Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:53:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sportsnet.ca Blog Review
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sportsnet.ca Blog Review  (Read 4650 times)
daubs
« on: November 17, 2006, 04:05:30 PM »

This is from Sportsnet.Ca (canadian sports network), one of the writers on the site went to a concert and gave it a terrible review:

"It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

We're not even close to the NHL finish line yet, but it's fair to define the first 16 games of the season as the "start", so lets just say teams like the Oilers and Senators are looking forward to validating the above statement. Which is where last night's Guns n' Roses show comes in.

The security line outside was delayed by a mulleted man in his early 40's wearing white high tops and sweat pants to match. Think Deaner from the movie Fubar. In fact, damn... come to think of it... it WAS Deaner. Anyway, he's pleading with a security guard to let him back in the building. His explanation? "my buddy got kicked out cause he's drunk, but he puked and he's in the back of the limo now, and I need to get back in before the show, man". Hope dude didn't pay for the damage deposit.

Four beer and 56 bucks later we're on our way to our seats for the first opening act. Now, I know what you're thinking: Why in Paradise City were you there for the first opening act Bigdude? Because it was 9:30, and we figured that was late enough to parachute in after the warm-ups. But given GNR's track record, we should have known better - Axl didn't stumble out until 11:30. But fortunately, the two hours leading up to GNR was worth the price of admission. Well, maybe not the price of admission, but definitely the 56 dollar beers.

We slowly pushed our way through a sea of freshly trimmed mullets, and eventually to our seats, where "Suicide Girls" was midway through their set. They had no musical instruments. Didn't need 'em. They're strippers. They strip to 'metal. Many of them at once. I had been a fan of the Suicide Girls for exactly four minutes, but four minutes into the show, I didn't care if Axl Rose EVER went onstage.

When the Suicide Girls finished "performing" - to the loudest ovation of the night - they were followed by Sebastian Bach (with his new band). Sebastian is the half-brother of former Phoenix Coyote goaltender Zach Bierk. And to be honest, I'm not sure who wears more leather on game nights. Bach's band was not Skid Row, but they did every Skid Row classic, and did both of them very well. Bach played the roll of arrogant, aging, self-absorbed rock star to a tee, right down to the white, ankle-high, zippered cowboy boots slightly hidden under black leather chaps. Bach's chatter between songs was littered with so much profanity that it was hard to decipher. "every &*%$* time we play this &*%$*# town we #$@* rock the mother #$@* house mother #$@*, so &*%$*#- sing this *&%$ with us &*%$*# suckers!!!" So we did. "You're crime is time and it's EIGHTEEN AND LIFE TO GOOOOOOOO".

But that's when it all ground to a halt. Guns n' Roses was terrible. There's no other way to describe it. Not only is Axl trying to sell us on his new character with dreadlocks, but he was under the misguided notion that we came to see him play the piano. If I wanted to see someone perform on a piano, I'd have arrived earlier for the Suicide Girls. Axl was terrible, his new band was terrible, and the sound was terrible. So when Mrs. Dude told me 45 minutes into the set that she had to go to the ladies room, I didn't flinch, and for the first time, I left a show early.

My point here is that it's not how you start, it's how you finish. And although we got full value for the first half of the show, when someone asks me how the show was, I tell them it was terrible because that's how it finished.

Are the Oilers and Senators off to terrible starts? Ottawa is little more troubled than Edmonton right now, but by all accounts, yes. But it's not how you start, it's how you finish, just ask the Suicide Girls."
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:09:15 PM »

this review is ridiculous. insane.
no other way to describe it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »

This is from Sportsnet.Ca (canadian sports network), one of the writers on the site went to a concert and gave it a terrible review:

"It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

We're not even close to the NHL finish line yet, but it's fair to define the first 16 games of the season as the "start", so lets just say teams like the Oilers and Senators are looking forward to validating the above statement. Which is where last night's Guns n' Roses show comes in.

The security line outside was delayed by a mulleted man in his early 40's wearing white high tops and sweat pants to match. Think Deaner from the movie Fubar. In fact, damn... come to think of it... it WAS Deaner. Anyway, he's pleading with a security guard to let him back in the building. His explanation? "my buddy got kicked out cause he's drunk, but he puked and he's in the back of the limo now, and I need to get back in before the show, man". Hope dude didn't pay for the damage deposit.

Four beer and 56 bucks later we're on our way to our seats for the first opening act. Now, I know what you're thinking: Why in Paradise City were you there for the first opening act Bigdude? Because it was 9:30, and we figured that was late enough to parachute in after the warm-ups. But given GNR's track record, we should have known better - Axl didn't stumble out until 11:30. But fortunately, the two hours leading up to GNR was worth the price of admission. Well, maybe not the price of admission, but definitely the 56 dollar beers.

We slowly pushed our way through a sea of freshly trimmed mullets, and eventually to our seats, where "Suicide Girls" was midway through their set. They had no musical instruments. Didn't need 'em. They're strippers. They strip to 'metal. Many of them at once. I had been a fan of the Suicide Girls for exactly four minutes, but four minutes into the show, I didn't care if Axl Rose EVER went onstage.

When the Suicide Girls finished "performing" - to the loudest ovation of the night - they were followed by Sebastian Bach (with his new band). Sebastian is the half-brother of former Phoenix Coyote goaltender Zach Bierk. And to be honest, I'm not sure who wears more leather on game nights. Bach's band was not Skid Row, but they did every Skid Row classic, and did both of them very well. Bach played the roll of arrogant, aging, self-absorbed rock star to a tee, right down to the white, ankle-high, zippered cowboy boots slightly hidden under black leather chaps. Bach's chatter between songs was littered with so much profanity that it was hard to decipher. "every &*%$* time we play this &*%$*# town we #$@* rock the mother #$@* house mother #$@*, so &*%$*#- sing this *&%$ with us &*%$*# suckers!!!" So we did. "You're crime is time and it's EIGHTEEN AND LIFE TO GOOOOOOOO".

But that's when it all ground to a halt. Guns n' Roses was terrible. There's no other way to describe it. Not only is Axl trying to sell us on his new character with dreadlocks, but he was under the misguided notion that we came to see him play the piano. If I wanted to see someone perform on a piano, I'd have arrived earlier for the Suicide Girls. Axl was terrible, his new band was terrible, and the sound was terrible. So when Mrs. Dude told me 45 minutes into the set that she had to go to the ladies room, I didn't flinch, and for the first time, I left a show early.

My point here is that it's not how you start, it's how you finish. And although we got full value for the first half of the show, when someone asks me how the show was, I tell them it was terrible because that's how it finished.

Are the Oilers and Senators off to terrible starts? Ottawa is little more troubled than Edmonton right now, but by all accounts, yes. But it's not how you start, it's how you finish, just ask the Suicide Girls."

A) Axl does not have dreadlocks and B) He's been under the impression that we came to see him play piano since the orginal lineup started playing November Rain live back in 1991. That has nothing to do with the new lineup.

Another closed-minded idiot who had his mind made up about GNR before they ever hit the stage.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What do you expect from sports fans? ok
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 04:10:42 PM »

Axl on a piano?!!? Oh my god.. Who would have thought.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »

Axl on a piano?!!? Oh my god.. Who would have thought.

Axl uses a piano? Roll Eyes
Is this a new thing he does? nervous

What planet is this reviewer on?

I don't know what annoys me more about this, the bad review or this guy mixing it with hockey references. Angry
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:12:33 PM »

haha yeah he bitches about the beer prices i suppose a sports writer should already know venues gouge people for booze huh? also looks like he left after only 8 songs ..... makes for a good basis to write a review Roll Eyes

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »

It's just so annoying when people compare two things that have NOTHING to do with each other.

Like music and hockey.  They don't intertwine. 

If he hated the show I don't even care.  But this person obviously is just some obsessed sports fan and should stick to what he knows about.  Idiots on ice with sticks.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 04:18:05 PM »

Bach's band was not Skid Row, but they did every Skid Row classic, and did both of them very well.

hahahahahaha  NICE!!!   rofl

and who cares if the guy didnt like the show? It's his opinion and he paid for his ticket. Still money in Axl's pocket.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 04:20:01 PM »

Also did anyone actually have a mullet? I haven't seen a real mullet in quite a while.. But it is Canada. Joking.. This guy obviously knows little about rock n' roll if he was questioning Axl rose on a piano considering November Rain is one of the biggest songs for Axl Rose.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 04:22:40 PM »

If he thinks the Suicide Girls are the best thing at a GNR show...enough said.  He looses all credibility.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »

Axl was terrible, his new band was terrible, and the sound was terrible.

what a very construtive review!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 04:24:32 PM »

the guy who wrote this review is a complete moron and doesnt probably even know the song november rain.  what an ignorant douchebag typical beer drinking american (no offense to americans not all of you are like that)

not to be confused: americans=north americans in general
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:26:25 PM by mdttkk » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »

Do you think he thought it was terrible? Im not sure if he made his point saying the word terrible 18 times.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 04:25:40 PM »

Also did anyone actually have a mullet? I haven't seen a real mullet in quite a while.. But it is Canada. Joking.. This guy obviously knows little about rock n' roll if he was questioning Axl rose on a piano considering November Rain is one of the biggest songs for Axl Rose.

The mullet never really dies no matter how much we pray it will.

It's like the 40 something year old women who drag out the same outfit they wore in 1988 to a show and think it still looks good. Lips Sealed

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 04:26:49 PM »

Do you think he thought it was terrible? Im not sure if he made his point saying the word terrible 18 times.

lol I?m still in doubt you know....  haha  peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 04:27:52 PM »

the guy who wrote this review is a complete moron and doesnt probably even know the song november rain.? what an ignorant douchebag typical beer drinking american (no offense to americans not all of you are like that)

HAHA he's canadian i think hihi

i didn't see any mullets.....except for the cross dressers who came in after baz ?but yeah that's a different story hihi

Funny too how he critisizes baz for swearing too much but thought the swearing strippers were the shit ?Roll Eyes

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 04:28:55 PM »

lol , lots of panties in bunches here!  hihi

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 04:30:07 PM »

the guy who wrote this review is a complete moron and doesnt probably even know the song november rain.  what an ignorant douchebag typical beer drinking american (no offense to americans not all of you are like that)

HAHA he's canadian i think hihi

i didn't see any mullets.....except for the cross dressers who came in after baz  but yeah that's a different story hihi

Funny too how he critisizes baz for swearing too much but thought the swearing strippers were the shit  Roll Eyes

Yeah he disses Axl for using a piano but he cant stand the word "Fuck" "ass" "Mother fucker" and whatever else Bach used. Yeeeah he knows his shit enough to be able to write a review.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 04:31:43 PM »

how dare he have an opinion.... Roll Eyes

the skid row line was classic... hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: