Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:45:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When the mystery unravels?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When the mystery unravels?  (Read 3822 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« on: November 20, 2006, 07:48:06 AM »

When the mystery unravels?

?and it will. Has anyone really though about how this place will look.

No more insiders. What will they be able to tell us, the new album details, so what? The only reason people can play with our heads now is based on the ridiculous wait and hype for this album.

Merck won?t matter. Sanctuary won?t matter. Label, distributor, etc won?t matter. The band will be a normal band on a normal release schedule until proven otherwise.

Jarmo won?t need to delete posts. Lots of the regulars on these boards will leave because A) they didn?t like the album. B) They were only her for the ?mystique? of Chinese Democracy. Many, many more will join and most will be 14 year old Killers fans.

Eventually, people will forget the years of waiting.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 07:49:53 AM »

We may forget the waiting for CD, but it will only be because we'll be waiting for the next album. How long is that gonna take hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 07:50:55 AM »

I won't, mate. Axl should give us a big thanks for the amount of time alot of his fans have waited for Chinese Democracy.. Not many artists can leave the industry for 8 years, then another 4 and expect to have as big, or loyal, a fan base as Axl's..

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:07:17 AM »

Axl should give us a big thanks for the amount of time alot of his fans have waited for Chinese Democracy

I heard a rumour that a cover of " Thank you for being a friend" made the final cut.... rofl

Seriously though, the whole waiting, rumours, false dawns, old band v new band debate and the turning up late/never is the enigma that is Guns n' Funkin' Roses

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:56:40 AM »

When the mystery unravels?

?and it will. Has anyone really though about how this place will look.

No more insiders. What will they be able to tell us, the new album details, so what? The only reason people can play with our heads now is based on the ridiculous wait and hype for this album.

Merck won?t matter. Sanctuary won?t matter. Label, distributor, etc won?t matter. The band will be a normal band on a normal release schedule until proven otherwise.

Jarmo won?t need to delete posts. Lots of the regulars on these boards will leave because A) they didn?t like the album. B) They were only her for the ?mystique? of Chinese Democracy. Many, many more will join and most will be 14 year old Killers fans.

Eventually, people will forget the years of waiting.

Oh yeah. We'll be dinosaurs.

...like old men

"Back in my day, I remember when we had to wait 15 years for a new original Guns N' Roses album".

Kid - "Really?"

"Yeah... there was a time."

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
zigthis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 11:24:54 AM »

Sheeit - I still remember the wait for Use Your Illusion.? For me that took eons compared to this, because I was in jr/high school at that time.? When you're a kid with no responsibilities, your favorite band means everything to you.? I remember me and my girlfriend watching "Patience" on the American Music Awards and being just awestruck by the performance: Axl's 'Catholic Action' jacket, Slash's amazing solo, the extended ending.? She was literally in tears watching it, and right at the last note we just grabbed eachother and went at it.? Basically the band's five minute set sucessfully de-virginized the both of us.

I can remember vividly grabbing for any bootleg or scrap of new material and waiting for that album like it was the holy grail.? Then they started touring long before the album hit.? I was supposed to be at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center show (where they taped "Get in the Ring") but missed it cause but mom-dukes wouldn't let me go to "that crap".

This is like a dejavu / second round of waiting for me, and probably alot of folks here.? When the mystery unravels, we'll still be here, commenting on this or that, pining for new material or the next album, and grumbling about when Axl and Slash are gonna bury the hatchet...

....March 2012, when the band is eligible for Hall of Fame induction.? It's only five and a half years away.? Watch...

-=ZIG
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 11:26:06 AM »

Jarmo won?t need to delete posts.

Oh gawd, yes he will.

So many dumb posts now, I can not imagine how it will be when the flood gates open.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 11:37:32 AM »

Oh gawd, yes he will.

So many dumb posts now, I can not imagine how it will be when the flood gates open.

I meant the "so called communist regime of late" as per MyGN'R. Not my words people, no - karma please. Just explaining my reference.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 11:44:21 AM »

Oh gawd, yes he will.

Totally, its as if people have no filter between their brains and their mouths haha.  i've seen some of the dumbest threads in the last 3 weeks.  this section is so rampant with crap its barely worth checking out lately Sad

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 11:46:07 AM »

Totally, its as if people have no filter between their brains and their mouths haha.  i've seen some of the dumbest threads in the last 3 weeks.  this section is so rampant with crap its barely worth checking out lately Sad

It is like a "Duh" convention let out in front of an internet cafe.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 01:45:40 PM »

Sheeit - I still remember the wait for Use Your Illusion.? For me that took eons compared to this, because I was in jr/high school at that time.? When you're a kid with no responsibilities, your favorite band means everything to you.? I remember me and my girlfriend watching "Patience" on the American Music Awards and being just awestruck by the performance: Axl's 'Catholic Action' jacket, Slash's amazing solo, the extended ending.? She was literally in tears watching it, and right at the last note we just grabbed eachother and went at it.? Basically the band's five minute set sucessfully de-virginized the both of us.

hahaha did you make that up? thats a cool story. I wish Gnr made my girlfriend that horny.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 02:07:29 PM »

Oh gawd, yes he will.

You're absolutely right about that.  It will be much, much, much worse that it is right now.  I can't even imagine how many threads we are going to see about each individual song on CD asking, "Do we like it or not?" I don't look forward to that at all and hopefully by then something is done to help avoid that shit from happening... New rules for new posters or something. Maybe GNR.com will have an official forum by the time the album is released??

I also don't think many people that are "regulars" here are going to be leaving, whether they like the album or not.  I think it's pretty safe to assume that if YOU ARE A REGULAR HERE, you will like the album.  Most people here have heard the leaks or heard new songs live and those songs make up half of the album (or more), and it wouldn't make sense for people to be HERE RIGHT NOW if they completely hated the new songs we have already heard.

"Eventually the people will forget the years of waiting..." - I disagree with that and nobody here will ever forget the long as fuck wait we have all gone through.  It's been a long, long, long wait and hopefully the wait will end up being worth it.  The better the album is, the more the lengthy wait doesn't matter. 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 02:12:04 PM »

The inevitable 20 page threads after the release

15 years wait for this?

Why didn't they include XXX on the album?

Axl has lost it

I love the album, appreciation goes here!!!

The album is not selling as expected, are we looking at a flop?

Your favorite track

Worst track

Ugh......

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »

15 years wait for this?

Axl has lost it

Your favorite track

Worst track

Ugh......

Not to mention the "[former guitarist name] would have played the solo on [track name] sssooooo much better then [current guitarist name]!!!" 

At least 20 of those threads hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »

Sheeit - I still remember the wait for Use Your Illusion.  For me that took eons compared to this, because I was in jr/high school at that time.  When you're a kid with no responsibilities, your favorite band means everything to you.  I remember me and my girlfriend watching "Patience" on the American Music Awards and being just awestruck by the performance: Axl's 'Catholic Action' jacket, Slash's amazing solo, the extended ending.  She was literally in tears watching it, and right at the last note we just grabbed eachother and went at it.  Basically the band's five minute set sucessfully de-virginized the both of us.

I can remember vividly grabbing for any bootleg or scrap of new material and waiting for that album like it was the holy grail.  Then they started touring long before the album hit.  I was supposed to be at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center show (where they taped "Get in the Ring") but missed it cause but mom-dukes wouldn't let me go to "that crap".

This is like a dejavu / second round of waiting for me, and probably alot of folks here.  When the mystery unravels, we'll still be here, commenting on this or that, pining for new material or the next album, and grumbling about when Axl and Slash are gonna bury the hatchet...

....March 2012, when the band is eligible for Hall of Fame induction.  It's only five and a half years away.  Watch...

-=ZIG

Awwwwww... How romantic.  "We just went at it."  haha Wink

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 02:28:14 PM »

Some people are saying that there will be less people in the GNR boards if the album isn't released this year. I think it will be the opposite : people will be losing progressively interest once Chin Dem is released.

Waiting for the album is the main reason for being here. And this main reason may soon disappear...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 02:32:53 PM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 02:30:23 PM »

I can see it already. When this thing is released, all boards (especially this one) are literally gonna FLOOD with newbies who don't know shit about GNR (people who have only heard CD) thinking they're their biggest fans. Expect threads like: "OMG, I AV JUST BOUGHT CD N IT LYK TOTALLY ROX, GNR IZ DA BEST BAND EVER, OMG OMG WEN R THEY GUNNA RELEASE ANOTHA ALBUM, CNT WAIT INNIT"

Oh, God... I'm scared. nervous
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 02:33:35 PM »

Yeah it will be interesting here if the thing is ever actually released. I'm not holding my breath.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 02:39:15 PM »

15 years wait for this?

Axl has lost it

Your favorite track

Worst track

Ugh......

holy shit that was funny.  you nailed every cliche post out there.  The ones about the album sales will be the most annoying - like anyone here has any vested interest in how many millions of copies are sold. 

I think there will be at least 10 threads comparing CD to velvet revolver too.

Nobody is going to "leave" though.  if anything regulars will just turn into lurkers and not post as much.  I think we'll all survive Smiley

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 02:40:26 PM »

I can see it already. When this thing is released, all boards (especially this one) are literally gonna FLOOD with newbies who don't know shit about GNR (people who have only heard CD) thinking they're their biggest fans. Expect threads like: "OMG, I AV JUST BOUGHT CD N IT LYK TOTALLY ROX, GNR IZ DA BEST BAND EVER, OMG OMG WEN R THEY GUNNA RELEASE ANOTHA ALBUM, CNT WAIT INNIT"

Oh, God... I'm scared. nervous

Good impression and unfortunately VERY, VERY TRUE.  I hope to God that never happens but I think it's pretty fucking inevitable once the album is out.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: