Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Phony band name release thread (Store employees report here)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Phony band name release thread (Store employees report here)  (Read 7130 times)
Edward Rose
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:27:31 PM »

I don't know if this thread is allowed cuz I'm new. But here goes...

All right here's what we'll try to do. We'll try using the IDEA of that other rumor with the off chance that this is the method that will be used for a sneaky release. So what we need is for "Major" music store employees to look for a new release from a band they don't recognize, but with the "Number of copies" up on the order of what would be expected by a major band's new release.

If you find anything shady, CHECK THE INTERNET FIRST to see if the band really exists. Then if not, report it to this thread. 

And remember, we might end up finding different phony band names in different cities and countries, so don't be disillusioned if we find something and then also find other names in other places.

GOOD LUCK! Cool
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »

This may just end up bringing more attention whores out to play.
vedderone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 10:31:11 PM »

I agree no more speculation threads please
Edward Rose
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 10:31:40 PM »

This may just end up bringing more attention whores out to play.

But surely there are MANY reliable members here who work in a major music store, no?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »

no!  reliable member or not we don't need any more speculation. Sad

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 10:36:46 PM »

I give you cred for trying stuff, but the album will be out at the same time regardless, I really dont care if I find out 6 hours before it gets announced by way of a phony shipment name. If the boxs come, regardless of  what the box says or the name of the shipment, it's only a matter of time before someone opens the box, see's the adendum for display and release date, and tells every body.  This seem pretty pointless to go through all this.  I'd rather try and cure cancer or something.
Edward Rose
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 10:37:23 PM »

no!  reliable member or not we don't need any more speculation. Sad

Then delete if everyone feels so strongly about it. Science Chirst!, that's all anyone is doing here anyway.

This SEEMED like the best idea to have a heads up. But what ever!  confused
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:58:16 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 10:37:39 PM »

The phony band name thing was already exposed as FAKE.

If I remember how the story went .. it was something like someone from another forum made it up to start shit on all the forums. ?I believe it got him banned from that other forum and HTGTH and probably all the other GNR sites he posted it on.

It's in one of the threads on this board but I'm not about to waste my time looking for it.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Edward Rose
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 10:38:25 PM »

If I remember how the story went .. it was something like someone from another forum made it up to start shit on all the forums.  I believe it got him banned from that other forum and HTGTH and probably all the other GNR sites he posted it on.

It's in one of the threads on this board but I'm not about to waste my time looking for it.

Did you even READ my post?  Undecided

I said the "IDEA" of that rumor. Because we also determined that it's plausible.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:42:14 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 10:43:32 PM »

If I remember how the story went .. it was something like someone from another forum made it up to start shit on all the forums.? I believe it got him banned from that other forum and HTGTH and probably all the other GNR sites he posted it on.

Did you even READ my post?? Undecided

Yes, I did.? ?The point I was trying to make (and obviously failed) was basically the same thing everyone else is trying to tell you, i.e., that any mention of that phony band name, and the other rumors already exposed as FAKE, only bring out the trolls and spammers.

Sorry for not explaining my reasoning before.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Edward Rose
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 10:44:38 PM »

Well then, like I said. Delete. But don't act all surprised if that ends up being how they do it.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 10:44:50 PM »

If I remember how the story went .. it was something like someone from another forum made it up to start shit on all the forums.  I believe it got him banned from that other forum and HTGTH and probably all the other GNR sites he posted it on.

Did you even READ my post?  Undecided

I said the "IDEA" of that rumor. Because we also determined that it's plausible.

People, people, people, let's try to follow Edward's lead here..... hihi
Edward Rose
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 10:48:44 PM »

People, people, people, let's try to follow Edward's lead here..... hihi

If the mods don't want us doing it, they''ll just delete... no harm done. But otherwise it might be fun. (I have no frikin' idea why I rhyme sometimes Smiley )
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 10:55:15 PM »

So the HMV bit was proven to be a fake.  I lost track when it got sucked into the huge "CD release date rumor" thread. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Edward Rose
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

So the HMV bit was proven to be a fake.  I lost track when it got sucked into the huge "CD release date rumor" thread. ok

"This has nothing to do with Michael Jackson any previous rumors"
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 10:57:49 PM »

Why are people being a dick to this guy for? Shit, you don't want to read a speculation thread don't fuckin read it. It's not difficult. 95% of topics on this board is based on speculation. That's what happens when there is no information.

Edward, keep doing what you're doing, man.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »

"This has nothing to do with Michael Jackson any previous rumors"

I know.  I see where you are going with this.  I have just been wondering about the other thread and how it ended.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 11:01:46 PM »

Why are people being a dick to this guy for? Shit, you don't want to read a speculation thread don't fuckin read it. It's not difficult. 95% of topics on this board is based on speculation. That's what happens when there is no information.

Edward, keep doing what you're doing, man.

I approve.  If it can give any info whatsoever I'm all for it.   ok
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 11:04:53 PM »

Kiddos, you maybe on the cusp, of what you've been waiting for...for years....open your eyes and ears.

http://www.myspace.com/edwardfrose

ok
Z
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »

I thought the Far Downs/Blue Trees Green Grass was awesome! 

This thread is what this place needs.

No need to slag Eddie Rose for trying to bring the mood up around here.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: