little By Little, Rock N' Roll Star (Last song before the encore) and many others which i am forgetting now (i am very tired).  Anywayz they were awesome live and they finished on 2 awesome tunes, Don't Look Back In Anger which got a deafening response everybody was on their feet singing along by far the most popular song of the night and to top it off they finished with a cover of The Who's My Generation.  On a funny note before one of the songs Liam asked 'Who here likes Malcolm Glazier?'  Everybody cheered (It's Man City...what do you expect?).  So they finished just after 10.30p.m.  It took us about 30 minutes to clear the fuckers out, another 30 waiting for our coach, another goddamn hour to get back, and now im finally home, a very enjoyable gig made all the better by the fact that i actually like a band i wasn't too keen on before and i was paid to be there  Grin smoking
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2005, 02:45:32 PM »

cool review? smoking
were you to THAT oasis show? (picture). is it the right gig?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 02:52:53 PM by nesquick » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2005, 03:09:41 PM »

cool review? smoking
were you to THAT oasis show? (picture). is it the right gig?

Hard to tell picture has come up a bit dodgy, it definately looks like the stadium...do u have any more pics? better quality?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »

yes look at thoses ones:
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7528/oasis0264jz.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4427/oasis8eu.jpg
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/7787/oasis0220ix.jpg

PS: when GN'R comes back, I want as big shows as this one!! ok

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2005, 04:23:21 PM »

Yep pretty sure that was the gig, one of the pics showed Liam in his black bucket hat and suit same as he had on so i am almost certain it's the one...it was trully awesome, thanks for those dude, GN'R could easily fill that place dude.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »

Yep pretty sure that was the gig, one of the pics showed Liam in his black bucket hat and suit same as he had on so i am almost certain it's the one...it was trully awesome, thanks for those dude, GN'R could easily fill that place dude.
I don't know if GN'R cas "easily" fill that place but, after so much time waiting, I want something big, a stadium tour. At least in Paris, my city. This is my dream to see axl and to listen to GN'R music in a stadium with 50.000+ people. I want a big show. I have enough of small concert in clubs/half packed arenas.

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2005, 06:10:25 AM »

I just got back from watching Oasis live in Newcastle on Tues 12th July, I stayed at my mates in Newcastle for a couple of days before getting the train back.

Wow, they were fucking amazing, the crowd was so into it it was untrue, they played for about 2 hours, about 6 off the new album, 6 off def maybe, 4 off morning glory. it was just truly amazing, live forever and my generation (closing song) were the highlights for me!

It was ridiculously hot tho, my clothes are still wet with sweat after 2 days, there was a layer of sweat in the bottom of the arena and we were all ringing our t shirts out on the way out.

The whole trip cost me about 130 quid but it was well worth it

That's a hatrick for Doull
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2005, 06:43:42 AM »

I just got back from watching Oasis live in Newcastle on Tues 12th July, I stayed at my mates in Newcastle for a couple of days before getting the train back.

Wow, they were fucking amazing, the crowd was so into it it was untrue, they played for about 2 hours, about 6 off the new album, 6 off def maybe, 4 off morning glory. it was just truly amazing, live forever and my generation (closing song) were the highlights for me!

It was ridiculously hot tho, my clothes are still wet with sweat after 2 days, there was a layer of sweat in the bottom of the arena and we were all ringing our t shirts out on the way out.

The whole trip cost me about 130 quid but it was well worth it

Saw them back in 2002, in London. Fookin amazin...  Wink

Oh, and the whole trip cost me a lot more than 130 quid, since I travelled from Greece to the UK...  Grin

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2005, 08:37:29 AM »

This is a great Rock band. One of the best (the best?) of the last decade for sure.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2005, 08:52:23 AM »

I saw them from the front row at Milton Keynes on Sunday.. It was a good show.
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2005, 03:38:29 PM »

I saw them in Manchester. CLASS.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2005, 09:31:05 AM »

I bough 2 Oasis albums today: "be here now" and "heathen chemistry". I didn't have them.

I think this is the best European band since Queen.

Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2005, 02:13:32 PM »

I missed out on a ticket for their current UK jaunt when they were on sale, sadly.

Having seen and heard a couple of broadcasts though, I can tell that they are still capable of putting on a great show. The band is tight, and the setlist is very well judged (well paced, with a good mix of classics and newies).

Liam on the other hand... I don't know, perhaps he has lost his edge. His live vocals now sound oddly whiney and stripped of the old grittiness and and the cocky sneer (he's even dropped the emphases in the verses of 'Cigs and Alcohol'. I.e. No more singing 'Ack-shi-urrn' and 'Sonn-shee-iyne'.  no). And I know he has never been an energetic showman (which was part of his appeal), but nowadays he is reduced to standing around looking bored and, irritatingly, grabbing his crotch whislt a tambourine hangs from his foul gob. Or maybe he has always been that way. Please enlighten me, long time Oasis fans.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2005, 05:52:28 PM »

saw em' in oz a couple of years ago n' they were fuckin' terrible no

they did alright but pretty boring Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2005, 12:03:54 PM »

I saw them in Manchester. CLASS.

saw that on E4. my bro saw them in Dublin. i rang him and i could here them really well.
Live 4 ever, The importance of.... Don't look back and Aquiecse were brill! my brother met Noel too! Lucky Bastard!!!!!!!

What's so civil about war anyway?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2005, 03:36:22 PM »

saw em' in oz a couple of years ago n' they were fuckin' terrible no

they did alright but pretty boring Undecided
it depends on what you like. If you were standing for a heavy trash mega noizy metal concert, that's not the kind of band you'll ever enjoy.
With Oasis, all is in the melody. and don't worry they can Rock when they want (acquiece, cigarettes and alchol etc...).
Maybe you went to a bad show, because when they are in form, they simply are the best band in the world (with GN'R and U2).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 03:39:14 PM by nesquick » Logged

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2005, 05:56:50 PM »

FLEETWOOD MAC put on a more exciting show man, dont get me wrong....proberly was a bad show Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2005, 03:54:22 PM »

As we have a thread that bashes Oasis Tongue - i thought the official Oasis thread should be brought back so people can talk about Oasis and not have to discuss Manowar at the same time

I've been recently listening to Standing on the shoulders of giants - a few days ago i'd have said it was a terrible album - now i adore it, not sure why it didn't click before

Full of great riffs, Noel is on fire!

I have to say i though the new album was...dire, all the guitar work has gone, no solo's Cry

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2005, 04:14:05 PM »

heres a little secret oasis have sold 7+ million albums in the states.

whos a batter british band than oasis in the US? coldplay? robbie williams? the darkness? hihi please.

Coldplay - Parachutes (Double Platinum - 2,000,000)
Coldplay - Rush of Blood to the Head (Triple Platinum - 3,000,000)
Coldplay - X&Y (Double Platinum - 2,000,000)  *Still in the Top Ten

So that will be 7 million plus off 3 albums.... does that mean Coldplay is "better in the U.S."?

I haven't heard anything from the new Oasis album yet, I keep forgetting to bother.  I was one of the few that liked "Heathen Chemistry" though.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: