Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The goodness of GNR
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The goodness of GNR  (Read 9436 times)
GNFNRAXL
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:28 PM »

This was reported from BigBoss on sp1at.? And I thought I'd share this as it shows GNR cares for their fans.:

"Please note the following story;

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/542064.html
I just wanted to let you know that Guns N' Roses will be transporting Mary to and from the concert tonight.

The thing I find amazing about this is Guns chose not to mention this to anyone. They were happy just to take this story on the chin and the let the world carry on normal.

I have chosen to let you all know, and it'd be good see this posted on other forums."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:46:07 PM by GNFNRAXL » Logged
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:32:45 PM »

Cheers to Guns N' Roses and their management on this. I love stories like that. Axl if you are reading this. I admire you for doing something like that. Shows that you care for your fans and have nothing but admiration for that. I'll be at the concert tomorrow. Hope it rocks! Thank you Axl! Because as a physically disabled person this is special for me. Thanks a 1000000 times for that gesture towards that woman.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 03:38:53 PM »

Can you post the text where GNR states they are providing transportation to this woman?  I would really like to read it and it isn't in the article you posted.

I think this is just great though that they would take the time to hear the concern and respond to one fan in need! beer
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 03:40:12 PM »

Can you post the text where GNR states they are providing transportation to this woman?? I would really like to read it and it isn't in the article you posted.

I think this is just great though that they would take the time to hear the concern and respond to one fan in need! beer

bigboss at sp1at reported this... there is no article on it

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:31 PM »

Can you post the text where GNR states they are providing transportation to this woman?? I would really like to read it and it isn't in the article you posted.

That's the thing. ?There is no text. ?BigBoss learned about it somehow. ?GNR just chose to take this one on the chin and not report to the media what they did. ?Shows the class they got. ?But BB thought it would be good that people now about this as do I. ?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:43:22 PM »

pretty cool they are taking time out to do this.  I wonder if the woman wrote a letter to management stating her frustration.  If that worked then why does our letters of frustration toward the album not work!?!?!?  I dont get it,lol.  ANyway very cool they are doing this..... ok
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »

That's the thing. ?There is no text. ?BigBoss learned about it somehow. ?GNR just chose to take this one on the chin and not report to the media what they did. ?Shows the class they got. ?But BB thought it would be good that people now about this as do I. ?

Oh I see, I really hope it is true then! ?I am not a member on that forum so I can't see anything that has been posted. ?

Thank you for reporting it here though! ?I hope Mary has a great time at the show!
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:48:01 PM »

Cheers to Guns N' Roses and their management on this. I love stories like that. Axl if you are reading this. I admire you for doing something like that. Shows that you care for your fans and have nothing but admiration for that. I'll be at the concert tomorrow. Hope it rocks! Thank you Axl! Because as a physically disabled person this is special for me. Thanks a 1000000 times for that gesture towards that woman.

same here,!!!

i posted the story ahere a couple of hours ago with the hope that GNR managment noticed what was happening with this girl, somehow GNR noticed what heppened with this girl, and they acted in a classy way ?ok
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:55:32 PM »

I wish it could finally shut the world up... they are on the tour, playing their asses off, having a great time and wishing everybody else the same... and CD will follow it all once it is ready? ok .
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 03:57:55 PM »

same here,!!!

i posted the story ahere a couple of hours ago with the hope that GNR managment noticed what was happening with this girl, somehow GNR noticed what heppened with this girl, and they acted in a classy way ?ok

Yeah, I remember that post. Odd how your thread got deleted but when a post is made about GnR doing good it seems to stick around?!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 04:00:18 PM »

is it relating to the MacDonalds wheelchair lady story? If so, or even not, kudos to GNR for (not?)displaying the virtue.  good deed indeed.  yes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »

Just because some guy posted that they did, does not mean it is true.

It would be great if it was, but I'm not going to believe it just because somebody posted it.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »

It would be great if it was, but I'm not going to believe it just because somebody posted it.

Yeah, it may well not be true. She did afterall say shge'd like to wring Axl's neck! He'll be travelling separately then  Grin

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 04:28:44 PM »

It's true
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »

can someone please explain who the hell Mary is, what GNR is doing to her, and what the fuck the point of this thread is?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 04:30:56 PM »

BB has some contacts with Merck. ?How he got that story I don't know. ?But just because this is a positive story on GNR you choose not to believe this. ?Pfff!!!!! ?I'm the first one to point it out when Axl does something wrong and I don't shy away on saying it. ?Like for the album. ?I'm sick and tired of them playing with us the fans on this. ?But Goddamnit I think it is extremely important to point out the good things he does as well. ?And it makes it better that he chose not to go public with it. ?Shows that Axl is a good man and a good human being after all. ?Pisses me off when someone refuses to believe good actions like this. ? rant
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 04:31:54 PM »

can someone please explain who the hell Mary is, what GNR is doing to her, and what the fuck the point of this thread is?

Mary is a wheelchair bound woman in Canada that was unable to go to the show tonight due to transport issues. ?GNR has stepped up and is providing her transport to and from the show.

The point of the thread is that it is a NICE read. ?Something we haven't had a lot of lately with all the complaining.

Thanks Mysteron for the confirmation. beer
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 04:32:42 PM »

Take time to read threads fully before you post  ok
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 04:32:57 PM »

Ok so if we post threads that are positive to GNR you're all going to complain about "what the fuck the point is". ?The point is that it shows that GNR are well intentioned. ?Jesus Christ!
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »

That's great !!! GNR rules Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: