Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  another "did it really happen?" -Frank interview ("Broken" song)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: another "did it really happen?" -Frank interview ("Broken" song)  (Read 12608 times)
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 05:55:46 AM »

No one thinks that Ron just might play the same solo, or even improve on it? In that case, let them change it. I am sure it won't be anything dramatic.
With all the recent positive reactions on Ron's playing I can only hope they put him on the album. It would make it a genuine Guns 'N Roses album!

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 06:02:50 AM »

fuck that.
it would be shit.
let the guy who wrote it play it.
its a shame that such great artists have to play someone elses music.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 07:26:07 AM »

Jackamo has been proven to be a liar on several occasions, so I do not trust this at all

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
estranged.1098
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 08:00:59 AM »

This is bullshit. Frank is not Bach, he would never tell people an unkown song title.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 09:10:09 AM »

This is bullshit. Frank is not Bach, he would never tell people an unkown song title.
why not? you know Frank?
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 10:01:56 AM »

Jackamo has been proven to be a liar on several occasions, so I do not trust this at all

True, but who knows....one thing we gunners need to learn/have learnt is to take these rumours with a tiny little pinch of salt  Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 11:01:31 AM »

why not? you know Frank?

Is Frank actually Bach? Shocked
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:16 AM »

This story is also on www.rosesofvelvet.com

yeah but we are talking about the same source .... eatmysilkworms peace

could be true....could be fake but i can't really see frank doing parts on CD if Ron hasn't done any Tongue

guns_n_motley
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »

could be true....could be fake but i can't really see frank doing parts on CD if Ron hasn't done any Tongue

Ron and Frank HAVE done tracks for the cd.. thats why the "warmup" dates before the tour were resheduled... so axl could do some last minute recording..
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 11:47:24 AM »

Hey and do you know that I met Axl yesterday. We drank a couple of beers with him and he said that he was not allowed to tell me anything about the single or the release date. Bullshit!

"...It don't really matter..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 11:49:29 AM »

Ron and Frank HAVE done tracks for the cd.. thats why the "warmup" dates before the tour were resheduled... so axl could do some last minute recording..

I'd have thought by this point we'd have stopped beleiving rumors and assuming we knew facts...ron has said numerous times that he came to the plate too late to do any recording for Chinese Democracy

guns_n_motley
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 11:55:18 AM »

I'd have thought by this point we'd have stopped beleiving rumors and assuming we knew facts...ron has said numerous times that he came to the plate too late to do any recording for Chinese Democracy

and whats the last time bumblefoot said that???

people have asked him if hes on the cd, and yes said yes.. people have asked frank if hes on the cd and hes said yes... not just this one time, but other times...

not to mention the Del James article stating that BBF and Frank did some recording of Chinese Democracy tracks..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 12:16:38 PM »

Has anyone stated that BBF and Frank did some recording of Chinese Democracy tracks?
madagas
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 12:18:51 PM »

Del James.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 12:20:50 PM »

Del James.

I thought that didn't happen Wink

but other than that i've never seen a statement directly from frank or ron saying they had recorded for chinese democracy...can somebody post those quotes please?

jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »

LOL! This CD is never coming out. Is it me, or is it every time someone quits and is replaced, their tracks have to be re-recorded by the new person. I don't know to what extent this is happening, but face it, the album is not out, nor does it appear to be any time soon (of course I hope I'm wrong). With the general slow-burn turnover in this band, how long will it be before someone is re-recording all of Stinson's parts (he look miserable every time I've seen him on stage. Perhaps he's just trying to look cool and/or busy)? Flame away, all!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 12:33:48 PM by jak0lantern01 » Logged
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 12:42:42 PM »

LOL! This CD is never coming out. Is it me, or is it every time someone quits and is replaced, their tracks have to be re-recorded by the new person.
Has it ever been stated parts have been RE-recorded? Can nobody be happy with the fact those two guys contributed on the album? I think Axl might just have done that out of respect for their contribution to Guns 'N Roses and for them being also IN the band. So I am glad he did and LATE FALL is still to come.

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »

Maybe the parts were re-recorded so that buckethead and whoever doesn't get royalties.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

we're at the point where we dont even know what Chinese Democracy could be.

It could be quite different to what we expect. ?ie - it might be the name of the trilogy of albums that axl was talking about back at the Docklands, London gig in 2002. ?So if Ron and Frank did some recording for CD (the trilogy) - they still might not be on the first cd (whichmay not be titled chinese democracy) - but they might be on something soon to follow.

just a thought. who knows! ?relax! ?go with the flow - I am happy to wait as i know from what I've seen and heard this year - it WILL be worth waiting for.

I dont think merk will be particularly interested in answering emails regarding people pressing for song titles at this stage, dont bug the guy.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »

Del James.

I thought that didn't happen Wink

but other than that i've never seen a statement directly from frank or ron saying they had recorded for chinese democracy...can somebody post those quotes please?

besides, no statement claims they did some recording of Chinese Democracy tracks. Not even the one that didn't happen. to play a few new tracks that will be on cd wouldn't necessarily imply some recording on cd, lets alone rerecording.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: