Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  another "did it really happen?" -Frank interview ("Broken" song)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: another "did it really happen?" -Frank interview ("Broken" song)  (Read 12616 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: November 22, 2006, 04:54:51 AM »

I got this from Cd.com
there's no way to tell if its for real or not.
I dont care if this gets deleted... I think it's a bunch of poop.

After Monday nights gig, I asked the drummer Frank what tracks he's been working on. He couldn't tell me. Why? He's not allowed to discuss it. Please? Sorry he can't. Anything, please? He said that he worked on the title track recently along with a couple new ones. He did alot of free-style drum beats, but they are just scraps, not actual songs. Favorite Track?? Better, Maddy and Broken. My eyes lit up when I heard him mention a title that I never heard of before. I asked him what Broken sounds like. He said sorry, but he can't discuss it any further.

This guy Dan, that I met at the gig, was at the so called after-party at Bubbles Mansion, he didn't see any band members, but he claimed to have seen a disc with three track on it. 1. "Better" & 2. "The Blues" and 3 was also "The Blues" but some kind of edit or remix or alt. take. It was on a disc with cover art similar to the curtains behind the stage at the live shows. He thought it was the upcoming single, but they never played it. The guy that worked at the club was showing it around because it was autographed.

Take it and beat off, or whatever you guys do to rumours.
http://gnrnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=382

Back to top? ? ? ?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:13:05 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 04:57:57 AM »

the guy who posted that.. im pretty sure its the guy who actually runs the eatmysilkworms site..jackamo i think he is otherwise known as? the chris pittman freak? ...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:59:12 AM »

Yeah, it's one of the Pit(god)man freaks. Probably bull.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 05:02:10 AM »

well, it sounds reasonable imo. All that stuff happened, better has a good chance of being 1st single and the coverart of a single usually isn't top notch. Would be cool to have 2 versions of The Blues!

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 05:03:26 AM »

Dude, I'd be happy with one version of the blues.

You know, it doesn't sound that far fetched.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
ben9785
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 05:04:05 AM »

well, it sounds reasonable imo. All that stuff happened, better has a good chance of being 1st single and the coverart of a single usually isn't top notch. Would be cool to have 2 versions of The Blues!
yeah that part seems like a possibility.. but.. yeah i dunno..
it would make sense though..studio version of better..a studio version of the blues..why not.. and yeah i guess..some sort of remix..or maybe a live version? i won't speculate anymore though until there is some sort of confirmation..

but i did figure, and yeah, makes sense, to have another song we've already heard as a bside, and i guess fill in the gap for one more..so yeah a live version or something..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 05:05:05 AM »

Exactly. If it sounds very reasonable, or not reasonable at all, it's usually bullshit. The truth is in the middle.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ben9785
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 05:06:42 AM »

Exactly. If it sounds very reasonable, or not reasonable at all, it's usually bullshit. The truth is in the middle.

true. just for the sake of clearing up any rumours or speculation before it gets out of hand, if anybody who reads this has an email for Merck or somebody in that capacity, can you please just advise them of this development and seek their confirmation as to whether such a disc may exist, especially if a anonymous club employee has got a copy of it?
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 05:07:01 AM »

dont we already have enough versions of the blues live?
I doubt they'll put a live blues as a b-side.
we have numerious soundboard recordings of it...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 05:08:33 AM »

If true, then Frank and Ron are re-recording the new material in lieu of Brain and Buckethead.  Shocked

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ben9785
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:09:03 AM »

dont we already have enough versions of the blues live?
I doubt they'll put a live blues as a b-side.
we have numerious soundboard recordings of it...

as i say i'm not in a position to try to debate the contents of such a single, but even if it was a single, well I guess it would be good to have something from an official source, and most people out there who may buy such a single wouldnt have heard a live bootleg of it.. i really don't care what they would put on a single though...they can put p.diddy remixes of "Better" for all i give a fuck..if the single was to come out, fuck, thats it the wait is over we're getting somewhere. but let's wait and see..

jarmo? anyone?
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 05:12:06 AM »

only us who would buy the single.
other people just dont care.

P.S. I think the whole thing is just bullshit.

ben9785
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 05:15:31 AM »

i'm sure its all bullshit as well, but i think if a single was to come out, people would care. alot. every fan, old school follower, casual music fan, bandwagon jumper, hipster, hater, criticiser and disbeliver and all their merry men would buy that en masse for a first sample of the new album and whats to come.. i really hope a part of that report is right..
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 05:19:14 AM »

If true, then Frank and Ron are re-recording the new material in lieu of Brain and Buckethead.? Shocked
I don't care if Brain's parts are scratched. But Axl should leave Buckethead's parts on the record : twat's final solo is great. And if Bumblefoot is going to re-record everything, it could take a hell of a time. confused confused
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:25:54 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Saboteur
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 05:23:00 AM »

And if Bumblefoot is going to re-record everything, it could take a hell of a time.

And it'll never be half good as buckethead's work
ben9785
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 05:23:37 AM »

I don't think they're going to re-record everything. Bumble may add a few solos or guitar parts. as for Frank.. actually it does make the rumour posted a bit more credible.. i didnt think theyd re-record entire drum tracks,, that'd be a nightmare.. Frank probably added more rythmic drum parts as loops or additional layers. well thats what i would have thought anyway.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 05:24:09 AM »

they can put p.diddy remixes of "Better" for all i give a fuck

hihi

If Broken is a song then Axl has got much better at coming up with song titles since the 2000 intentions days... cocaroach soup...

AND LEAVE BUCKETS TWAT SOLO ALONE, GOD DAMN IT!

ben9785
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 05:27:32 AM »

they can put p.diddy remixes of "Better" for all i give a fuck

hihi

If Broken is a song then Axl has got much better at coming up with song titles since the 2000 intentions days... cocaroach soup...

AND LEAVE BUCKETS TWAT SOLO ALONE, GOD DAMN IT!

yeah i agree, but i think bumble did a pretty good job matching it live from the bootleg i heard.. his guitar isn't the most audible either..the sound cuts in and out especially with all the other guitar layers.. and remember bumble has only played it live..Bucket never did.. i'm not saying buckethead used studio wizardry or anything like that to his advantage, but things are a bit more paced in the studio, whereas live, its a rather complex? and persistent solo guitar part so it may possibly get a little bit sloppy or off cue.. if you haven't heard Bumble in the studio go and check out his solo albums, he does have the technicality to do it, and remember also he's still only pretty new in the band and they haven't played that song live alot. Thats not to say i dont like bucket's guitar part on the demo, of course he fucking nails it, im just saying give Ron a chance yet..
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 05:39:14 AM »

I'll give Bumble a chance, but I'm attached to Buckets TWAT solo. Oh, what could have been Cry

Someone needs to get into contact with Baz to confirm if Broken is real and give a description hihi

ben9785
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 05:44:15 AM »

I'll give Bumble a chance, but I'm attached to Buckets TWAT solo. Oh, what could have been Cry

Someone needs to get into contact with Baz to confirm if Broken is real and give a description hihi

i know what you mean, Bucket's solo is great...we'll just have to wait and see
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: