Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ottawa Updates???
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ottawa Updates???  (Read 5154 times)
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 04:34:43 AM »

Glad to see more folks had a kickass time at this show.   ok
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 04:36:04 AM »

by the way, did a pre party ever happen?
unfortunately i was getting there by bus and the first one to come arrived at scoatiabank place just in time for the doors to open. ?

robots.
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 04:36:37 AM »

Glad to see more folks had a kickass time at this show.? ?ok

THE kickassing-est

robots.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 04:42:25 AM »

by the way, did a pre party ever happen?
unfortunately i was getting there by bus and the first one to come arrived at scoatiabank place just in time for the doors to open. 

I went but didn't meet one person from the boards.. did meet 2 cool guys from Quebec tho who I had a few beers with and they gave me a lift to the show.

Another thing I saw (I'm remembering other stuff) while I was out the back I saw some dude turfed out (this was before the Guns set).. dunno hwta he did, but he was pissed. he spat at the guards and the cops came to get him because he refused to leave.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 04:50:22 AM »

turfed out

Eh?

hihi

I'm unfamiliar with the term.  Does this mean he was lying on the ground...   Huh
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 04:50:36 AM »

that really sucks dude...
part of the problem is the bussing, because there is no fucking way to get out there, scotiabank place is in the middle of fucking NOWHERE.
i was really hoping to meet a lot more people than i did. a few people complimented me on my homemade gnr shirt, some drunk dudes hit on me, this dude talked to me for like a minute, some dude asked me for a cigarette but that's it. i was with a friend so it was cool, but still, it's not everyday you're in a setting where people WANT to talk hardcore about guns n' roses.....

robots.
anythinggoes
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 05:23:01 AM »

turfed out

Eh?

hihi

I'm unfamiliar with the term.? Does this mean he was lying on the ground...? Huh?

removed from the building
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 07:07:07 AM »

Awesome for the recording spacebrain5000, can't wait to listen to that! Glad you had an awesome time! Smiley

Fakesmile
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 09:28:16 AM »

Hell Yeah! What a fucking show. 

The opening act was good.

The Suicide Girls was ok - 5 stripper doing a show.... and lots of titties. This one girl with a hulla-hoop was fucking amazing.

Sebastian Bach was fuckin' pumped to be back in his home province. And during Bach's set the Trailer Park Boys came out and sang a few songs.

Slave To The Grind
Big Guns
Here I Am
Deep Inside (I think) - new song
The Threat
Bitch Slapped (again I think) - not sure if it's new or a cover
Piece Of Me
By Your Side - new song
Midnight Tornado
Baz with the Trailer Park Boys ( a Rush cover but I can't remember which one, the I think The Trailer Park Boys theme song) - I don't know I don't watch that show
18 And Life
new song but don't know the name.
I Remember You (if I remember correctly it's at the beginning of this song where Baz fucks up and calls us Toronto.
Monkey Business
Youth Gone Wild
(some songs are not in order of play)

Then came the big one... GN'R baby!!!
At some point you could hardly hear Axl sing because the crowd was singing so fucking loud. I know it'll take me a few days before I could speak properly.

Welcome To The Jungle
It's so Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Robin solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
You Could Be Mine
Knocking On Heaven's Door
Better
Dizzy solo
The Blues
Axl puts Richard on the spot when he asks us to help him sing Happy Birthday to him
Richard solo/ Beautiful with Robin
Out Ta Get Me
November Rain
Ron solo - Oh Canada/Don't Cry
My Michelle (with Baz)
Used To Love Her
Patience
Nightrain

encore

the Trailer Park Boys came on stage and asked us if we wanted more from Axl and the boys.

I.R.S.
Madagascar
Paradise City

Truely an amazing show. Me, my girlfriend (she knows the new songs because 99% of the time I only listen to GN'R) and some dude in the row next to me were the only ones rockin' out to the new songs, which was cool.

Well that's it. I only got 3 hours of sleep so I guess this is goodbye for now. Catch you guys later.

Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 10:21:35 AM »

Finally someone gives me Baz's setlist!!  I've been wondering what he's playing for weeks.

Glad you had a good time at the show, I look forward to seeing them on the 27th.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 10:24:41 AM »

The opening act was good.

The Suicide Girls was ok - 5 stripper doing a show.... and lots of titties. This one girl with a hulla-hoop was fucking amazing.

Sebastian Bach was fuckin' pumped to be back in his home province. And during Bach's set the Trailer Park Boys came out and sang a few songs.

Slave To The Grind
Big Guns
Here I Am
Deep Inside (I think) - new song
The Threat
Bitch Slapped (again I think) - not sure if it's new or a cover
Piece Of Me
By Your Side - new song
Midnight Tornado
Baz with the Trailer Park Boys ( a Rush cover but I can't remember which one, the I think The Trailer Park Boys theme song) - I don't know I don't watch that show
18 And Life
new song but don't know the name.
I Remember You (if I remember correctly it's at the beginning of this song where Baz fucks up and calls us Toronto.
Monkey Business
Youth Gone Wild
(some songs are not in order of play)

Then came the big one... GN'R baby!!!
At some point you could hardly hear Axl sing because the crowd was singing so fucking loud. I know it'll take me a few days before I could speak properly.

Welcome To The Jungle
It's so Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Robin solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
You Could Be Mine
Knocking On Heaven's Door
Better
Dizzy solo
The Blues
Axl puts Richard on the spot when he asks us to help him sing Happy Birthday to him
Richard solo/ Beautiful with Robin
Out Ta Get Me
November Rain
Ron solo - Oh Canada/Don't Cry
My Michelle (with Baz)
Used To Love Her
Patience
Nightrain

encore

the Trailer Park Boys came on stage and asked us if we wanted more from Axl and the boys.

I.R.S.
Madagascar
Paradise City

Truely an amazing show. Me, my girlfriend (she knows the new songs because 99% of the time I only listen to GN'R) and some dude in the row next to me were the only ones rockin' out to the new songs, which was cool.

Well that's it. I only got 3 hours of sleep so I guess this is goodbye for now. Catch you guys later.

Thanks for the review. I love Baz' set. Plus I love the fact that Madagascar came back too!!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 10:32:34 AM »

encore

I.R.S.
Madagascar
Paradise City

3 song encore!  Whoo-hooo!  Just think if people actually knew the new songs.......maybe one of these days.  Maybe 11/21
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 10:34:17 AM by evergreen_layne » Logged

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Fakesmile
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 10:39:37 AM »

Oh yeah! That Rush cover I was telling you guys about is "Closer To The Heart".
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »

Doesn't anyone have pictures of the tralior park boys with axl?  I would really love to see that.  That show is so hilarious!

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »

It's awesome that IRS and Madagascar were both in the encore. Cool  But then again, I think Axl needs to have more than 2 new songs in the main setlist.  Lots of people leave before the encore. Sad

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 12:01:39 PM »

Heres my review:

First of the crowd. I would say quite eclectic, although more urban and a lot more sophisticated than you would expect at a GNR concert. I guess times have changed. Most people were in their mid 20s, 30s and 40s. I don?t know if it?s a usual occurrence at GNR shows but plenty of women and very attractive mind you. Even Axl mentioned how attractive the ladies were. Something like ?Look at all the beautiful women here tonight? and ?You?re all little heartbreakers aren?t you? Lol. During Baz?s set one chick flashed her Boobies on Bubbles request I believe and she was shown on the big screen. I would say the people in the GA section were hardcore and in the upper levels were mostly casual fans that came to have a good time. From where I was sitting, which were in the 100 levels I noticed in front of me a really old couple with white hair and right in front of them a mom with like 5 12-year-old kids. I guess some were her kids and some their friends. Those kids were really impressive, dressed up in GNR T-shirts, really into the show, even sang along to Madagascar so they were quite hardcore. There was even one lady who took her really young kid outside during Suicide Girls which I thought was quite funny. The couple on my right didn?t really know too many songs or any lyrics but were very appreciative. The dude next to me seemed to enjoy it quite a bit although, his friend was complaining during November Rain about Slash not being there and how he wanted to hear Civil War. Kept saying ?What?s so Civil about war anyway?. Speaking of which when they played that ?What we?ve got hear? part during Madagascar a lot of people started to cheer thinking they would go into Civil War. Overall it was really packed and the crowd were really into the show. Sweet Child got the biggest cheer. The thing for me was I?m so used to seeing bands in small clubs I didn?t get to really enjoy it as much in the 100 levels. I kept looking at the screens more than the stage so that kinda sucked. I must comment about the sound. Unfortunately not the greatest from where I was sitting anyway. During Jungle, Axl?s voice was drowned by the guitars which were insanely loud especially Fincks. Same with Nightrain. I could barely hear Ron's outro solo. Finck?s solo was kinda lame. I don?t wanna sound like a pompous ass but I?m being honest. I listen to a lot of Instrumental guitar music and have heard an insane amount of guitar players, ofcource Ron Thal and Buckethead way before they joined. His solos in the songs are good though. Richards solo was good. Before his solo Axl asked everyone to sing Happy Birthday saying he wanted to ?embarrass? Richard and everyone sang Happy Birthday. Of course I was there to  support my main man Ron who dressed up like a member of the Russian army marching out in winter. He had a black coat on sorta like the Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz  and had a Russian hat. When Axl introduced him he called him Ron Bumblefoot ?The Communist"Thal, to which Ron had quite an animated reaction like ?Why ya callin? me a communist man common? lol. Looked cool though. He definitely got the biggest response especially for playing Oh Canada when a lot of people stood up and people really enjoyed his Don?t Cry. I thought it would drag but it didn?t. His guitar though was way down during Nightrain and During his solo to November rain he was running down the stairs and all over the stage instead of being stationary like he usually is. I must admit I missed Slash on November rain though. For me what really stood out were the new songs. Man I?ll tell ya the bootlegs do NOT do them justice at all. Axl?s voice was amazing during the new songs, never off key at all and quite raspy. The new songs all got a very good response especially Better and The Blues. I was happy that they played Madagascar instead of CD for the encore cuz I was pretty tired towards the end and wanted to hear a ballad. Patience was great and I loved it when Axl ran around. Axl even shook hands with a lot of the crowd, didn?t know he did that anymore. Funny couple of incidents when I went outside; I saw one guy dressed up like Buckethead walking around with his friends and when I went to the toilet during Suicide Girls there was a couple having sex in the toilet stall. Would be a funny story for the kid if she gets knocked up. Well that?s pretty much it. After seeing them on videos and reading the numerous reviews I finally went and saw their show. It was almost like a pilgrimage for me, something I just had to do.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

and all of it is pristinely contained in a lent super sleek digital recorder

Please send me a copy of this when you can spacebrain!!! yes ok beer
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 01:44:44 PM »

GLAD the best new song is back in the set MADAGASCAR..keep it up Axl.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »

Thanks a lot for the reviews guys!!!!  enjoyed it!!!  beer beer

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2006, 02:19:51 PM »

I copied and pasted some professional previews and reviews from the Ottawa media over at www.gnrbar.com. Sorry, I just don't have the energy to do it at all the forums. Reall great preview/review. Someone did their homework.  ok

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN: