Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Killing for the PS3??
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killing for the PS3??  (Read 7597 times)
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 12:24:29 PM »

ahahah silly

WII is way better Smiley

I'm going to line up for mine this afternoon. 

I got a chance to play at a demo kiosk and that pretty much alleviated my concerns about the controller.

Price tag ($249) is a lot easier to swallow, too.

I want to get the Wii so bad. Right now the only two games im even interested in are Red Steel and Zelda.

I have a Wii guarunteed to me tomorrow with those exact same games.  I can't wait for Zelda.  I hear it has over 100 hours of gameplay.

Well after you play it tell me what you think, I think one of my friends will be getting one today(or maybe tommorow) and I might just check his out.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 03:02:21 PM »

Sad people  Embarrassed

I like the occasional game on something, but wouldn't have anything if I didn't use the net and subsequently have a pc and games lying around.  I kind of grew up gaming but I'm trying to shake it off becuase it is a pure waste of time.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 03:04:59 PM »

Right now the PS3 is "fetching bewteen 2,000 and 15,000 dollars on ebay."  YES $15,000!!!!!  First of all, who the fuck would pay either of those prices for a PS3??  It's not even remotely close to as good as they said it would be and most of the launch games are extremely poor.  The 360 launch was much better than this and I'm sure I'm not the only one a little disappointed in it... DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!

Anyway, over half of the people that picked it up at the regular price were scalpers and now they're selling them for ten times the ammount on ebay.  Although that sounds like a great way to make some money, people are getting the shit kicked out of them and shot at because of the money they can make off a console.  It just blows my mind how sad some people in society are.  Some people even got shot with a BB gun while waiting in line and they ended up leaving the line after waiting a whole day.  Obviously being hit with BB's isn't a horrible experience, but it's the principle of the whole thing.  It's upsetting that it has come down to shit like this and the same thing happened with the 360 when it came out; people got beat up and stores were robbed.

Is it up to the company manufacturing the systems to stop with these huge shortages??  Why not produce enough for everyone??  If Sony is apparently LOSING hundreds of dollars on each PS3, don't you think they would not be too happy if some people were making a $3,000 profit on theirs??  It's a fucked up situation and pretty fucking pathetic.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 03:09:29 PM »

ahahah silly

WII is way better Smiley

I'm going to line up for mine this afternoon. 

I got a chance to play at a demo kiosk and that pretty much alleviated my concerns about the controller.

Price tag ($249) is a lot easier to swallow, too.

I want to get the Wii so bad. Right now the only two games im even interested in are Red Steel and Zelda.

I have a Wii guarunteed to me tomorrow with those exact same games.  I can't wait for Zelda.  I hear it has over 100 hours of gameplay.

Red Steel is a horrible, horrible game.  I played it a couple of days ago and the game was honestly laughable.  Then I went to gamespot.com today and found a review for it and they agreed with my first impressions of it.  I think it got around a 5 out of 10 and gamespot is usually pretty good with their reviews.  Zelda on the other hand got an 8.8, so at least you'll have one good game.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »

I've always liked nintendo the zelda games are the best thing about them oh and i always liked the metroid games. most the mario games are usually pretty good too.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 06:46:06 PM »

why dont the people just wait a year.

prices come down and you get a better version.

html sucks
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 07:53:51 PM »

why dont the people just wait a year.

prices come down and you get a better version.

It's true. I never understand launch buyers.

gnrevolution.com
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 08:33:49 PM »

Some people just have to have the latest greatest thing no matter what the cost.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 03:14:38 AM »

Some people just have to have the latest greatest thing no matter what the cost.

True... last year I wanted the new xbox so bad... two of my friends got it the day it came out, the others got it for christmas, and I finally got it the month after christmas... but so far no problems, and the two that got it at launch have barely played it so they kind of wasted 400$

But for the PS3, I wasn't really excited, I thought about buying one to re-sell on e-bay, but decided against it, and the Wii does look cool, and with the cheap price tag I will probably get one soon but Once again I wasn't that excited... but my friend did call me earlier tonight to tell me he was in line at wal-mart, number 27 out of 30 and he was getting a Wii...hopefully he brings it over tommorow.  hihi
Fspen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 04:18:20 AM »

It's acceptable to be hyped about a game console and its even ok to hear about those guys who wait in line for a day to get one.

I even expect some of the violent reprobates of society to rob and steal these things ... because they exist out there.

But what I don't get is the average, hardworking Joe going ape shit in a store for one.  With all the pushing, shoving and trampling... How ridiculous is that?  Is a little civility out in public asking too much?

And what the hell, 500-600$ could have bought you like 5 or 6 tickets to a Guns N' Roses show!   hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 07:09:38 AM »

True... last year I wanted the new xbox so bad... two of my friends got it the day it came out, the others got it for christmas, and I finally got it the month after christmas... but so far no problems, and the two that got it at launch have barely played it so they kind of wasted 400$

But for the PS3, I wasn't really excited, I thought about buying one to re-sell on e-bay, but decided against it, and the Wii does look cool, and with the cheap price tag I will probably get one soon but Once again I wasn't that excited... but my friend did call me earlier tonight to tell me he was in line at wal-mart, number 27 out of 30 and he was getting a Wii...hopefully he brings it over tommorow.  hihi
I would be hoping that too. I don't know if the Zelda and Metroid games came out at launch but those look really good.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

i had one for a couple days from some buddies at ubisoft

now im waiting for my real one on december 8th? in france Sad

what game are you gonna get ? zelda ?

I got one!? And Zelda (and only Zelda) for now.? ?Probably Elabits when it comes out...possibly Excite Truck and Red Steel from others for Xmas gifts.

20 hours in line...though I was 2nd in line for 63 available consoles, so...but the Best Buy (we had a 10% off coupon to use, + a $50 gift card...and Free interest for 6 months...it'll be paid off in December's payment) is 30 minutes from me, and they wouldn't say how many they were getting over the phone.? Once I drove out there at about 1 PM yesterday, and saw I'd have company, I stayed.? It was cold, but fun.? Much less rowdy than the PS3 crowd, we were told.

On the PS3 thing...we had 3 or 4 guy "pedalling" PS3's in various flavors (20 and 60 gigs).? Apparently, the ebay prices are dropping??? Or so they seemed to say......No takers, though. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 12:46:29 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 12:45:02 PM »

Sad people? Embarrassed

I like the occasional game on something, but wouldn't have anything if I didn't use the net and subsequently have a pc and games lying around.? I kind of grew up gaming but I'm trying to shake it off becuase it is a pure waste of time.

When you're married, with a wife, kids, and demanding job...sometimes a "pure waste of time" is exactly what the doctor ordered. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 04:00:11 PM »

I would be hoping that too. I don't know if the Zelda and Metroid games came out at launch but those look really good.

Zelda's out, but not metroid.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 04:19:03 PM »

i'm worried now, when i get one in march, am i gonna shot or something, i live in notingham u see.

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 05:38:26 PM »

http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2951

SmashMyWii.com  hihi
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »

Off topic, but I got a virus when I clicked that link.  Some type of browser exploit.
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
At least the people spending thousands on a PS3 are actually planning to use it!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2006, 05:54:39 PM »

there is a smashmyps3.com too

it's an interesting social experiment.

Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 05:55:45 PM »

It would be interesting if they didn't prance about looking like idiots.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: