Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  just to clarify all those who have an inside source at best buy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: just to clarify all those who have an inside source at best buy  (Read 4377 times)
raven12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 16, 2006, 03:23:14 AM »

hey yall
this is maybe my tenth post so that doesnt give me a whole lot of cred. i also am disregarding all grammatical rules, but to all of those that have spoken to an employee at best buy, or claim to. i am a media supervisor, essentially an assistant manager of the department involving music, movies, and videogames, and various other bs. i can say that no one, not a soul in upper management for the entire wisconsin, illinois, minnesota, and iowa, michigan area as a clue about chinese democracy being available anytime soon. i literally check our system ten times a shift to see if something has popped up, i check under description, artist, title anything, and i know that most of you have not a clue how this works, our computers tell us exactly how much of something each store is getting, when it is coming out, and how many we have on order. i have literally exhausted every opportunity to locate chinese democracy, nothing shows, does this mean that we cant have it in a few days, no, things have showed up in our system 4-5 days before we get them and everything has been accurate. a few examples being newer hddvd, and blu ray discs, as well as nacho libre, ps3 and nintendo wii, to be fair a suprise attack is possible, but unless this whole conspiracy is larger than any of us fathom not having more than three days notice is almost impossible, i also see our weekly add more than a 6 days ahead of time. i have not seen next weeks, but it is under lock and key for day after thanksgiving, i am sure i will see it tomorrow. the chances of this album getting released without it being know to the masses are decent, but without a few days notice by an employee of any music store, and our weekly circular, not likely, not saying it cant happen, but highly unlikely, i am not a naysayer, in fact my aol name has been awaiting chinese democracy since 99 and i was i 7th grade. more power to the speculators, but facts are facts, and what is probable is most likely going to happen, we will have a few days notice, and absolutely no music reps or managers, or district, or corparate people have said anything about this.
here is to hope
the raven
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 03:26:06 AM »

Seems legit to me.

When I called the best buy in Tampa the guy had zero info also. He actually asked me if I knew anything about it.  hihi
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:28:17 AM »

Good post.  Do you (anyone) know if there's any typical reason for the releases that come out with only a few days notice? Something like ps3 & wii makes me curious why.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:28:29 AM »

Hey, while you may not have credit as being a rabid poster on here at least you posted what seems to be the honest truth about what you know. ?That in my book is pretty cool. ?Everyone wants to be an insider these days it seems or make up some BS rumor to get fans going....

peace
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 03:28:39 AM »

Cool. Thanks for the post and insight. Hopefully they're in the process of pulling off the greatest sneak attack in the history of rock... that's about all we got at this point... drool

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
raven12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 03:36:39 AM »

with the ps3 and wii, it was due to inventory numbers being known to the general public, for example, this idiot who works in my department revealed, to one person how many ps3s we are getting and now we have him and 14 of his friends waiting in line to buy one and sell it on ebay for 2 grand, as for other things and their release dates, hddvd and bluray especially have shifting dates, sometimes we have info on the website and nothing in the computer, and when we thought certain things would be out they werent, a few examples, nacho libre, sopranos season six part one and reds, were all scheduled to be out on certain days, for hddvd, i own a unit and primarily purchase only hd releases,....these didnt show up in our computer till a day or two befor we got them, or didnt get them, in the case of the sopranos, leading me to believe we didnt carry them, sopranos is now coming out on dec 19, and the others are released, for those who care, we also have gh2 and welcome to the jungle the best of in the comp, leading me to believe we at one time told these would be released, they now have scheduled release dates of 12 21 2021, so we have had info before, but nothing at this time, but like i said, a couple days would not shock me in anyway.
the raven
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 03:47:20 AM »

hey yall
this is maybe my tenth post so that doesnt give me a whole lot of cred. i also am disregarding all grammatical rules, but to all of those that have spoken to an employee at best buy, or claim to. i am a media supervisor, essentially an assistant manager of the department involving music, movies, and videogames, and various other bs. i can say that no one, not a soul in upper management for the entire wisconsin, illinois, minnesota, and iowa, michigan area as a clue about chinese democracy being available anytime soon. i literally check our system ten times a shift to see if something has popped up, i check under description, artist, title anything, and i know that most of you have not a clue how this works, our computers tell us exactly how much of something each store is getting, when it is coming out, and how many we have on order.
yay for best buy media! Nice post, its hard to convince people that most people are more clueless than they are. I do the same thing(exhausting all resources). I can garrentee that the second something happens in a big box retailer like best buy, it will be on the messege boards. No one in any stores are withholding information, its just not possible on that grand of scale.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 03:47:32 AM »

Let me just say: WHO GIVES A FUCK?

seriosusly, why does anyone that works for ANY retailer think that if it isnt in their "system",
it must not be coming out this year.

If it was Dec 16th, then I might give 2 shits.

Until then, everyone who calls BESTBUY or works there, or anywhere the fuck else,
give it a rest.
raven12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 03:50:23 AM »

i was just trying to relive some peoples minds. no need to be a jerk
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 04:05:01 AM »

i was just trying to relive some peoples minds. no need to be a jerk

No, there isn't and he doesn't speak for everyone on the board, thankfully.

Not to mention he can't read, I believe you stated it was a possibility to get it with a few days notice. peace

I suppose some people just enjoy reading mindless conspiracy theories instead of someone trying to be honest.....
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 06:05:48 AM »

Realisticly its not coming out this year.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 08:04:41 AM »

Thanks for providing the board with an honest outlook, Raven
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 08:29:32 AM »

yeah, i posted about this a day or two ago, but i kinda just posted it in a topic that didnt have much to do with it, so it mightve been over looked.

i work for bestbuy, specifically in the inventory/mechandising department, and we have nothing on it. the info that the other member on this board claims to have gotten from his local store is false.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 08:50:21 AM »

yeah, i posted about this a day or two ago, but i kinda just posted it in a topic that didnt have much to do with it, so it mightve been over looked.

i work for bestbuy, specifically in the inventory/mechandising department, and we have nothing on it. the info that the other member on this board claims to have gotten from his local store is false.

They cant sell what they dont have... makes perfect realistic sense to me...

This album has become the DiVinci Code... all these rumors, lies, clues and conspiracies for a rock album that nobody has even heard of...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 08:53:46 AM »

Haha, yeah I remember your post kunzerd. And Raven12, don't listen to DaNutz. It's cool that you posted. If nothing else it "almost" eliminates the idea of a complete surprise release where is just shows up on store shelves. Like you said, maybe it would be possible, but the odds are very slim. From alot of the posts I've read on this board people don't seem to believe that and understand the logistics behind everything.

I think 11/21 is almost out... 11/28 a possibility, but even that is not very likely. Probably we're looking into December by now. And what you said seemed honest, you didn't say it was not coming out this year, just doubtful it'll be out without a few days/week or two notice..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 09:00:45 AM »

Haha, yeah I remember your post kunzerd. And Raven12, don't listen to DaNutz. It's cool that you posted. If nothing else it "almost" eliminates the idea of a complete surprise release where is just shows up on store shelves. Like you said, maybe it would be possible, but the odds are very slim. From alot of the posts I've read on this board people don't seem to believe that and understand the logistics behind everything.

I think 11/21 is almost out... 11/28 a possibility, but even that is not very likely. Probably we're looking into December by now. And what you said seemed honest, you didn't say it was not coming out this year, just doubtful it'll be out without a few days/week or two notice..

I don't understand what was so wrong with DaNutz post.

It really does not matter who has what "listed in their system".

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
darkdays_01
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 09:02:22 AM »

This has nothing to do with best buy but A one of my best friends wives works for the corporate office for Virgin, and this guy is like all of you guys. He is a GnR fanatic. To make a long story short he emailed me about the info she has. I posted a post about myspace blog searches. hoping you guys would find my blog so it didnt look like i was just making this story up but anyhow if you wanna read what i found ut go ahead.

www.myspace.com/billyvr
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »

This has nothing to do with best buy but A one of my best friends wives works for the corporate office for Virgin, and this guy is like all of you guys. He is a GnR fanatic. To make a long story short he emailed me about the info she has. I posted a post about myspace blog searches. hoping you guys would find my blog so it didnt look like i was just making this story up but anyhow if you wanna read what i found ut go ahead.

www.myspace.com/billyvr

post it here.... i cant open myspace at work
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »

www.myspace.com/billyvr

Nice blog about how much the new band sucks and is not Guns N' Roses. Gotta say, thats a new one by me; posting a link to your blog instead of just posting negative shit.

I guess it was nice that yet another "inside" source was quoted as saying it's coming out on November 28.  Still nothing concrete or reliable though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 09:09:19 AM »

www.myspace.com/billyvr

Nice blog about how much the new band sucks and is not Guns N' Roses. Gotta say, thats a new one by me; posting a link to your blog instead of just posting negative shit.

I guess it was nice that yet another "inside" source was quoted as saying it's coming out on November 28.? Still nothing concrete or reliable though.

thanks for sonopsis.... glad i didnt read it.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: