Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Do you think buckethead will be around when cd comes out?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think buckethead will be around when cd comes out?  (Read 12829 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »

What I think is surprising is that Axl has always kinda' given the impression that if you betray, or stab him in the back, the relationship is done.

In the initial press release about Buckethead quitting Gn'R, Axl sounds really bitter and upset concerning Bucket's departure, so I think it's rather interesting that despite that obvious resentment, Axl would persue Buckethead in attempts of having him re-join the lineup instead of just searching elsewhere for a replacement.

I guess what Buckethead brought to the album, and what his skills could offer in aiding Axl's artistic vision far outweighed the hurt feelings Axl probably felt with regards to Bucket's abrupt departure.

Or perhaps their is two sides to the story and Buckethead had decent reasons to pull out of the band. If Axl Rose could get Bumblefoot ready in 2-3 weeks to play Nyc, he most certainly could have done the same thing in 04 to play rock n rio. However, he chose not too, so who really knows how committed Axl was in 04 to getting this train moving again... for some reason he hid for 2 years again.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »

They tried getting Buckethead back up until 2-3 weeks before Hammerstein. peace

That was my impression as well.  I think BH is officially in GnR's past at this point...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 09:17:23 PM »

They tried getting Buckethead back up until 2-3 weeks before Hammerstein. peace

That was my impression as well.? I think BH is officially in GnR's past at this point...

Sadly..... Undecided
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 09:37:24 PM »

I am going to sorely miss Bucket. If it weren't for GNR, I wouldn't have heard of him. Wish my 2 favorites were still together, but I don't see it happening.

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:20 PM »

what where the reasons he left?  Can anyone give some details?

If you dont like me, blow me!
buckethead25
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 09:41:46 PM »

I am curious about the supposed tensions between Bucket and the other members of the band..Tommy talked smack..that's all i know of..But people keep saying that Bucket and Robin didnt get along either..Where did that come from? I do think if Chinese Democracy is released with Bucket on it then he will have to deal with it in some way..Lets face it.As virtuoso as he is..every single reference to him in terms of media and print will refer him as a former gunner, like they already do..As much as Bucket seems to want to distance himself from GNR, the reality is that a good portion of his fan base was introduced to him via his stint with GNR
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »

I am curious about the supposed tensions between Bucket and the other members of the band..Tommy talked smack..that's all i know of..But people keep saying that Bucket and Robin didnt get along either..Where did that come from? I do think if Chinese Democracy is released with Bucket on it then he will have to deal with it in some way..Lets face it.As virtuoso as he is..every single reference to him in terms of media and print will refer him as a former gunner, like they already do..As much as Bucket seems to want to distance himself from GNR, the reality is that a good portion of his fan base was introduced to him via his stint with GNR

Robin was probably pissed Bucket got such a longer solo on the tour and that he could play him under the table.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 09:44:27 PM »

what where the reasons he left?? Can anyone give some details?

IMO its  because there was no album in site. GH puts out like 2 albums a year, gnr while BH ws in the band didnt put out one. And its still not out. That is why I dont think he came back this time.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 09:48:52 PM »

IMO its? because there was no album in site. GH puts out like 2 albums a year, gnr while BH ws in the band didnt put out one. And its still not out. That is why I dont think he came back this time.

That's a big reason I think. This year, for example, he's put out 3 new CDs, at least.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »

IMO its? because there was no album in site. GH puts out like 2 albums a year, gnr while BH ws in the band didnt put out one. And its still not out. That is why I dont think he came back this time.

I remember you said Buckethead actually broke his contract with Gn'R when he quit, and I still think its going to be interesting how Buckethead will financially profit from his contributions to CD, given that fact.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
estranged.1098
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »

Robin was probably pissed Bucket got such a longer solo on the tour and that he could play him under the table.

If that were the case Robin would be pissed at Ron as well.

Besides, Axl gave interviews saying the two were not getting along that great even before they played live. In fact, I think they started getting along better as the tour went on.
EFISH
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 10:16:54 PM »

Hey, If I were Robin and was with Axl for those years and when they finally "debubted" Axl hired some guy that wears a bucket and a mask to play lead guitar.  nervous And I love Bucket so dont say i'm hating Grin im just saying imagine what Robin was thinking...
estranged.1098
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 10:30:10 PM »

Hey, If I were Robin and was with Axl for those years and when they finally "debubted" Axl hired some guy that wears a bucket and a mask to play lead guitar.  nervous And I love Bucket so dont say i'm hating Grin im just saying imagine what Robin was thinking...

Bucket was hired to replace Robin after he left.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 10:39:55 PM »

Hey, If I were Robin and was with Axl for those years and when they finally "debubted" Axl hired some guy that wears a bucket and a mask to play lead guitar.? nervous And I love Bucket so dont say i'm hating Grin im just saying imagine what Robin was thinking...

Robin had left the band at the time Buckethead joined. Robin was back with Nine Inch Nails at that time.
IIRC, Robin didn't return to the GnR fold until about 4 months before HOB 2001. Also, there is a version of CITR with Robin playing instead of Brian May. NO, I DON'T HAVE IT!
 ?I just remember some site having an interview with Brian May from 2000 where he discusses recording CITR. In that interview he said he was asked to record parts for the song because Axl's guitarist had just left the band, so Axl didn't want to use his parts.

Funny- When Bucket was in the band, nobody wanted him there. Now that he's gone everyone (well, not everyone, but you get the point) wants him back.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 10:41:31 PM »

Plus, I can't see why it would have been for 2006, have you ever heard and read Tommy speaking about buckethead?
There is NO WAY the band tried to bring him back this year without Tommy's approval. and Tommy does NOT want BH back (and he is right!).

What did Tommy say? I've never read anything about how the guys feel about BH.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 10:51:55 PM »

Hey, If I were Robin and was with Axl for those years and when they finally "debubted" Axl hired some guy that wears a bucket and a mask to play lead guitar.? nervous And I love Bucket so dont say i'm hating Grin im just saying imagine what Robin was thinking...

Funny- When Bucket was in the band, nobody wanted him there. Now that he's gone everyone (well, not everyone, but you get the point) wants him back.

Isn't that what always happens.

EFISH
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 10:55:58 PM »

Robin had left the band at the time Buckethead joined. Robin was back with Nine Inch Nails at that time.
IIRC, Robin didn't return to the GnR fold until about 4 months before HOB 2001. Also, there is a version of CITR with Robin playing instead of Brian May. NO, I DON'T HAVE IT!
  I just remember some site having an interview with Brian May from 2000 where he discusses recording CITR. In that interview he said he was asked to record parts for the song because Axl's guitarist had just left the band, so Axl didn't want to use his parts.

Interesting. Does anyone have any interview with Brian May? I know its around but I never had a chance to download it.   beer
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 10:59:10 PM »

Why would buckethead be around?  He's not in the band.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »

Why would buckethead be around?? He's not in the band.

Well he wasn't in the band before this tour and Axl still wanted him around. Never know with these guys.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2006, 11:35:21 PM »

Ron is solid but Bucket will always be missed. His sound and image works great with the band. I wish Tommy didnt bad mouth him and I wish Bucket would come back and realize that he, Axl and Robin can be such a dymnamic force for the next few yrs...o well....atleast we have some tapes and leaks...

btw that new intro they play with the sounds and stuff and the noise that builds up to CD sounds like a Bucket imprint as well as the leaks....I bet anything he added to the album is golden...lets just hope Axl keeps it....whatever is the best material is what I want from 01 and on......

BUCKET COME BACK!!!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: