Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:48:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The goodness of GNR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The goodness of GNR  (Read 9422 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »

The Guns N? Roses online message board was also filled with MacDonald?s transportation dilemma, one suggesting that the band?s management should offer to get her to and from the concert.

What message board?

Anyways guess we better be careful with our words. We never know who's reading the board and for what reasons. Any random post can be turned to their advantage..
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »

Nice for Axl & Co. to take care of this, but...

WTF? Is it like a civil right to see GNR live? And if it doesn't seem to be happening, bitch about the starting times of the band?

I don't know Mary and I don't mean this personally, but (I get to adapt my favorite quote):

"Just because you're in a wheel chair doesn't mean you couldn't be a selfish, narcistic bitch."

"I wanted to see Axl Rose"
"I can't be walking home at one in the morning"
"I have no way home because Access-A-Bus doesn?t pick up its clients after 11:30 p.m"
"If I could wring Axl Rose?s neck, I?d probably do so"
"I am a very deeply disappointed Guns N? Roses fan"

And all I'm saying here is that if I was in charge, I never would've done what GNR camp did after those comments. Good thing I'm not  Grin

You can hate me now.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 02:04:47 PM »

You can hate me now.

I don't hate you.

I agree with you.

But I must point out that you left out a key part of one of Ms. MacDonald's statements: "I wanted to see Axl Rose as far back as the ?80s."

She wanted to see GNR since the 80's, but she had no idea they would be playing so late...?? ?Roll Eyes? And then she blamed GNR and Axl for her dilemma...!? ?Roll Eyes? ?Roll Eyes

While I'm glad she got to go to the show after all, and while I think GNR and/or Need-A-Lift were very kind to accomodate her, I too find her selfish.  I think her beef should have been with the public transportation system up there, not with GNR.

Now people can hate me, too.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 02:15:52 PM »

Well then again that was the way the media adapted her story for their argument.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 02:22:13 PM »

You people wouldn't trade one day of your life to live life in her shoes, let alone a night out to a Guns N Roses concert.

And to blame to transportation company?? Imagine if your boss asked you to work until 2am tonite. Would you?

And no, it isn't a "Civil right" to see GnR, she didn't file a lawsuit against them.. She simply returned her ticket and got her money back. Somehow, a reporter got wind of the story and wrote an article about it. People read the article and did something positive by offering her a ride and the Transportation Company Employees offered to work late (until 2am) to give her a ride home. What did you two do that was so positive other than sit in front of your computer moniter and make fun of her and call her a "selfish, narcistic bitch"

Way to go, you two sound like a bunch of winners. Wish I could hire the both of you to work for my department(NOT!!).

Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2006, 02:42:01 PM »

Way to go, you two sound like a bunch of winners. Wish I could hire the both of you to work for my department(NOT!!).

That's okay, I wouldn't want to work with someone who doesn't expect their co-workers to know their limitations and to take responsibility for themselves.?

I don't find this woman's complaints about the show running too late for public transportation to accomodate her? any different from people's complaints that the show runs too late for them to be able to get to work, school, etc. the next day.? You know your limitations.? Accept them.? Take responsibility for finding out if what you want to do is within your limitations before you try to do it.? And don't go blaming other people if you can't.? That is selfish.? And I don't think I'm making fun of this woman by saying so.

I do think that public transportation for the handicapped should be available around the clock, if for an extra fee.
JonnyG
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

You people wouldn't trade one day of your life to live life in her shoes, let alone a night out to a Guns N Roses concert.

And to blame to transportation company?? Imagine if your boss asked you to work until 2am tonite. Would you?

Many people work until 2am - and it's not usually by choice.

I, too feel it was wrong for her to take this out on GnR in any way, shape or form. As unfortunate as her situation is, it is up to her and her supporters to rally around decent TRANSPORTATION and not band to start earlier. Given the choice, I still would have wanted them to go on at 12. That's when rockers are awake.

My own mother is disabled, and if she wanted to go to GnR but was unable to because of the time or disabled transport I would say nothing about it - thems the breaks and not everything works out in your favor. It's called life. Where's this woman's family? They have more responsibility to her than anyone else (besides herself).

I HATE it when anyone EXPECTS people to go out of their way for them.
Death Cube K
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »

She wanted to see GNR since the 80's, but she had no idea they would be playing so late...?   Roll Eyes  And then she blamed GNR and Axl for her dilemma...!

I was thinking the same thing.....way too weird...if I was in a wheelchair I wouldnt bitch..I would take the necessary actions so I could go. I would ask parents, family, friends of help so I could go. I wouldnt start bitching in the local newspaper.
JonnyG
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2006, 02:50:45 PM »

That's okay, I wouldn't want to work with someone who doesn't expect their co-workers to know their limitations and to take responsibility for themselves.?

I don't find this woman's complaints about the show running too late for public transportation to accomodate her? any different from people's complaints that the show runs too late for them to be able to get to work, school, etc. the next day.? You know your limitations.? Accept them.? Take responsibility for finding out if what you want to do is within your limitations before you try to do it.? And don't go blaming other people if you can't.? That is selfish.? And I don't think I'm making fun of this woman by saying so.

I do think that public transportation for the handicapped should be available around the clock, if for an extra fee.

Here, here! Now let's take this puppy back on topic. Cheesy
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2006, 02:51:27 PM »

So what? What the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING???

Depending on the job, yes I would. There are many jobs that require you to work at 2 am. Regardless of the collar colour...

And no, it isn't a "Civil right" to see GnR, she didn't file a lawsuit against them.. She simply returned her ticket and got her money back. Somehow, a reporter got wind of the story and wrote an article about it. People read the article and did something positive by offering her a ride and the Transportation Company Employees offered to work late (until 2am) to give her a ride home. What did you two do that was so positive other than sit in front of your computer moniter and make fun of her and call her a "selfish, narcistic bitch"

First, no one called anyone anything or made fun of anyone. Learn to read!

Second, what I did was point out that the comments quoted in the article sounded selfish. And I also pointed that it was a nice gesture that someone took care of her dilemma.

What was your input?

Are you seriously one of those fucking retards who can't see beyond other people's disabilities or other issues that put them in a disadvantage? GO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!

I repeat, refrasing in a more general form:

"Just because you're disadvantaged somehow doesn't mean you're a wonderful deserving human being!"
JonnyG
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2006, 02:53:29 PM »

Checkmate.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2006, 05:00:54 PM »

Good for them!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2006, 05:24:37 PM »

I have a daughter that is in a wheelchair. I found the woman to come off as a little selfish. Her complaint shouldbe with the public transportation system. IMO, there should be transportation available to the physically handicapped 24/7, even if it costs a little more in the middle of the night.

I know i bitch alot about the things this band does/doesn't do, but they really went out of their way to accomodate this fan, and i think it's great they did it. I would never expect a band to make arrangements to pick up my daughter so she could get to their show. One thing the wife and i do make sure to teach our daughter is that just because you're handicapped doesn't mean the world owes you something. She's strong willed and wants to do everything herself, so i don't think that'll be a problem.

Annie
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 06:02:20 PM »

I have a daughter that is in a wheelchair. I found the woman to come off as a little selfish. Her complaint shouldbe with the public transportation system. IMO, there should be transportation available to the physically handicapped 24/7, even if it costs a little more in the middle of the night.

I know i bitch alot about the things this band does/doesn't do, but they really went out of their way to accomodate this fan, and i think it's great they did it. I would never expect a band to make arrangements to pick up my daughter so she could get to their show. One thing the wife and i do make sure to teach our daughter is that just because you're handicapped doesn't mean the world owes you something. She's strong willed and wants to do everything herself, so i don't think that'll be a problem.

Sounds like you are a wonderful parent. I have been burned trying to help out manipulative patients and their families but I have also been blessed to have really made a difference in people's lives. I hope that GNR did that for this lady! Consider it her MAKE A WISH that was granted by Uncle Axl!! I just wish the media would focus on the good things Axl has done !!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2006, 06:17:51 PM »

It doesnt even say it was GNR who helped her see the show?!

Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 08:26:08 PM »

It doesnt even say it was GNR who helped her see the show?!

From the article posted here http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39825.msg806413#msg806413, it can be inferred that the GNR camp contacted Need-A-Lift to ensure that Mary MacDonald got a ride to last night's show.? Kudos to both organizations for making that happen.? ?ok

Sounds like you are a wonderful parent. I have been burned trying to help out manipulative patients and their families but I have also been blessed to have really made a difference in people's lives. I hope that GNR did that for this lady! Consider it her MAKE A WISH that was granted by Uncle Axl!! I just wish the media would focus on the good things Axl has done !!!

I agree with both 1badapple and Annie on all the points they made.

1badapple, what you're teaching your daughter -- that the world doesn't owe her anything -- is a great lesson for anyone? to learn.? ?ok

In a perfect world, Ms. MacDonald would be able to call for a van as easily as I can call for a taxi.? But the world isn't perfect.? IMO, having "wanted to see Axl Rose as far back as the ?80s", she should've known that GNR concerts end late and planned accordingly before buying her ticket.? Being disabled (or young, or old, or short, or tall...) is not an excuse for being ignorant.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2006, 01:08:33 AM »

For all the bad press the band can get...for them to do this quietly is very classy. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2006, 01:52:14 AM »

Only "GNR fans" would bitch about the band doing something great for someone who can't walk.
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2006, 03:18:34 AM »

Only "GNR fans" would bitch about the band doing something great for someone who can't walk.

Only "Gagarin" can find any bitching about the band doing something great for someone who can't walk.
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2006, 10:15:52 AM »

Mary should have asked Team Hoyt   peace

http://cjcphoto.com/can/

(Watch the video at the bottom  Cry)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: