Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The goodness of GNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The goodness of GNR  (Read 9439 times)
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 04:34:24 PM »

can someone please explain who the hell Mary is, what GNR is doing to her, and what the fuck the point of this thread is?

Take time to read threads fully before you post? ok

Thanks Mysteron for confirming this. ? ok ?By the way. ?Is the album still slated for an 06 release? ?If you could please confirm or deny this as well. ?Thanks man.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 04:37:07 PM »

can someone please explain who the hell Mary is, what GNR is doing to her, and what the fuck the point of this thread is?

Mary is a wheelchair bound woman in Canada that was unable to go to the show tonight due to transport issues.  GNR has stepped up and is providing her transport to and from the show.

The point of the thread is that it is a NICE read.  Something we haven't had a lot of lately with all the complaining.

Thanks Mysteron for the confirmation. beer

Thanks Bandita! 

and mysteron, i did read the thread, all it said was that "Guns N' Roses will be transporting Mary to and from the concert tonight."  Mary could've been a bag of weed, a pony, or axl's new psychic for all i know  hihi

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »

Mary is a wheelchair bound woman in Canada that was unable to go to the show tonight due to transport issues.? GNR has stepped up and is providing her transport to and from the show.

The point of the thread is that it is a NICE read.? Something we haven't had a lot of lately with all the complaining.

Thanks Mysteron for the confirmation. beer

Thanks Bandita!?

and mysteron, i did read the thread, all it said was that "Guns N' Roses will be transporting Mary to and from the concert tonight."? Mary could've been a bag of weed, a pony, or axl's new psychic for all i know

Click on the link.  Wink
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 04:48:15 PM »

Just because some guy posted that they did, does not mean it is true.

It would be great if it was, but I'm not going to believe it just because somebody posted it.

BB has some contacts with Merck. ?How he got that story I don't know. ?But just because this is a positive story on GNR you choose not to believe this. ?Pfff!!!!! ?I'm the first one to point it out when Axl does something wrong and I don't shy away on saying it. ?Like for the album. ?I'm sick and tired of them playing with us the fans on this. ?But Goddamnit I think it is extremely important to point out the good things he does as well. ?And it makes it better that he chose not to go public with it. ?Shows that Axl is a good man and a good human being after all. ?Pisses me off when someone refuses to believe good actions like this. ? rant

All SLCPunk was saying was don't jump on this just because someone said it happened. Yes, Mysteron confirmed it's true later ( and ty BTW), however at the time SLC posted, there was no confirmation aside from "someone at sp1at"

People here are soo wishy-washy, "CD is not coming out this year" and people say "Bullshit, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about" and "I'm not believing it until I hear it from a valid source"

Then someone posts "Hey someone at Sp1at said Axl & Band do something nice for handicapped fan" and right away we get "Yeayyyy, Axl is great!! love"

SLCPunk was right, in a big picture kindof way, don't beleive everything people post. This time it turned out to be true... but next time ?nervous
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »

It would be great if it was, but I'm not going to believe it just because somebody posted it.

BB has some contacts with Merck. ?How he got that story I don't know. ?But just because this is a positive story on GNR you choose not to believe this. ?Pfff!!!!! ?I'm the first one to point it out when Axl does something wrong and I don't shy away on saying it. ?Like for the album. ?I'm sick and tired of them playing with us the fans on this. ?But Goddamnit I think it is extremely important to point out the good things he does as well. ?And it makes it better that he chose not to go public with it. ?Shows that Axl is a good man and a good human being after all. ?Pisses me off when someone refuses to believe good actions like this. ? rant

All SLCPunk was saying was don't jump on this just because someone said it happened. Yes, Mysteron confirmed it's true later ( and ty BTW), however at the time SLC posted, there was no confirmation aside from "someone at sp1at"

People here are soo wishy-washy, "CD is not coming out this year" and people say "Bullshit, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about" and "I'm not believing it until I hear it from a valid source"

Then someone posts "Hey someone at Sp1at said Axl & Band do something nice for handicapped fan" and right away we get "Yeayyyy, Axl is great!! love"

SLCPunk was right, in a big picture kindof way, don't beleive everything people post. This time it turned out to be true... but next time ?nervous

I agree in a way.  But lately we've all been negative on GNR me included.  But I think this is on hell of a good story and it is important to note the good things on GNR as well.  No grudge held against anyone here.   peace
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 04:56:57 PM »

It?s odd to believe anything coming from spat1 but now Mysteron has confirmed it I just can say this is a very nice gesture from the band Smiley

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »

I really can't believe people are posting negatively in this topic. ?

Have we really become this cynical? no

I am personally glad Mary will get to be at the show because she has been waiting since the 80's to see GNR. ?And her lasting impression will be that the band took the time to address her concern and make sure she was able to be there. ?Sure, in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal but don't you think it is a big deal to that person's life? peace
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 05:00:45 PM »

I really can't believe people are posting negatively in this topic. ?

Have we really become this cynical? no

I am personally glad Mary will get to be at the show because she has been waiting since the 80's to see GNR. ?And her lasting impression will be that the band took the time to address her concern and make sure she was able to be there. ?Sure, in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal but don't you think it is a big deal to that person's life? peace

Amen to that Bandita. 
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 05:02:17 PM »

It?s odd to believe anything coming from spat1 but now Mysteron has confirmed it I just can say this is a very nice gesture from the band Smiley

Seriously.  When it comes to things like this.  No matter what you think of Sp1at.  Why people can't just say cheers to GNR.  I can't believe some of you.   no
anythinggoes
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 05:02:41 PM »

Cool of GN'R to do that there are not many bands around that would bother with something like that and yet people still give them shit, ?
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 05:07:54 PM »

Cool of GN'R to do that there are not many bands around that would bother with something like that and yet people still give them shit, ?

How could someone be negative with a story like this is beyond me.  I can't wait to rock with GNR tomorrow.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 06:19:23 PM »

It's true

Well then that is awesome.  ok
Annie
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 06:42:11 PM »

That was VERY NICE of GNR. I must admit that when I read the original article about this, I had a feeling they would do something nice to help her out! And not for publicity either, just to be nice!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 12:25:08 AM »

This is cool of GN'R.  However, I'd suggest that they print on the ticket what time they'll be taking the stage.  8 is definitely misleading.  They could print two times, show time (for the openers) and than GN'R, which is always at least 11 isn't it?  Include this on ticketmaster's website too.  I don't mind that they go on late, but I understand why people get upset when they don't know ahead of time and end up having to leave a show early or stranded.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 12:30:03 AM »

Very warm-hearted gesture...Hope Mary has the show of a life-time!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 12:44:19 AM »

That's an awesome thing they're doing for her! 
mild_child
Opening Act

love the roses and believe in angels

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 04:49:33 AM »

it's not a big surprise for me that they did this Kiss .After all as far as i remember Axl visited this summer a teen cancer thing so he's a good guy. ok  .For those who don't belive he's able to do things like this sorry for you guys but...

once, someone said: "live and let die"
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »

excellent - nice one Guns.  Perhaps the local disabled transport companies can wake up in Mary's area and realise that their services might be needed for people who still love to go out and rock.  A lovely gesture and great that Mary can see GnR.   beer
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 06:02:26 AM »

This shows that this band and its frontman are really something great.

Congrats GN'R ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 11:40:37 AM »

I just read the article below on thechronicleherald.ca.  Not sure if GNR funded the lift, but it is a really great gesture by whoever did it.  Hopefully it was GNR...

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/542187.html

Disabled GNR fan gets ride

By GREG GUY Entertainment Editor

Mary MacDonald?s dream of seeing Guns N? Roses was to be fulfilled on Monday night.

"I got a drive to and from the concert," the happy Halifax woman said Monday. "Kevin, the owner of Need-A-Lift, offered to take me there and pick me up."

MacDonald, who is confined to a wheelchair, thought her hopes were dashed when she found out the band didn?t go onstage until after 11 p.m., meaning the concert would get out between 1 and 2 a.m. and her original transportation, Access-A-Bus, would have ended its run.

When MacDonald called Need-A-Lift on Sunday to book a ride, she was told they ended their service at midnight.

After a story appeared in The Chronicle Herald on Monday, several people offered to take MacDonald to and from the concert, using their own cars. But MacDonald, who gets around in an electronic wheelchair, said she has to ride in a van with a ramp.

She said she also had a call from Ralph Williams, manager of operations at Trade Centre Ltd., who offered to get her to and from the arena, but she explained she needed a special van.

By 5 p.m. Monday, MacDonald had all but given up hope of seeing her favourite band. She said the Metro Centre offered to refund her ticket, which she was happy about. But she got the news around 5:30 p.m. that Need-A-Lift was coming to pick her up.

The Guns N? Roses online message board was also filled with MacDonald?s transportation dilemma, one suggesting that the band?s management should offer to get her to and from the concert.

One e-mail sent to The Chronicle Herald?s entertainment department, believed to be from the band?s management said: "Guns have personally suggested she be transported to and from the concert. . . . Guns want to give people a real rock n? roll ?70?s night out. Back then people never slept. Late nights and a good time were always on the menu. At the same time, though, they are sensitive to people?s requirements."

( gguy@herald.ca)

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: